Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency London the Churchill REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Regency London the Churchill REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Dec 20, 2009, 12:43 am

Programs: AA EXP/2MM
Still packed...

Originally Posted by RichardInSF
It may be that with card access required now, the lounge isn't overcrowded any more -- I will be there in January and see for myself.

I was there on a Sunday morning in late November... housekeeping left a note the night before from the manager encouraging an "early breakfast" because of overcrowding. At about 9am, the lounge was packed and I was sat in the back room (behind the sliding doors by the TV).

I like this property ^... although 3 weeks later I am still trying to get the points credited... each time I've stayed here its been like this.

--Bill
Old Dec 20, 2009, 1:27 am
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by sombrachinesca

....I like this property ^... although 3 weeks later I am still trying to get the points credited... each time I've stayed here its been like this.

--Bill
I have had the same problem fairly regularly with this property.
Old Jan 18, 2010, 8:48 pm

Programs: World of Hyatt, Chase Ultimate Rewards
Hi,

I have an upcoming stay at London Churchill using free nights. It'll be my first time at the hotel; actually it'll be my first time to London. Any suggestions for restaurants for dinner in/near property?

ERQ
Old Jan 18, 2010, 9:34 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Alaska MVP Gold
We were here at Christmas, and enjoyed our meal at The Audley, a traditional pub at the corner of Mount St. and S. Audley Street. You can either eat in the downstairs bar or upstairs in the restaurant.

We also enjoyed our Christmas Day dinner at Ozer, one of the Sofra restaurants which specialize in Turkish food. http://sokfra.co.uk I believe that there is also another of their restaurants closer to the hotel.

My 13yo loved Wagamama, a fun noodle restaurant at the other end of the square, about 2 blocks away.http://wagamama.com

Hope that helps...
Old Jan 19, 2010, 3:14 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Mucci Champion des Champions, BAG4L, *A Gold, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz Gold, Avis President
Quite a lot around Oxford Street - what type of food are you looking for?
Old Jan 19, 2010, 3:18 am

Locanda Locatelli, the Italian restaurant in the corner of the ground floor of the hotel, just had its Michelin star renewed. If you want to eat in this restaurant, it might be best to contact the concierge prior to your arrival to make a booking for you.

Wagamama is now a massive chain, found all over London. It serves pseudo-Japanese noodle dishes in an informal setting. I find it overpriced for what you get but it might be worth going once for the novelty. I prefer to keep walking another block and trying one of the many restaurants around St. Christopher's square.

I try to avoid Oxford Street entirely unless going to/from the tube, even walking a block away on Wigmore street is much calmer.
Old Jan 19, 2010, 4:37 am

Programs: VA Platinum, SG Solitaire PPS, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by ERQTraveler
Hi,

I have an upcoming stay at London Churchill using free nights. It'll be my first time at the hotel; actually it'll be my first time to London. Any suggestions for restaurants for dinner in/near property?

ERQ
Fish and Chips in the Churchill Bar - very high quality.
Or take a cab to Pimlico and eat at Roussillon - http://www.roussillon.co.uk/home.php - my favourite in London.
Old Jan 19, 2010, 4:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 1.7 M, Hilton Gold, Hertz 5*, AARP Sophomore, 14-time Croix de Candlestick
Lots of food options at Selfridges - from sit-down resturants to the food halls (the Meat Pie shop makes for a quick, tasty snack):

http://www.selfridges.co.uk/index.cf...ter=restaurant
Old Jan 21, 2010, 3:45 pm

Programs: UA2mm,HGPdiamond, AAExPlat, MarriottGold
Also, some interesting ethnic restaurants on Edgeware Rd (a few blocks west of the hotel).
Old Jan 22, 2010, 2:09 am

Programs: M&M Sen,Hyatt Diamond, Mariott Gold,Priority Club Platinum
In particular I would like to recommend Dinings http://www.squaremeal.co.uk/restaura.../84524/Dinings

Small Modern Jap Sushi Bar opened by ex Nobu. Had excellent food there on a number of occasions.

Originally Posted by PSGlenn
Also, some interesting ethnic restaurants on Edgeware Rd (a few blocks west of the hotel).
Old Jan 22, 2010, 2:11 am

Programs: M&M Sen,Hyatt Diamond, Mariott Gold,Priority Club Platinum
Further walk

Another recommendation (a bit further to walk, but still walkable) is

Corrigans Mayfair
http://www.corrigansmayfair.com/

It is right next to the JW Mariott
Old Jan 22, 2010, 11:54 am

Originally Posted by Non-NonRev
Lots of food options at Selfridges - from sit-down resturants to the food halls (the Meat Pie shop makes for a quick, tasty snack):

http://www.selfridges.co.uk/index.cf...ter=restaurant
Except don't even think of trying the corned beef (salt beef to the Brits) place near the side entrance. I honestly couldn't tell which was the corned beef and which was the pastrami, they both were lousy and tasted identical! And the pickles are SWEET!!!!
Old Jan 22, 2010, 2:21 pm

Programs: Alaska 100K - MM, defender of shoes on the carpeted bulkhead 4ever, AA LT PLT, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia
Can anyone comment on the treadmill quality of the gym these days? I'm not looking for the treadmills that have tv screens or internet access, but mostly good quality running surface for those who are too lazy to run over to Hyde Park and get their yayas out.
Old Jan 22, 2010, 3:37 pm
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Originally Posted by RichardInSF
Except don't even think of trying the corned beef (salt beef to the Brits) place near the side entrance. I honestly couldn't tell which was the corned beef and which was the pastrami, they both were lousy and tasted identical! And the pickles are SWEET!!!!
No lessons going to be taught to the New York City delis?
Old Jan 22, 2010, 4:28 pm

Programs: World of Hyatt, Chase Ultimate Rewards
Thank you for the all the info on local restaurants. I hear that London has geat Indian food. Anyone with suggestions near Churchill?

ERQ

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.