Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency Hong Kong Tsim Sha Tsui - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 3, 2016, 10:00 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: forumpersona999
This is a Cat 4 Hotel located in the K11 mall

Considered by many, but certainly not everyone, to be a better location Hyatt then the GH HK.

Hotel email: [email protected].

DSU will get you a Regency Suite and access to the Lounge

All Suite occupant will include the following benefits in the Regency Club Lounge on 23rd floor:

• Complimentary Continental Buffet Breakfast
• Complimentary Evening Cocktails
• All day complimentary tea, coffee and soft drink service

Picture of the Lounge:
(add here if you have it)

Picture of the Regency Suite:
(add here if you have it)
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/23375541-post319.html

tips:

Other Perks:

Blogger Reviews:
http://onemileatatime.boardingarea.c...tsim-sha-tsui/

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Sep 6, 2014, 4:10 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL Gold
I just checked into a Suite here last night and got my welcome letter... Used points and cash And DSU, they upgraded me to a harbor view room. Guests into the club is an extra $220? Even if they are staying in my room.. IE my dad? That is at least how I read the letter.... anyone experience this before? Strange...

Last edited by honghong322; Sep 6, 2014 at 5:02 pm Reason: update
Old Sep 6, 2014, 11:35 pm

Programs: Jose Cuervo Gold, Bud Light Platinum, Schwab 401K, VW Bug 2MM
Originally Posted by honghong322
I just checked into a Suite here last night and got my welcome letter... Used points and cash And DSU, they upgraded me to a harbor view room. Guests into the club is an extra $220? Even if they are staying in my room.. IE my dad? That is at least how I read the letter.... anyone experience this before? Strange...
shouldn't be. maybe the wording is confusing.
Old Sep 7, 2014, 2:32 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Your father is not a guest, he's a registered guest :-).

Simply claim your Diamond benefits (but that shouldn't be necessary)..... free club access for all those registered in your room up to 4 persons. And having a suite club access is standard here, so don't mind the welcome letter. Some properties include this for those that have guests over.
Old Sep 12, 2014, 12:40 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Ended up redeeming a DSU and was given a Regency Suite King on the 22nd floor. I agree with prior comments that the room configuration is a bit odd, but I kind of liked it. At least there's lots of separation between the entry door and the living/sleeping space, which is one of my big issues in many hotel rooms. And while the view is definitely not as spectacular as the view from the lounge, you do get the harbour view from the bath tub And the mixed harbour/city view is still pretty spectacular.

Overall a very pleasant stay and I would definitely return. Enjoyed the TST location, particularly running the Kowloon waterfront first thing in the morning.
Old Sep 25, 2014, 6:02 am

Programs: LH Senator, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Hyatt Regency Tsim Sha Tsui, room upgrade?

Will be staying there in early November, and already guaranteed a high floor, and was offered HKD400 + 10% for upgrading the room from city view to a harbor view room.

Is it worth it? I have been to HKG so many times, practically live there, but the view is nothing new to me, but still very beautiful. Will the view be obstructed? worth it?

Opinions?

Thanks
Old Sep 25, 2014, 9:29 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist, DL Plat, UA Silver
It depends on which room though.

How much of a difference is it without the harbor view room?

If you're from HK than forget the views lol
Old Sep 26, 2014, 12:28 pm
Moderator: Mileage Run, InterContinental Hotels

Originally Posted by flyhen
Is it worth it? I have been to HKG so many times, practically live there, but the view is nothing new to me, but still very beautiful. Will the view be obstructed? worth it?
The view will be obstructed to some extent even on the highest floors (this is true for basically all hotels except the IC and top floors of the Peninsula), but I'd say anything above the 18th floor will have an impressive view (IMO, on a clear day, the HR's sweeping view of TST, the harbor, and HK island can be more exciting than the plain harbor view you have from the IC). And yeah, I've spent a year of my life in HK cumulatively, and I never fail to be impressed by the view, even on the hundredth trip.

