Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Park Hyatt Milan REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Park Hyatt Milan REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Jun 6, 2022, 7:23 pm
Hyatt 5+ Badge

Programs: AA EXP; Hyatt Globalist; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Gold
The hotel has a new fine dining restaurant, Pellico 3 Milano, as of May. Has anybody been? If so, what's the verdict? And can the bill be charged to the room?
Old Jun 6, 2022, 7:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Checked out today actually but did not notice it or aware of it

Positive impressions overall...as one who never stayed pre-reno, I get the design may be a bit different/less classical, but I also think it fits the Milan design vibe quite well
Old Jun 20, 2022, 5:35 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hyatt Globalist, MLife/Cosmo Identity Gold, Other Vegas too...
Almost too embarrassed to post here, but posting under Hyatt Newbie didn't make sense. How about Park Hyatt Newbie. I've read the new main reviews above since the hotel more or less re-opened, and finally some some Googling, and wondering why in my panicked March 18th category change day or whatever day it was, I chose to use my category 1-7 certificate here. I love Italy... never been to Milan... but the reviews are underwhelming, and it seems the hotel has no suites on my check in day, this Thursday. How can I make the most of my most expensive and yet "Free" hotel night ever? No pool, no club lounge, I'll have just arrived from Israel, solo, so no romance about it... other than to check in as early as possible, check out at 4 the next day... what makes this room $1300 a night? The staff? Location? Will I be able to use any spa facilities at least without a 90 dollar pedicure lol? Or is it not even that kind of spa? Want to ask my dumb questions now so I don't have to ask them there, typically stay in 70-190 dollar Hyatts lol. Don't want to not fit in, but also want to fully absorb all I can in a one night stay. Even in cheap Hyatts, I find I learn something I wish I knew maybe 3-4 days into being there... I crashed the old roommates Andaz Liverpool St London and BOUGHT a coke before walking in because I didn't realize they were included in his mini bar as well as the half-lounge lobby whatever, gratis. Speaking of, the hotel mentions an Airport Limo pickup, is that part of the room charges or is that just something they'll arrange and will cost a fortune? I've learned so many metro systems and airports these last 6 weeks, soemthing direct and easy and lazy sounds great right about now.

Flip question, should I cancel if I still can and go to a SLH Italy property instead with the cert? I guess I would have preferred a wow hotel in interior design or pool or otherwise.. .sounds like I missed the mark. Oops. I considered changing it to the American Hotel here in Jerusalem instead but I popped my head in there today and didn't see anything epic either.

Shamefully and yet shamelessly,
-DJ
lautaro likes this.
Old Jun 20, 2022, 11:42 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Ambassador/LTP, Nat'l Exec Elite, LEYE Gold
Originally Posted by Carolina2Cali
Almost too embarrassed to post here, but posting under Hyatt Newbie didn't make sense. How about Park Hyatt Newbie. I've read the new main reviews above since the hotel more or less re-opened, and finally some some Googling, and wondering why in my panicked March 18th category change day or whatever day it was, I chose to use my category 1-7 certificate here. I love Italy... never been to Milan... but the reviews are underwhelming, and it seems the hotel has no suites on my check in day, this Thursday. How can I make the most of my most expensive and yet "Free" hotel night ever? No pool, no club lounge, I'll have just arrived from Israel, solo, so no romance about it... other than to check in as early as possible, check out at 4 the next day... what makes this room $1300 a night? The staff? Location? Will I be able to use any spa facilities at least without a 90 dollar pedicure lol? Or is it not even that kind of spa? Want to ask my dumb questions now so I don't have to ask them there, typically stay in 70-190 dollar Hyatts lol. Don't want to not fit in, but also want to fully absorb all I can in a one night stay. Even in cheap Hyatts, I find I learn something I wish I knew maybe 3-4 days into being there... I crashed the old roommates Andaz Liverpool St London and BOUGHT a coke before walking in because I didn't realize they were included in his mini bar as well as the half-lounge lobby whatever, gratis. Speaking of, the hotel mentions an Airport Limo pickup, is that part of the room charges or is that just something they'll arrange and will cost a fortune? I've learned so many metro systems and airports these last 6 weeks, soemthing direct and easy and lazy sounds great right about now.

Flip question, should I cancel if I still can and go to a SLH Italy property instead with the cert? I guess I would have preferred a wow hotel in interior design or pool or otherwise.. .sounds like I missed the mark. Oops. I considered changing it to the American Hotel here in Jerusalem instead but I popped my head in there today and didn't see anything epic either.

Shamefully and yet shamelessly,
-DJ
Just stay at the PH Milan. Hotel car will cost you money, probably nothing crazy though (maybe 100-150 euro would be my guess, yes more than public transport but worth it IMO for the arrival). Take the train (one transfer required) if you're feeling thrifty.

The hotel is perfectly pleasant and very well located if you only have one night in Milan. Go to the rooftop at the Duomo, enjoy the view, then hit the whirlpool at the spa. No fancy manicure required but why not treat yourself anyhow.
Old Jun 21, 2022, 5:32 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by platbrownguy
Just stay at the PH Milan. Hotel car will cost you money, probably nothing crazy though (maybe 100-150 euro would be my guess, yes more than public transport but worth it IMO for the arrival). Take the train (one transfer required) if you're feeling thrifty.

