Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Park Hyatt Milan REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Park Hyatt Milan REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Apr 9, 2022, 6:26 am

Programs: AA LT Plat (4m+), AF Plat, A3 Gold, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat/Ambassador
Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
Agree. Please don't get rid of my Laura Tonnato toiletries. I've had the brand elsewhere but prefer the fragrance provided at the PH Milan. I like it so much I have purchased bottles of room spray while there.
I have "purchased" lots and lots of them via my room rate ;-)

Housekeeping was always kind to replenish them!
Old Apr 9, 2022, 7:46 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Ambassador/LTP, Nat'l Exec Elite, LEYE Gold
Originally Posted by just2010just
This is an established hotel designed by Ed Tuttle. There are a LOT of returning guests who may dislike their renovation and decide to stay at somewhere else. The new reno does not look like DC at all, which is designed by Tony Chi. Park Hyatt hotels are mostly great architecture with renowned designers. I am not sure if they hire a designer this time.
I was not saying that the PH Milan looks like DC. I was saying that the poor reno (IMO) is analogous and may cause similar disappointment here to returning guests like (IMO) the room renovations did in DC.
Old Apr 9, 2022, 8:17 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by bostontraveler
I will be there soon but I highly doubt that in Milan of all places the design is going to be tacky...
Yes, bland, along with unappealing, and corporate-designed are the words that came to my mind, particularly compared to the "before" pics.
Old Apr 9, 2022, 11:02 am

Programs: UA LTG, AA LTG, Bonvoy LTP, IHG Plat, LHW Sterling
Originally Posted by platbrownguy
I was not saying that the PH Milan looks like DC. I was saying that the poor reno (IMO) is analogous and may cause similar disappointment here to returning guests like (IMO) the room renovations did in DC.
Curious if you are referring to the original Tony Chi full scale close the hotel renovation that would have been well over 10 years ago, or the "refresh" that was done a few years ago?
Old Apr 9, 2022, 11:23 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Ambassador/LTP, Nat'l Exec Elite, LEYE Gold
Originally Posted by schriste
Curious if you are referring to the original Tony Chi full scale close the hotel renovation that would have been well over 10 years ago, or the "refresh" that was done a few years ago?
It was the recarpeting of the rooms in early 2017. I was a fairly frequent guest of the hotel at the time (as much as weekly) and they asked if I would stay in a redone room, I agreed, and I thought it was unnecessary to put the carpet in and that it looked like a weird Piet Mondrian painting.

Don't get me wrong, I love the PH DC and still stay there periodically, and I think the overall design and the cherry blossom features (from the lobby to the teacups) are great. My only point in bringing up the 2017 reno was to compare my feelings about that to what I'm perceiving about others' responses to the PH Milan's reno.
Old May 16, 2022, 10:43 am

Anyone know when they are slated to finish all the room renovations? Last DP mentioned they only had the 4th floor open.
Old May 18, 2022, 1:56 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Great stay in May 2022

Booking & Check In
Booked direct on hyatt.com at 30k points/night for King, then used suite certificate via concierge to lock in a standard suite (no premium suites appeared available in the app, and so zero surprise when no additional upgrade offered). Check in was straightforward and simple, they recognized Globalist and explained the breakfast situation (room service not covered). It was efficient & pleasant, and I was walked to my room and shown basic operation.

Hotel & location
The hotel is beautiful inside and out. I realize the location isn’t perfect for everyone, but for my first time in Milan, it was a perfect central location. Next door to the main cathedral & easy access to the subway should you want to venture beyond the city center.

Room
Like the rest of the hotel, the room is well designed. It has all the things you’d expect from a PH: a large bathroom with a soaking tub, comfortable bed (especially compared to other Hyatts in Europe, which I typically find too firm), thick walls (never heard a neighbor), light/blind controls next to the bed, etc. I was also happy the A/C had no trouble keeping up with the 90+ degree days (I like it chilly in the room). The only thing I missed was having chromecast to easily stream video.

I know some folks don’t love the refurbished look, but I found it rather pleasant. I agree it didn’t have as much character as some other PH’s, but I found it more contemporary and understated, which I prefer. It’s also nice that it’s not worn down at all. Certainly not true, but I could’ve been convinced I was the first person to step foot in my room post-refurb.

Service
Breakfast in the restaurant was very good quality, though not as plentiful in terms of options as compared to other Park Hyatts. The entree items on the menu are particularly limited: rather standard omelet, pancake, and waffle options. Service was great, but I was a smidge disappointed in the limited food options as compared to PH Istanbul, Vienna, and Zurich.

Concierge was also fine, I had some questions about Covid testing which as an American I still need to re-entry. I had brought at-home rapid tests with the intent to use the virtual certify options, but iHealth seems to not be booking them anymore. I ended up at a nearby pharmacy to get a rapid test per the concierge's suggestion.

Conclusion

It’s really hard to find fault, I thoroughly enjoyed my stay here. It did lack the moments of awe from other PHs – e.g., they didn’t go above and beyond for covid testing like some other PHs I’ve experienced, it didn’t have the visual charm of the bank vault in PH Vienna or over-the-top PH NYC visuals – but overall it’s probably the most seamless and pleasant overall stay I’ve had in a PH.
Attached Images        
Old May 18, 2022, 2:00 am

Originally Posted by faroooq
Anyone know when they are slated to finish all the room renovations? Last DP mentioned they only had the 4th floor open.
I didn't ask, but I was in the elevator with people that appeared to be guests going to the 5th floor.
faroooq likes this.
Old May 18, 2022, 7:35 am

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by manu08
Booked direct on hyatt.com at 30k points/night for King, then used suite certificate via concierge to lock in a standard suite (no premium suites appeared available in the app, and so zero surprise when no additional upgrade offered).
That looks like a Jr. suite, a la PHNYC. Vienna and Zurich, the TSU eligible Park Suite is a true suite.
Old May 18, 2022, 7:36 am

Programs: AA LT Plat (4m+), AF Plat, A3 Gold, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat/Ambassador
Originally Posted by Kacee
That looks like a Jr. suite, a la PHNYC. Vienna and Zurich, the TSU eligible Park Suite is a true suite.
looks far bigger than the Junior Suite I have stayed in at the PH Milan….
Old May 18, 2022, 7:42 am

Originally Posted by bostontraveler
looks far bigger than the Junior Suite I have stayed in at the PH Milan….
I really don't care how big it is, when I travel with a partner I like a separate room so I can do late night/early morning work calls. The junior suite masquerading as a suite doesn't cut it.
Old May 18, 2022, 7:45 am

I really don't care how big it is, when I travel with a partner I like a separate room so I can do late night/early morning work calls. The junior suite masquerading as a suite doesn't cut it.
Sorry was thinking of video- yes this is a junior suite… not a real suite at all.
Kacee and manu08 like this.
Old May 18, 2022, 9:59 am

Agreed, I would have been disappointed had I been traveling with my wife (this trip was solo).
Kacee likes this.
Old May 30, 2022, 9:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Car service

Any recommended car services to/from MXP? Thx.
Old May 30, 2022, 9:19 am

Originally Posted by UA-NYC
Any recommended car services to/from MXP? Thx.
If you are going to central Milan take the Malpensa Express train and then a taxi or the metro from Cadorna station.
Private transportation including taxis are ridiculously expensive and you risk sitting in traffic forever if you arrive in the morning….so more of a hassle in my opinion….

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.