Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Park Hyatt Milan REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Park Hyatt Milan REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Apr 21, 2023, 4:36 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, UA Silver
Originally Posted by UA-NYC
Was there last summer and the hotel is fantastic and the location amazing. That being said public transit is good so if you want to save the points, the HC seems to be a nice bang for the buck option, and you can pretty quickly train in to get to the key sights.
I ended up doing both. Centric first night and then Park Hyatt second night when the point requirement dropped down to 40k. I like checking out park hyatts and likely won't be back to Milan again anytime soon.
Old Apr 21, 2023, 4:48 pm

Originally Posted by Red259
I ended up doing both. Centric first night and then Park Hyatt second night when the point requirement dropped down to 40k. I like checking out park hyatts and likely won't be back to Milan again anytime soon.
you might be tempted to be back for this ph just warning you
Old Apr 21, 2023, 4:49 pm

Programs: AA LT Plat (4m+), AF Plat, A3 Gold, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat/Ambassador
Considering a stay at PH Milan. Is it worth the 40k points for a redemption? I only have explorist status. Can only do one night there because the other night they want 80k points (granted it is for a park executive suite) but still I just can't bring myself to spending that many points on a single night. First time in Milan and I'll have to find somewhere else to stay the first day but I hear its an excellent location
For a suite, no way. And I'm not sure a basic room at 40K is fantastic either.

If you have a ton of points sure.

I lived in Milan for many years... so not sure I have an objective view of it also as an Italian, but if it were up to me I would save my points, stay at the Hyatt Centric and go for a wonderful dinner. I think you'll get a better ROI that way. Just my opinion...
Old Apr 21, 2023, 5:58 pm

Originally Posted by bostontraveler
For a suite, no way. And I'm not sure a basic room at 40K is fantastic either.

If you have a ton of points sure.

I lived in Milan for many years... so not sure I have an objective view of it also as an Italian, but if it were up to me I would save my points, stay at the Hyatt Centric and go for a wonderful dinner. I think you'll get a better ROI that way. Just my opinion...
::shrug:: I get a return rate of 2.3 cents per point with the centric which is quite good. With the Park Hyatt I get a 2.6 cent per point return rate which is excellent, Granted I would never spend $1k+ in cash on one night in a hotel but I like checking out the higher end hotels. Most of the Park Hyatts I have done are in Asia, with the exception of the one in Paris. The suite at 80k was a total non-starter though. 40k is pretty much my limit. I am now explorist level so it will be interesting to see if there is any difference in treatment from discoverist. I'm not gonna hold my breath.
Old Apr 21, 2023, 6:23 pm

For me, the problem with the points pricing of the PH Milan is not the hotel itself. Rather, it’s about the city it’s in. Compared to the rest of Italy, Milan is frankly boring and lacking in character. For instance I’d pay whatever the Gritti Palace wanted to stay there again. The Cat 8 that used to be in Positano, same thing.

For me Milan is a one day location, and completely skippable if you’re only in Italy for a week or two.
EuropeanPete likes this.
Old Apr 21, 2023, 8:12 pm

Originally Posted by Eke2k6
For me, the problem with the points pricing of the PH Milan is not the hotel itself. Rather, it’s about the city it’s in. Compared to the rest of Italy, Milan is frankly boring and lacking in character. For instance I’d pay whatever the Gritti Palace wanted to stay there again. The Cat 8 that used to be in Positano, same thing.

For me Milan is a one day location, and completely skippable if you’re only in Italy for a week or two.
Yea I am not super hyped about Milan, especially since I can't seem to get tickets for the last supper. I'm going there because I haven't been before (I lived in Florence and been all around there and have been to Venice/Rome etc), but I wanted Italian food and I wanted to take the train up into the swiss alps and to see Lucerne on the way to Germany. Maybe I will just cut my time down there to one night.
Old Apr 22, 2023, 2:19 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite

This my kind of answer. Savage. Rather unhelpful. But not wrong.
Old Apr 22, 2023, 4:03 am

