Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Park Hyatt Milan REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Park Hyatt Milan REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Feb 7, 2018, 2:30 pm
Community Director Emerita

Originally Posted by SingaporeJunkie
Is Milan underrated? Just Last Super and shopping. And I'm not a shopper.

That being said, I haven't seen the Last Supper yet so will be doing so in the fall.
La Scala Opera Museum is just a few blocks from the hotel. I found it very interesting. Hop on hop off buses are in front of the Duomo. The Duomo is worth seeing, inside and out. Go to the cafe on the top floor of Rinescente Department Store for a superb view of the gargoyles at the top of the Cathedral. There's a nearby museum whose name I can't remember that I enjoyed. The concierge sent me there, again, an easy walk.
Old Feb 7, 2018, 2:50 pm
skj

Programs: UA 2MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by edgewood49
The front desk at the PHM is fantastic and have been superb everytime we are there including last minute Last Supper tickets and help with Lake Como. I would email them. Florence is a hard day trip really hard.

good luck Oh try Cafe Dante fantastic real local
We were in Milan at the PHM about a month ago and the Last Supper was a must do for us. The concierge could get us tickets while we were there, at a cost of 65-70 € each. Instead, he recommended a half day tour that included the Duomo, La Scala and the Last Supper, for 75 €, or just slightly more than the Last Supper itself. I'm usually not a fan of such tours, but our group was relatively small - about a dozen people - and our tour guide was very good. I felt it was a comparatively good value and very worthwhile. We later went back to some of the sites on our own and saw some things we wouldn't have known about if we didn't do the tour.

We had an excellent dinner at Spazio, in the Galleria Vittorio Emanuele, right next to the PHM.
SanDiego1K likes this.
Old Feb 8, 2018, 4:35 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
The Pinacotecca Brea, Pinacotecca Ambrosiana , the Castello Sforzesco (with DaVinci tree murals) , La Scala, the Duomo , strolling and snacking by the Navigli canal, drooling over the offerings at Peck’s ) best food store in Italy, though quite pricey)

Not to mention the Last Supper.

And I hate shopping but I found hats in my size in 10 minutes in the Galleria, usually can’t find them at all before I give up (except London)
Old Feb 18, 2018, 3:36 pm

I'm looking at staying here with my wife and 1 yr old son on points. I have no trouble finding a King room with 2 adults, but when I add the child and list his age as 1 it states no rooms are available. Can this property not differentiate between 2 adults and a child that needs his own bed and a child that will need a crib (I assume would get the VIB treatment). I know this is a European thing, but other PH properties in Europe have no problem with the online booking of 2 adults and a 1 yr old into a standard king room on points. Will I be ok to book 2 adults and call in to add the 1 yr old to the room?
Old Feb 19, 2018, 12:40 pm

Programs: AS Million Miler/Marriott Lifetime Titanium/ IGH Ambassador
Originally Posted by bmrisko
I'm looking at staying here with my wife and 1 yr old son on points. I have no trouble finding a King room with 2 adults, but when I add the child and list his age as 1 it states no rooms are available. Can this property not differentiate between 2 adults and a child that needs his own bed and a child that will need a crib (I assume would get the VIB treatment). I know this is a European thing, but other PH properties in Europe have no problem with the online booking of 2 adults and a 1 yr old into a standard king room on points. Will I be ok to book 2 adults and call in to add the 1 yr old to the room?

without going into all the various reasoning I would email the GM and explain your circumstances
Old Mar 3, 2018, 7:06 am

Programs: continental, united premier, hyatt diamond, marriott silver, priority club platinum amb,hilton gold
Hi all. I am now Explorist. Staying here in July. I understand there is no club lounge. Do Explorist get free breakfast here. Thanks
Old Mar 3, 2018, 9:16 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by stinkycop
Hi all. I am now Explorist. Staying here in July. I understand there is no club lounge. Do Explorist get free breakfast here. Thanks
no club=no free breakfast for all except Globalist +
Old Jun 27, 2018, 1:02 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, United Global Services/1MM
As a Diamond/Globalist for the past 10+ years, I definitely miss much of the 'good old days' of GP, and the combination of moving back to the US from Asia (driving a lot more of my stays to US HR and HP's vs GH/PH's in Asia) has really started to wear away at my drive to be loyal to Hyatt. That, plus there are some fundamental aspects of WoH (vs GP) that are pretty significant negatives to me and my travel patterns.

What does that have to do with the PH Milan? Well, every once in a while, I get reminded why I stick around with Hyatt.