The hotel is perfectly pleasant and very well located if you only have one night in Milan. Go to the rooftop at the Duomo, enjoy the view, then hit the whirlpool at the spa. No fancy manicure required but why not treat yourself anyhow.
And the PH Milan is right next to the Vittorio Emanuele II Gallery, Italy's oldest active shopping gallery and a major landmark of Milan, Italy. Great people watching and situated right next to the Duomo. Explore and enjoy aperitvo!
madmanshoney likes this.
Old Jun 21, 2022, 10:13 am
Hyatt 5+ Badge

Originally Posted by PortlySpartacus
And the PH Milan is right next to the Vittorio Emanuele II Gallery, Italy's oldest active shopping gallery and a major landmark of Milan, Italy. Great people watching and situated right next to the Duomo. Explore and enjoy aperitvo!
And the food & beverage is all exceptional. You’ll enjoy yourself.
Old Jun 21, 2022, 11:44 am

Programs: UA LTG, AA LTG, Bonvoy LTP, IHG Plat, LHW Sterling
Originally Posted by Carolina2Cali
... what makes this room $1300 a night? -DJ
Nothing really other than tight supply during your stay. Cost is about 1/2 for a random Thursday in October.

Note that the photos shown on the Hyatt website are of the original pre-renovation room style. The hotel is an historic building that was converted into a hotel so rooms vary greatly in shape and size. If the room they first give you does not appeal to you for whatever reason, do not be shy about asking for a different room. During my stay I voluntarily downgraded my room because it just felt better than what I was assigned (room with no entry area and small, small window).

La Scala is a short walk... Teatro alla Scala

Last edited by schriste; Jun 21, 2022 at 11:55 am
Old Jun 21, 2022, 1:06 pm

Originally Posted by hp12c
And the food & beverage is all exceptional. You’ll enjoy yourself.
How's the new restaurant? VUN Andrea Aprea was great, but alas is no more.
Old Jun 21, 2022, 4:41 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Ambassador/LTP, Nat'l Exec Elite, LEYE Gold
Originally Posted by richarddd
I only dined in the lobby but even that was excellent. Best club sandwich ever. Top 5 sandwich, period, ever. Everything from bread to meat to egg to sauce to bacon was just perfect, a symphony.

Other dishes were good too but I really just want another club sandwich.
Old Jun 21, 2022, 4:43 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hyatt Globalist, MLife/Cosmo Identity Gold, Other Vegas too...
I only dined in the lobby but even that was excellent. Best club sandwich ever. Top 5 sandwich, period, ever. Everything from bread to meat to egg to sauce to bacon was just perfect, a symphony.

I could mail you one, it'll surely be cheaper than that manicure!
platbrownguy likes this.
Old Jun 21, 2022, 5:48 pm
Hyatt 5+ Badge

Haven’t been and haven’t been able to find any reviews. I had a reservation for mid-July but just canceled last night as I’ll be staying in Umbria an extra night instead. Was excited to check out both the renovation and the new restaurant, but will have to put it off until next time.
Old Jun 21, 2022, 6:20 pm

Programs: AA LT Plat (4m+), AF Plat, A3 Gold, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat/Ambassador

I lived in Milan for many, many years and go back very often as my family is from there.

I agree- stay at the PH Milan. It really is a wonderful experience and you cannot possibly beat the location.

Part of the wonderful experience of Italy is food! You can walk to Savini and have an espresso and a delicious pastry... head to Peck for a feast of the eyes, the Duomo is right there... you can go to a jacuzzi anywhere!

if you are landing at LIN just take a taxi. Taking the #73 bus is kind of a pain and a haven for pickpockets so be careful if you do that.

If you are landing at MXP my recommendation is to take the Malpensa Express to Cadorna Station-- €15 and it takes 30 minutes... and then take a taxi (~€10)

€100-€150 is obscene for transportation and not to rehash the hotel car discussion... I think it's a total ripoff...

But cost issues aside, the problem with taking any kind of taxi to/from MXP is that you can run into huge traffic jams on the road to/from Milan and/or in the city. It's completely unpredictable.
Old Jun 21, 2022, 6:24 pm

Programs: AA LT Plat (4m+), AF Plat, A3 Gold, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat/Ambassador
VUN was fantastic. Unfortunately the new menu is very heavy on fish which isn't my thing.

That said, I'm sure it will be excellent. I would be shocked if it werent.

Quite frankly there are so many wonderful restaurants in Milan... it's ok to go elsewhere.
Old Jun 22, 2022, 12:38 am

They did an excellent breakfast when we were there.

Originally Posted by hp12c
Haven’t been and haven’t been able to find any reviews. I had a reservation for mid-July but just canceled last night as I’ll be staying in Umbria an extra night instead. Was excited to check out both the renovation and the new restaurant, but will have to put it off until next time.
The absence of reviews at this point is a bit odd.

Originally Posted by bostontraveler
VUN was fantastic. Unfortunately the new menu is very heavy on fish which isn't my thing.

That said, I'm sure it will be excellent. I would be shocked if it werent.

Quite frankly there are so many wonderful restaurants in Milan... it's ok to go elsewhere.
VUN was a worthy destination, even with all of the wonderful restaurants in Milan. Based on the new menu, the new restaurant is not a place I'd go out of my way for a meal, but it would be interesting to hear from others.
Old Jun 22, 2022, 4:38 pm

Programs: World of Hyatt Globalist
Why do dinner at a hotel!? Go to the really good spots, like Salumaio di Montenapoleone, or the likes. Highly recommend!
bostontraveler likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.