Programs: AA LT Plat (4m+), AF Plat, A3 Gold, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat/Ambassador
::shrug:: I get a return rate of 2.3 cents per point with the centric which is quite good. With the Park Hyatt I get a 2.6 cent per point return rate which is excellent, Granted I would never spend $1k+ in cash on one night in a hotel but I like checking out the higher end hotels. Most of the Park Hyatts I have done are in Asia, with the exception of the one in Paris. The suite at 80k was a total non-starter though. 40k is pretty much my limit. I am now explorist level so it will be interesting to see if there is any difference in treatment from discoverist. I'm not gonna hold my breath.
I don’t think you can be that mathematical about things in life all the time.

Everyone is different but for me spending 40k for one night is a lot… but if you have the points and want to try it then just book it. You’ll enjoy it.

As a discoverist you most likely won’t get any special treatment but the service is excellent anyway.
Old Apr 22, 2023, 5:08 am

I'm a big fan of Milan. Some great architecture, churches and museums. It's not the highpoint of Italy, but well worth a visit if you have the time.
Old Apr 22, 2023, 5:40 am

Originally Posted by richarddd
I'm a big fan of Milan. Some great architecture, churches and museums. It's not the highpoint of Italy, but well worth a visit if you have the time.
Very much agree. And it's a very sophisticated place. If you have any interest in design or fashion (even looking at the quality of what is on offer) it is unbeatable.

Also the city underwent a huge transformation after the Expo. The area around Porta Nuova for example and the Bosco Verticale is new and modern but interesting. When I was younger that area was pure blight, now it's one of the priciest places in Italy for property with some amazing avant-garde architecture.

In my mind I've always drawn a parallel (way smaller dimension obviously!) to NYC or São Paulo, cities that I find not very aesthetically pleasing, have far less history of course, but where there is always another exquisite restaurant to discover, a hidden garden, a gem of a museum.

But no, it's not a museum city- it was largely destroyed in WWII- but try to see it through the lens of what it is-- Italy's economic engine and design capital par excellence.
Old Apr 22, 2023, 5:50 am

Yea I am not super hyped about Milan, especially since I can't seem to get tickets for the last supper. I'm going there because I haven't been before (I lived in Florence and been all around there and have been to Venice/Rome etc), but I wanted Italian food and I wanted to take the train up into the swiss alps and to see Lucerne on the way to Germany. Maybe I will just cut my time down there to one night.
Yeah, it's hard to get tickets to the Cenacolo (last supper)... the tour operators hog a lot of the tickets but if you head over to Trip Advisor you'll find a ton of them offering tours there... and you skip the line...

If not go for a walk through the Duomo (the rooftop is really impressive) the Galleria, down to the Castello Sforzesco... some of the gardens.... everything is relatively close so plenty to fill up a day!
Old Apr 22, 2023, 10:30 am

Originally Posted by bostontraveler
I don’t think you can be that mathematical about things in life all the time.

Everyone is different but for me spending 40k for one night is a lot… but if you have the points and want to try it then just book it. You’ll enjoy it.

As a discoverist you most likely won’t get any special treatment but the service is excellent anyway.

I am an explorist. Not that I think even that will make a huge difference.
Old Apr 22, 2023, 10:35 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
Originally Posted by richarddd
+1. Great food too.
Old Apr 24, 2023, 2:04 am
skj

Programs: UA 2MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold
Yea I am not super hyped about Milan, especially since I can't seem to get tickets for the last supper.
We were unable to get tickets in advance, but the concierge set us up on a tour that included the Duomo, La Scala opera house, the Last Supper, and more for the day after we arrived. I don't recall the exact price but, surprisingly, it seemed very reasonable compared to prices shown elsewhere.
Old Apr 28, 2023, 5:13 pm

Originally Posted by skj
We were unable to get tickets in advance, but the concierge set us up on a tour that included the Duomo, La Scala opera house, the Last Supper, and more for the day after we arrived. I don't recall the exact price but, surprisingly, it seemed very reasonable compared to prices shown elsewhere.
Maybe I will contact them in advance and see?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.