Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency London the Churchill REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Regency London the Churchill REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Oct 25, 2010, 5:20 pm
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Originally Posted by m0hamed
Is this how much the drivers weight? I think you mean GBP

I for one agree. You don't fly premium cabins, stay in 5 star hotels to have the stress of locating ground transportation on arrival, or dealing with public transport. London is one city where you want a car prebooked.
yes indeed GBP not lbs
Its my guilt for all those british scones in clotted cream destroying my brain cells
Thanks for the support and kind words as well as the correction
Come to think of it the loss of pounds may be a good reason to reconsider and use public transport
Old Oct 25, 2010, 5:35 pm

Originally Posted by awpeters
For some of us it's about the adventure, not just the ride. Cheers.
ahhh so true the adventure........The long and winding road
I ran into some young folks on my last trip drinking a few beers at a local London pub.
These folks in their early 20s went around the world with backpacks staying in youth hostels.
While I admire their spirit of adventure and easygoing lifestyle
I don't think I could do with out my turndown and lounge access at the youth hostel.And how would I earn my Hyatt GP points?

I guess its not the ride I would be looking for
As long as I am alive and breathing after some of those longggggggg LHR custom lines when Fast Track is closed I'll be happy to cough up a few GBP to get off the merry go round and get to my final destination fast and easy and ready to recover from the journey.Wine anyone and the spa?
Old Oct 25, 2010, 6:22 pm
Hyatt 10+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
For some of us, the journey is just as important as the destination. Frankly, the art of travel, for me, is to reduce the amount of stress as much as possible, which premium travel, 5 star hotels, express immigration and customs and limousine transfers.
Old Oct 25, 2010, 9:20 pm

Originally Posted by 777 global mile hound
ahhh so true the adventure........The long and winding road
I ran into some young folks on my last trip drinking a few beers at a local London pub.
These folks in their early 20s went around the world with backpacks staying in youth hostels.
While I admire their spirit of adventure and easygoing lifestyle
I don't think I could do with out my turndown and lounge access at the youth hostel.And how would I earn my Hyatt GP points?

I guess its not the ride I would be looking for
As long as I am alive and breathing after some of those longggggggg LHR custom lines when Fast Track is closed I'll be happy to cough up a few GBP to get off the merry go round and get to my final destination fast and easy and ready to recover from the journey.Wine anyone and the spa?
FWIW, I am in my mid-20's. I have shown up with a backpack and only a backpack at LX's Zurich First Class Check-in, the TG F lounge, multiple Park Hyatts and Intercontinentals, among other places, and also at some youth hostels. Each has been a wonderful experience. I also had a great time at some London pubs drinking a few beers with fellow "young folks." Normally we would kick it off at the Regency Club Cocktail Hour or with an IC Minibar, if not at the Arrivals Lounge, but our "adventurous and easygoing lifestyles" caused an early evening scheduling conflict that particular night. Nonetheless, I was more comfortable offering to buy everyone a few rounds knowing I had a means of saving 15+ GBP getting back to the airport in the morning.

All I'm saying is there are a lot of different approaches and budget expectations on this forum.

I posted earlier today in an informative way about an inexpensive yet comfortable and reasonable middle ground for getting to/from this hotel and Heathrow solely to provide additional options for anyone staying here. It was information I would have liked to have had last week before my stay. Perhaps someone else can benefit from it, as I'm sure others may benefit from your suggestion for a private driver. As long as its not rush hour, sounds like a good potential option.

Otherwise, I'm not sure how your extensive and continued thoughts on spending money for comfort are relevant to this thread or discussion.
Old Oct 25, 2010, 11:03 pm

My apologies if I came across poorly to you and perhaps unappreciative of the time you took to post and help others with your thoughtful travel suggestions
Am fully respectful of anyones preference of transportation
Your contributions are appreciated here by this poster in any forum here on FT that can help others......

That said it is all about everyones varying view points and suggestions here IMO
That is how I developed my own decisions on the road trying all that have been shared over this and other forums.
My other comments were only meant as good natured.There is wide audience here and we all have the options to choose our preferred methods that work the best for each and everyone of us
Old Oct 26, 2010, 12:42 am
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Take me, for example. I like trains; if they're at all decent, I'll ride them whenever possible. And as it happens, the Heathrow Express+taxi option can be faster than a car service to or from LHR.
Old Oct 26, 2010, 5:14 am

Programs: Singapore Air, Delta, United 1K, Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Gold, Starwood
Driver Contact Information

Dear 777 global mile hound.......Can you give me the contact information regarding a pre-arranged Driver from Heathrow for 26-29 GBP?
Thanks!

Originally Posted by 777 global mile hound
Hey Folks,
I am a huge fan of this property.
They have been great to me and I really admire
the typically fantastic team of polished friendly professionals here that makes Hyatt proud^
Mr. Pritzker was staying here during one of my first visits.
Wish I had the opportunity to shake his hand.