A caveat: at this property, I've had rooms they called "harbor view" as low as the 13th floor. Those lower floors have significant obstructions. I'd say, if you can guarantee a high floor harbor view, it's worth a little upcharge; especially if you can get one of the larger xx08 (preferred) or xx23 rooms, which offer significantly more space.
Old Sep 26, 2014, 12:47 pm

Programs: LH Senator, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Thanks, I will see if I can guarantee a harbour view that's at least on floor 19 or above in writing. If so, I think the $440HKD upcharge might be worth it.
Old Oct 9, 2014, 2:16 pm

Programs: AS; Hyatt; Bonvoy

Do any of the "regulars" at this property have an email address for the manager /front desk they're willing to share?
Old Oct 11, 2014, 9:13 pm

Originally Posted by AKCuisine
Do any of the "regulars" at this property have an email address for the manager /front desk they're willing to share?
You can just visit their page on Hyatt's site and click on the email. I asked about upgrades and got a response from their front desk.
Old Oct 12, 2014, 2:19 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by rgmonkey
You can just visit their page on Hyatt's site and click on the email. I asked about upgrades and got a response from their front desk.
Additionally, the front desk will send you an e-mail about a week prior to your arrival. This is a good time to make specific requests.
Old Oct 12, 2014, 11:40 am

Programs: AS; Hyatt; Bonvoy
Originally Posted by rgmonkey
Thanks, rgmonkey.

Originally Posted by Kacee
Additionally, the front desk will send you an e-mail about a week prior to your arrival. This is a good time to make specific requests.
That sounds like lovely service, Kacee. Not many of the top properties (PH SYD, PH MEL, PH DXB) extend a pre-travel, personal email to guests. I'll be watching for it next month.

Last edited by AKCuisine; Oct 12, 2014 at 12:07 pm
Old Oct 13, 2014, 4:12 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
We stayed here for 2 nights at Plat members. We were celebrating our anniversary and DH's bday. Didn't receive much of an upgrade (partial harbour view only), though they kindly provided complimentary bday cake and wine. Though I was initially disappointed at the lack of upgrade (we were upgraded to the best suite at the Carmel Highlands Hyatt for the same occasion last year), I had one of my best hotel experiences ever.

Let's start with the location. It was perfect for us. It's a 5-10 min walk to Avenue of the Stars aka Tsim Sha Tsui promenade, where the best views of the HK skyline await. Even closer, steps from the hotel, are tons of local eateries, which we loved. DH is Cantonese and introduced several delicacies I've not had in US Canto restaurants. Also the TST MTR (subway/metro) entrance is right outside the hotel, and indeed even accessible without stepping out by another entrance.

The service is impeccable. Janice, who checked us in, still remembered our names on the last day, and offered the free shuttle to Sha Tin even though we were going to a competitor (Marriott). We were warmly greeted by every staff throughout the stay.

Best of all still is the room itself. There are several notable innovations. First, there are TV speakers with volume control in the bathroom, plus a sliding "window", so you can both hear and watch TV in the bathroom. While DH watches TV at every chance, I loved the relaxing music when you turn on the TV. It was the perfect immersion while going about the business in the bathroom and for gazing at the harbour view, of boats gently making their way alongside a piece of the world's finest skyline, against the backdrop of mountain silouhettes. It is one of the most peaceful moving images I've ever seen and watching it with the music is one of the most relaxing things I've ever done. I could do it all day - either sitting in the generous window-side cushions gazing out the window, or in bed gazing at the living room mirror that has the reflection. The other innovation is the "do not disturb" sign. In the US every hotel I've been to makes you hang a tag on the outside door handle. I can't tell you how many times I've open the door half naked just to hang the tag, hoping no one walks by in those 3 seconds. Well, there is no such trouble here. It is all electronically set inside and displayed outside. Voila.

On top of all that, you get a free smart phone during your stay with unlimited data. They even let you make free calls to several countries including US! This is a HUGE convenience and the first such experiment for Hyatt, I'm told. Hope it sticks around, and I don't mind paying a la carte for it.

I absolutely loved this stay. I can't imagine a better property to redeem our annual cat1-4 free night from Chase. Even the MyElite rate was $280 USD a night during our stay, before tax.
Old Oct 14, 2014, 12:15 am

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist, DL Plat, UA Silver
Originally Posted by Kacee
This lady named Janice, shes in charge of relations in BOTH the Grande Hyatt and the Hyatt TST
Old Nov 16, 2014, 7:33 pm

Just been reading through this thread and wanted to make sure I understand correctly that with booking the DSU upgrade we automatically have access to the club lounge or is that just at the discretion of the agent checking-in?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.