Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency London the Churchill REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Regency London the Churchill REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Jun 11, 2010, 12:33 am

Originally Posted by chanp
1) Standard rooms are well...standard. With 2 beds, depending on the size of the 3rd person, you should be ok. There is not alot of room for a roll away, which they wont allow because of the size of the room.

2) You may want to request a suite upgrade, I think it's 50-75 quid a night.

3) Location is decent, esp if you like walking. The tube is about a 5 mins walk
Thanks for the info! I really appreciate it. We don't mind walking and we'll only be there for a few days, so I think the standard room will work for us.
Old Jun 27, 2010, 9:59 pm

Does anyone know if there's a drop-off laundry nearby the hotel?
Old Jun 27, 2010, 10:51 pm

Programs: AA-LTP, HH-DIA, Marriott-LT+AMB, Hyatt-Globalist, Hertz-PC, UA-GS
Originally Posted by broadwayboy
I dont recall seeing one, but it was raining so I was walking fast. I would either call or email the hotel, I'm sure they could tell you.
Old Jun 27, 2010, 11:51 pm
Hyatt 10+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
or Google Maps....
Old Jun 28, 2010, 4:47 am

Originally Posted by broadwayboy
White Rose Laundry
48 Chiltern St,
London,
W1U 7QS
telephoneTel: 020 7224 210
telephoneFax: none
map View map
Opening hours:
Mon-Fri: 8:00am - 6:00pm
Sat: 10:00am - 3:00pm
Sun: Closed

They are the laundry used by the hotel. However if you drop off the price is remarkably lower. I was able to get 2-day service.
Old Jun 28, 2010, 8:30 am

Super! Thank you.
Old Jul 13, 2010, 9:00 pm

Programs: AA1MM, QF/NZ/VA/UA/DL, etc...
transport from LHR

I'm looking at a possible trip in late September, considering staying at this property as this will be my first trip to London!

What do you folks recommend as far as transport from LHR? I read one review here that said the prebooked driver was a disaster.

Would a cab or even public transport be a better option, given I'm a first-timer?

Thanks for any advice!
Old Jul 13, 2010, 9:05 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium (former PP), Hilton Silver, UA Silver, AS Member, Hertz 5*
Are you traveling with others and how much baggage will you be bringing? If it is a solo trip, I would take the Heathrow Express train to Paddington and take a cab from there. If you are traveling with more than two people (or have a lot of luggage), it will be better to take a cab from LHR to the hotel.
Old Jul 13, 2010, 9:12 pm

Programs: AA1MM, QF/NZ/VA/UA/DL, etc...
Originally Posted by VA1379
Are you traveling with others and how much baggage will you be bringing? If it is a solo trip, I would take the Heathrow Express train to Paddington and take a cab from there. If you are traveling with more than two people (or have a lot of luggage), it will be better to take a cab from LHR to the hotel.
Thanks - I'd be traveling solo with carryon bag and backpack only, so sounds like the HEX + cab is the way to go!
Old Jul 14, 2010, 12:49 am

Programs: SPG, HH, AA, UA, BD, Hyatt, TYP
Originally Posted by RandyNZ
Thanks - I'd be traveling solo with carryon bag and backpack only, so sounds like the HEX + cab is the way to go!
You could also take Heathrow Connect to save a bit of $$
Old Jul 14, 2010, 8:56 am

Programs: AA-LTP, HH-DIA, Marriott-LT+AMB, Hyatt-Globalist, Hertz-PC, UA-GS
Originally Posted by RandyNZ
I still like the underground from LHR. It's not that bad, esp if you have not been on it
Old Jul 14, 2010, 11:06 am

Programs: UA GS 1.7MM, Hyatt Lifetime Glob, Marriott Titanium/Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by halothane
What's the difference between the two? I have taken the Heathrow Express many times, not sure what the Heathrow Connect is.
Old Jul 14, 2010, 12:05 pm

Location: Since the BoSox and ChiSox won it, now it is the Cubs turn to take the Series. Go Cubs Go!
Originally Posted by CopperSteve
What's the difference between the two? I have taken the Heathrow Express many times, not sure what the Heathrow Connect is.
It makes stops along the way from Heathrow and takes more time. The Heathrow Express is the way to go.
Old Jul 14, 2010, 7:47 pm
Moderator: CommunityBuzz!, OMNI, OMNI/PR, and OMNI/Games & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMM, AAMM & ExPlat, Marriott lifetime Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by chitownflyer
It makes stops along the way from Heathrow and takes more time. The Heathrow Express is the way to go.
to each their own, I've used all three as well as cabbing depending upon my needs/time/budget, so I also agree with chanp
Originally Posted by chanp
I still like the underground from LHR.
Old Jul 14, 2010, 7:59 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by halothane
Thank you Halothane, I had not heard of this but googled it and came up with the info. It appears that for 1/2 the price of the Express, you get in 10 mins later than the express. I am sold, especially since I will be arriving at LHR at around 10 PM -- too late for the Underground and also alot easier on the back since I won't need to haul suitcases up and down stairs. I will then cab it to the hotel from Paddington.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.