Just be aware that there are some perfectly fine private drivers that will pick you up at LHR booked in advance for about 25 to 29 GBP (corrected) on average in a nice enough new car and save you from all the grief of the public transportation.
And the overpriced metered taxi
Sure that Heathrow Express is nice however it doesn’t come cheap either.
And how does one compare that with door to door private transportation with no real worries?Who wants to catch a taxi after first paying for a train
And if you are even more than one person traveling even makes less economic sense. Save and cut costs after u get settled at the hotel if u like. The bus, subway and so on.....
However I no longer play the penny pinch game on arrival or departure. Done!
There is a value attached to my comfort and enjoying my stay.
Been subjected to being stuck on a subway track on the way to the airport for departure by 30 minutes, sweating through the subways by summer, standing after flying for 15 hours to the city and being packed like sardines

I for one don't like flying Business or first Class over the pond going to a first class hotel and then having to deal with antiquated subway systems with luggage and carry ons.There are threads on these transportation options and I can dig them up if need be. It makes the stay a complete pleasure when you don’t have to worry and you can arrive in a highly civilized relaxed style
A round of drinks was 35 dollars last night that I picked up. My comfort and sanity on a trip is of importance to me it took me years and getting older to wake up and smell the Hyatt Coffee
Cheers
Old Oct 26, 2010, 11:16 am

Originally Posted by DCP913
Dear 777 global mile hound.......Can you give me the contact information regarding a pre-arranged Driver from Heathrow for 26-29 GBP?
Thanks!
My pleasure! I am pretty sure I have been using "Airport Executive"
Think it is slightly more expensive at pick up than at drop off (27 to 28 GBP if I remember correctly)
The driver has to do a car park to pick you up and meet you in the terminal
The drop off at LHR goes smoother than pick up typically as they meet you right at the hotel which makes it a complete pleasure

On pick up meeting the driver can be a bit tricky as the airport lobby can be so busy and finding the driver a bit challenging
That said they have never been a no show and within less then 20 minutes or as promised on time the driver is there.
Always have a cell phone if at all possible to call them and follow-up if need be

The drivers range from highly professional and friendly to unhappy and quiet (though somewhat rare)My guess some aren't making as much as the higher priced car services
My only concern is they get me there comfortably,safely and for the agreed upon price.On that they deliver and I prefer that to the taxis and other forms of transportation available though as stated in previous posts everyones transportation preferences to the Hyatt are indeed fully respected
I dont think these folks take credit cards and if they do they probably add a surcharge

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/u-k-i...-up-lhr-4.html

Have a great trip and enjoy the The Hyatt Churchill a wonderful property ^
Cheers
Old Nov 5, 2010, 9:27 pm

Regency Club

Can anyone share experience with the Regency Club? First time going to an overseas Hyatt and curious about how the club operates at this property. If it helps, I'm a Diamond. Thanks!
Old Nov 6, 2010, 2:57 am
Moderator: CommunityBuzz!, OMNI, OMNI/PR, and OMNI/Games & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMM, AAMM & ExPlat, Marriott lifetime Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by mauibride
Can anyone share experience with the Regency Club? First time going to an overseas Hyatt and curious about how the club operates at this property. If it helps, I'm a Diamond. Thanks!
Holy crap, past 5 pages are almost all about transportation, finally a question about the property itself:-:

You're being Diamond will help, most Diamonds seem to be given RC access, no matter what floor they are on. A wonderful spread for breakfast, I don't think you'll be disappointed.

BTW, keep going overseas, have fun, I'm always amazed at how few folks travel overseas.
Old Nov 6, 2010, 6:41 am

Programs: Virtuoso, Marriott Stars/Luminous, Hilton Impresario, IHG Luxury & Lifestyle, Hyatt Prive etc
The club gets very busy at breakfast but has a good spread (pretty comprehensive continental breakfast). During the day, there are soft drinks and cookies available. In the evening 6-8pm ish, there is plenty for dinner (smoked salmon, crudites, bread, cheese, middle eastern food and sweet stuff) as well as the alcoholic drinks including champagne.

The staff in the club are really great, especially Philip (hope I've got the right name). I have only ever stayed in a suite at the hotel, but it grows on me each time I stay there.
Old Nov 6, 2010, 7:21 am
thc

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, AA Platinum
Originally Posted by price123
The club gets very busy at breakfast but has a good spread (pretty comprehensive continental breakfast). During the day, there are soft drinks and cookies available. In the evening 6-8pm ish, there is plenty for dinner (smoked salmon, crudites, bread, cheese, middle eastern food and sweet stuff) as well as the alcoholic drinks including champagne.

The staff in the club are really great, especially Philip (hope I've got the right name). I have only ever stayed in a suite at the hotel, but it grows on me each time I stay there.
I can attest to that. It's a great club and the service is great, but the club is packed during breakfast. We were there for 4 nights in July 2010, and a couple mornings, the club attendant sent us downstairs to the restaurant with breakfast certificates because there was no room in the lounge to sit.

Last edited by thc; Nov 6, 2010 at 4:48 pm
Old Nov 6, 2010, 12:25 pm
Moderator: CommunityBuzz!, OMNI, OMNI/PR, and OMNI/Games & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMM, AAMM & ExPlat, Marriott lifetime Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by thc
... and a couple mornings, the club attendant sent us downstairs to the restaurant with breakfast certificates.
lucky you^ While I'm satisfied with most lounge breakfast offerings, I almost always prefer the restaurant choices to the lounge.

Last edited by Sweet Willie; Nov 7, 2010 at 9:12 am
Old Nov 7, 2010, 5:53 am

Programs: Virtuoso, Marriott Stars/Luminous, Hilton Impresario, IHG Luxury & Lifestyle, Hyatt Prive etc
We often book a b+b rate for 1 night (Selfridges package is good value) and advance purchase or best available for the other nights. When we do this, we generally get told we can have full breakfast in the restaurant each morning and the last stay we had room service breakfast which was really good.
Old Nov 7, 2010, 10:19 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, PC Platinum Ambassador, LH Senator
Very kind hotel staff

Recently I stayed first time in HR Churchill London. Mainly I appreciated the hotel staff attitude and their habit to be helful all the time. It is quite exceptional to have early check-out without additional fee and without long bargaining. I had there. I was well cared as a valued guest. Thank you!
^^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.