Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Park Hyatt Milan REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Park Hyatt Milan REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Oct 28, 2018, 10:03 pm

Planning on staying here at the PH Milan in August 2019 in the 30k points/night king room. I only have Discoverist status from the Hyatt credit card so I'm not expecting to receive any notable room upgrade upon arrival. I read a reply on this thread that you can see the Duomo if you have a Terrace suite. Are there any specific king room locations that I should try to request before arrival? Whether it be a view or slightly larger corner room, any tips would be greatly appreciated.
Old Oct 29, 2018, 8:00 am

Programs: AS Million Miler/Marriott Lifetime Titanium/ IGH Ambassador
Originally Posted by Keyser.Soze
Planning on staying here at the PH Milan in August 2019 in the 30k points/night king room. I only have Discoverist status from the Hyatt credit card so I'm not expecting to receive any notable room upgrade upon arrival. I read a reply on this thread that you can see the Duomo if you have a Terrace suite. Are there any specific king room locations that I should try to request before arrival? Whether it be a view or slightly larger corner room, any tips would be greatly appreciated.
August is a high travel month having said that this hotel has in the past been fairly good to Hyatt travelers. AT checkin ask nicely. Duomo is a very short walk
Old Oct 29, 2018, 8:37 am

Originally Posted by yerffej201
Anyone have experience with free parking while redeeming awards as Globalist?
Free parking is a guaranteed benefit.
Old Oct 30, 2018, 12:45 pm

Originally Posted by skj
The site is: https://cenacolovinciano.vivaticket.it/ and it shows when tickets go on sale. October & November went on sale in July and the on-sale date for December hasn't been announced yet. When we went to Milan this past January, I tried to buy tickets at about 5am my time, or noon CET, the first date they were available, and tickets for the days we could go were sold out. While we paid a bit more, we were quite happy with the tour arranged through the concierge.
Quite a late direct reply to you, but helpful for anyone looking specifically for Last Supper tickets at regular rates. Phone availability is much better than the website availability. My recommendation is to call when the tickets are scheduled to release. They will likely have your date and a multitude of different times you can choose from. You can also exceed the purchase limit of 5 tickets (I needed 6) via phone without having to do multiple orders.

We stayed in PH Milan in April 2018 for 1 night on points, as we needed some time away from traveling with extended family. No status at the time, so no upgrades. We had standard king room, with inner view of the hotel. The room did show a little wear, but service was excellent. We really liked the location and proximity to Duomo, shopping, train, etc.
Old Dec 11, 2018, 12:52 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Just did two nights for work there and it was great, definitely one of the gems in the system. You are spoiled as a Globalist and they upgraded me to a junior suite which was really spacious.

Breakfast was a high quality affair. It’s truffle season so I had to have some risotto with white truffles - also had the Milanese chop and that was tasty as well.

Definitely looking forward to my next stay.
Old Dec 11, 2018, 3:37 pm

Originally Posted by reigndrop
Just did two nights for work there and it was great, definitely one of the gems in the system. You are spoiled as a Globalist and they upgraded me to a junior suite which was really spacious.

Breakfast was a high quality affair. It’s truffle season so I had to have some risotto with white truffles - also had the Milanese chop and that was tasty as well.

Always one of our favorite as well. Lake Como is an easy drive from the hotel as well!
Old Dec 12, 2018, 9:46 am

Programs: AC75, TD AeroInfiniteP, AmexBizPLAT, SPG-G HyattGlobby
Originally Posted by edgewood49
Always one of our favorite as well. Lake Como is an easy drive from the hotel as well!
We are staying here for 5 nights in August. What is the best and funnest way for a couple to visit Lake Cuomo for the day?

TIA

LFC
Old Dec 12, 2018, 11:45 am

Originally Posted by luvFclass
We are staying here for 5 nights in August. What is the best and funnest way for a couple to visit Lake Cuomo for the day?

TIA

LFC
Rent and car and drive or take the train. We rented a car drove up and stayed at the Hotel Metropole right on the lake next to the ferry dock. The concierge at the hotel made the reservations. Great hotel and breakfast buffet as well

Highly recommend
luvFclass likes this.
Old Dec 12, 2018, 3:59 pm

Programs: SEN LH Hyatt Globalist AA EXP
Smile

Originally Posted by reigndrop

Where did you have truffle risotto and milanese? Hopefully not for breakfast!
Old Dec 12, 2018, 7:50 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by afmiami
Where did you have truffle risotto and milanese? Hopefully not for breakfast!
I certainly wished! It was at La Cupola, where breakfast was served but during dinner time
afmiami likes this.
Old Dec 13, 2018, 7:40 am

Hint, Get out of the hotel walk down about three blocks to Cafe Dante' really good local. My wife's favorite Banana Split in the world.
luvFclass likes this.
Old Jun 9, 2019, 11:31 pm

Hi - is it possible to redeem a club lounge access voucher at the PH Milan? If so, does that grant free breakfast? Or is it a total waste to redeem a voucher as there's no club?
Old Jun 10, 2019, 12:57 am
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA
Originally Posted by CX_newbie
Hi - is it possible to redeem a club lounge access voucher at the PH Milan? If so, does that grant free breakfast? Or is it a total waste to redeem a voucher as there's no club?
Trying to understand the reason for redeeming a voucher, since there is no lounge There would not be a single benefit in my view.
Old Jun 10, 2019, 1:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by CX_newbie
Total waste. Breakfast would only be at the lounge anyway.
peteropny likes this.
Old Jun 10, 2019, 2:57 am

Originally Posted by 59Impala
Trying to understand the reason for redeeming a voucher, since there is no lounge There would not be a single benefit in my view.
The convoluted thinking is as follows:

1. PH offers complimentary breakfast at La Cupola for Globalist travellers (in lieu of providing a club lounge)
2. Redemption of a club lounge voucher normally grants access to club lounge for breakfast
3. In lieu of club lounge, on redemption of a club lounge voucher, PH would provide complimentary breakfast instead

I thought I would ask here as it's probably a stretch. Seems like the answer is no in any case. So I'll save my stay at the PH for when I get Globalist instead
luvFclass likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.