I just wrapped up a 10 day, 11 country, 13 flight around the world slog of a business trip, which included one night at the PH Milan last week. There is no way that I can justify expensing the PH Milan's rate, so I threw some points at it and made a one night P+C reservation about half way through my trip because I wanted to try the place out.

From the moment I walked through the front door it was A++. It was late afternoon and the 4th consecutive day of <3hrs of sleep/night and a full day of meetings, so I'm sure I looked a bit less polished then most of their guests. When I went to check in, she noted that I had a P+C booking, which I thought was odd and I wondered if I'd be getting something of the storage closet variety for a room as a result.

Not so, she apologized and said that because how much they value me as a glob, they wanted to give me a double upgrade to a "Prestige Suite" but the room wasn't quite ready, so would it be ok if they gave me a different room until it was. I happily took the other room and used it for a much needed shower and nap before they came to get to me to move me to my suite.

Everyone I dealt with was phenomenally welcoming, including the host that came to move me to my new room who we discovered through my pretty bad Italian, is from a part of Sicily very close to where my family comes from - a minor detail that she remembered when she sought me out to say good bye and thank you when I checked out the next day. The little details matter.....

The suite was excellent. A nice comfortable sitting room, great bedroom and huge bathroom. As good as most any of the PH suites that I've stayed in over the years around the world. I didn't get to sample the breakfast to have an opinion on the debate above as sleeping in was a far higher priority for me.

So, yes, for the price of the place, you should expect it to be excellent, but as a guest where they must not have made any money on from my P+C booking, my double upgrade to a suite that goes for €2000+/night, having to service 2 rooms and my not spending a dime on anything else in the property, I very much appreciate how hard the staff worked at making my stay excellent. It was a perfectly timed respite from the trip, and their clear desire to make the stay justify the price point had me walking away with a "wow, that was great" feeling and another reminder of why I continue to direct my loyalty towards Hyatt.

Well done PH Milan!
Old Jun 28, 2018, 8:13 am

Programs: Four Seasons PP, RW Elite, Dorchester Diamond, Virtuoso, PenClub, Privé, Oetker Pearl, etc.
Originally Posted by bostonpilot

Well done PH Milan!
Thank you so much for this great update! I have an upcoming stay at PH Milan that I am really looking forward to.
Old Jun 28, 2018, 9:26 am

Great post and I agree with you this is one of my all time favorites plus an easy drive to Lake Como!
Old Jul 1, 2018, 10:57 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
Originally Posted by edgewood49
Great post and I agree with you this is one of my all time favorites plus an easy drive to Lake Como!
Even easier direct train to Varenna, on Lake Como.
Old Jul 1, 2018, 7:53 pm

Originally Posted by beachfan
Even easier direct train to Varenna, on Lake Como.
True but you miss all the fun !
Old Aug 31, 2018, 8:27 am

Programs: Spg gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Diamond
Stayed here in June using a Suite Upgrade... was further upgraded to a Terrace Suite upon arrival. The location of the hotel next to Galleria Vittorio Emanuele was superb (but watch out for theft at the Galleria - my husbands backpack was stolen right in front of us as we were eating). I have to say the cappuccino here for breakfast was the best I have ever had for some reason.

As has been mentioned before, the staff was very welcoming. We were always greeted whenever we came back to the hotel. Breakfast was good, but not as good as GH Hong Kong or PH Beijing. They just didn't have the vast selection those other two hotels did. Turn down service was very efficient - always bringing us more than enough water for the three of us.

We were able to get a late checkout of 4pm which we did take advantage of. Very much appreciated! Seems the only time lately I can get a late checkout is when my flight is at 9am.

If you want to see the Last Supper and are able to plan for it, you can get tickets 3 months ahead of time online for $10-12 each. I don't remember exactly, but it was pretty inexpensive if you can get them as soon as they go on sale.

I loved this hotel... classy, welcoming.. would definitely return.
Old Aug 31, 2018, 10:38 am
skj

Programs: UA 2MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Travellingwithbaby
If you want to see the Last Supper and are able to plan for it, you can get tickets 3 months ahead of time online for $10-12 each. I don't remember exactly, but it was pretty inexpensive if you can get them as soon as they go on sale.
The site is: https://cenacolovinciano.vivaticket.it/ and it shows when tickets go on sale. October & November went on sale in July and the on-sale date for December hasn't been announced yet. When we went to Milan this past January, I tried to buy tickets at about 5am my time, or noon CET, the first date they were available, and tickets for the days we could go were sold out. While we paid a bit more, we were quite happy with the tour arranged through the concierge.
Old Oct 14, 2018, 7:03 pm

Anyone have experience with free parking while redeeming awards as Globalist?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.