Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Park Hyatt Milan REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Park Hyatt Milan REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Oct 31, 2021, 1:38 pm

Originally Posted by richarddd
"In an effort to enhance the stay of its guests, Park Hyatt Milano is undergoing a property renovation to upgrade its rooms and suites. The hotel will therefore be temporarily closed until 31 December 2021 included."
"In an effort to enhance the stay of its guests, Park Hyatt Milano is undergoing a property renovation to upgrade its rooms and suites. The hotel will therefore be temporarily closed until 9 January 2022 included."

At least the extensions are getting shorter.

Last edited by richarddd; Dec 27, 2021 at 6:59 am
Old Nov 1, 2021, 7:56 am

Programs: AS Million Miler/Marriott Lifetime Titanium/ IGH Ambassador
"In an effort to enhance the stay of its guests, Park Hyatt Milano is undergoing a property renovation to upgrade its rooms and suites. The hotel will therefore be temporarily closed until 9 January 2022 included."

I hope their renovation is better than it's sister PHV was!
TravisMT81 likes this.
Old Nov 1, 2021, 10:48 am
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA
yes, I hope the renovation is good. stayed here about 7 years ago and we thought the hotel was awful, not what we expected from a PH. Breakfast then was very good, but rooms gloomy and not appealing at all. we actually said we'll not return, but the renovation may change our mind. Milano is just 3 hours by car from our home, so would be a nice city for a weekend.
Old Dec 27, 2021, 7:00 am

In an effort to enhance the stay of its guests, Park Hyatt Milano is undergoing a property renovation to upgrade its rooms and suites. The hotel will therefore be temporarily closed until 16 January 2022 included.

Only a one week extension this time.
Old Dec 27, 2021, 7:04 am

Originally Posted by 59Impala
yes, I hope the renovation is good. stayed here about 7 years ago and we thought the hotel was awful, not what we expected from a PH. Breakfast then was very good, but rooms gloomy and not appealing at all. we actually said we'll not return, but the renovation may change our mind. Milano is just 3 hours by car from our home, so would be a nice city for a weekend.
The room was very nice for our late 2019 stay. It was not at all gloomy. We were upgraded to a massive suite, but it looked like other rooms based on web site pictures. Breakfast was great.
59Impala likes this.
Old Feb 28, 2022, 6:46 am

Park Hyatt Milan?

What is going on with the Park Hyatt Milan? Its web page is showing "In an effort to enhance the stay of its guests, Park Hyatt Milano is undergoing a property renovation to upgrade its rooms and suites. The hotel will therefore be temporarily closed until 27 February 2022 included" although it's now 28 February and it does not seem possible to book rooms (at least not for any date I've tried).
Old Feb 28, 2022, 8:14 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Ambassador/LTP, Nat'l Exec Elite, LEYE Gold
Oh weird. It's bookable but only when logged in as a Globalist, and only at the Guaranteed Availability rate of 2,000 euro per night!

I have a night booked on points in a few weeks. Haven't heard a thing...
Old Feb 28, 2022, 11:17 am

It's lost its Michelin starred restaurant. Vun by Andrea Aprea is closed and he's starting a new restaurant. Too bad, it was great.

https://www.gamberorossointernationa...seum-in-milan/
Old Feb 28, 2022, 12:18 pm

Programs: AS Million Miler/Marriott Lifetime Titanium/ IGH Ambassador
It's lost its Michelin starred restaurant. Vun by Andrea Aprea is closed and he's starting a new restaurant. Too bad, it was great.

https://www.gamberorossointernationa...seum-in-milan/

That is sad
Old Mar 6, 2022, 10:09 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Diamond
Any updates? Website still says closed through 2/27 but bookings still don’t seem available.

I have a stay in June and I’m trying to avoid having to scramble at the last minute and paying 1K+ for a room at the FS/Mandarin because this property is never actually going to re-open.
Old Mar 6, 2022, 11:20 am

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
Would appreciate an update from anyone as well - staying here in under 2 weeks. Very strange that they are accepting Globalist guaranteed reservations but nothing else. I'm not going to be too happy if I show up and they send me to the Hyatt Centric. I would assume they will reach out in advance but we are getting close.
Old Mar 6, 2022, 11:43 am

Perhaps call or email the hotel to see what they say?
edgewood49 and Warriorconcept like this.
Old Mar 7, 2022, 9:20 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Diamond
I called - hotel did a soft opening on the 28th per the website, and is expecting a full opening in May.
Old Mar 7, 2022, 9:38 am

Originally Posted by callmedtop
I called - hotel did a soft opening on the 28th per the website, and is expecting a full opening in May.
That's good news for those with reservations. I wonder what they changed in the renovation (other than losing a high-end restaurant).

I would have thought a soft opening implied some degree of public availability. From what I can tell, only globalists can reserve - a very soft opening. Another question is how much staffing they've have with such a limited number of guests.

I can't find any availability before June 1.
Old Mar 7, 2022, 9:57 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Ambassador/LTP, Nat'l Exec Elite, LEYE Gold
That's good news for those with reservations. I wonder what they changed in the renovation (other than losing a high-end restaurant).

I would have thought a soft opening implied some degree of public availability. From what I can tell, only globalists can reserve - a very soft opening. Another question is how much staffing they've have with such a limited number of guests.

I can't find any availability before June 1.
I doubt anyone is booking the 2000 euro guaranteed availability rate -- 2-3x the 4S or MO.

I imagine they were happy with the number of reservations they had and wanted to give it a whirl without adding to that.

Will be watching for reviews in the next week, hopefully the reopening is going smoothly. This will be the last night of our Euro trip before flying back on EK's A380 F to JFK.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.