Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Park Hyatt Milan REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Park Hyatt Milan REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Apr 5, 2022, 6:20 am
Hyatt 10+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by EuropeanPete
I recognise some of the design elements from the Park Hyatt Bangkok (which I largely judge as a missed opportunity on the design side). Both the sofa and the bathtub look almost identical. I really hope this is not the new Park Hyatt brand standard.
Which we checked out of after one night and never returned. It had style, but no substance. This property doesn’t even have style.
EuropeanPete likes this.
Old Apr 5, 2022, 7:31 am
Hyatt 5+ Badge

Programs: AA EXP; Hyatt Globalist; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Gold
The funny part is that the pre-renovation finishes were actually BACK in style. The renovation (while poorly executed), is now on its way out of style.

They’re a day late and dollar short.
Old Apr 5, 2022, 8:24 am

Programs: AS Million Miler/Marriott Lifetime Titanium/ IGH Ambassador
Originally Posted by clublevel15
Prestige Suite after 2 years of renovation:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GwA9N4F_i9k

Booked a free night, received this great upgrade. But the new style is not mine....
Horrible looks like a cheap Marriott renovation in the US. I hate those floors.
Old Apr 5, 2022, 8:42 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by EuropeanPete
I recognise some of the design elements from the Park Hyatt Bangkok (which I largely judge as a missed opportunity on the design side). Both the sofa and the bathtub look almost identical. I really hope this is not the new Park Hyatt brand standard.
It also echoes the new build HRs. Not befitting a PH IMO.
Old Apr 6, 2022, 7:11 pm

Booked a free night, received this great upgrade. But the new style is not mine....
i just cancelled my stay in October based on this video. I was going to stop in Milan on my way from Venice to Florence, just for this hotel. But it looks like I’ll pocket my points instead.
clublevel15 likes this.
Old Apr 6, 2022, 7:39 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
This hotel is in Milan Italy right? What I see in the renovation is a cool, contemporary chic style. I like it and would not hesitate to book a stay here. It's been over 4 years since I last stayed here and I would love to check out the new room renovations. There is nothing in the video, to me, that says HR. I want to visit again!
Old Apr 8, 2022, 10:08 am

Programs: UA LTG, AA LTG, Bonvoy LTP, IHG Plat, LHW Sterling
This is what the pre-renovation Prestige Suite category looked like:

Prestige Suite | Park Hyatt Milan (at time of post this link still shows the old design)

Old Apr 8, 2022, 3:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Lifetime Diamond, CX Gold, Mrs. Pickles travels for free

Did they at least keep the Laura Tonatto stuff?
Old Apr 8, 2022, 6:10 pm
Hyatt 5+ Badge

Programs: AA EXP; Hyatt Globalist; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by schriste
This is what the pre-renovation Prestige Suite category looked like:

Prestige Suite | Park Hyatt Milan (at time of post this link still shows the old design)

SO much classier! Did they really drywall over all that travertine?
clublevel15 likes this.
Old Apr 8, 2022, 8:58 pm

I do not even understand why they decided they need renovation to begin with.
They should have followed Tokyo and just replace the TV and use Toto Toilet.
EuropeanPete, Kacee and hp12c like this.
Old Apr 8, 2022, 11:17 pm

I wonder if there's any possibility that the in-person experience differs greatly from still images and video. Platbrownguy seemed to have a favorable opinion but it was also a first visit. Otherwise it's a shame that they went through all that work and expense just to transition to an inferior product
hp12c likes this.
Old Apr 8, 2022, 11:44 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Ambassador/LTP, Nat'l Exec Elite, LEYE Gold
Originally Posted by freckles123
I wonder if there's any possibility that the in-person experience differs greatly from still images and video. Platbrownguy seemed to have a favorable opinion but it was also a first visit. Otherwise it's a shame that they went through all that work and expense just to transition to an inferior product
Honestly it's really interesting. When I saw the video of the prestige suite, I actually had the same reaction, I was like "ugh that's so bland" and "it reminds me of the Hyatt Regency in Puerto Rico."

But I really enjoyed the stay (as a points stay) and the decor was fine for us.

I think a lot of the negative is simply the negative attending a likely unnecessary reno. I think it's a lot like the PH DC. I have said it before, but I think the room decor looks like a bad Piet Mondrian painting and I can't imagine why they thought it was an improvement. But a first time guest wouldn't know anything about that and would probably be pretty jazzed by the bathroom, bed, bar area, food, and so forth.
Old Apr 9, 2022, 2:25 am

Originally Posted by platbrownguy
Honestly it's really interesting. When I saw the video of the prestige suite, I actually had the same reaction, I was like "ugh that's so bland" and "it reminds me of the Hyatt Regency in Puerto Rico."

But I really enjoyed the stay (as a points stay) and the decor was fine for us.

I think a lot of the negative is simply the negative attending a likely unnecessary reno. I think it's a lot like the PH DC. I have said it before, but I think the room decor looks like a bad Piet Mondrian painting and I can't imagine why they thought it was an improvement. But a first time guest wouldn't know anything about that and would probably be pretty jazzed by the bathroom, bed, bar area, food, and so forth.
This is an established hotel designed by Ed Tuttle. There are a LOT of returning guests who may dislike their renovation and decide to stay at somewhere else. The new reno does not look like DC at all, which is designed by Tony Chi. Park Hyatt hotels are mostly great architecture with renowned designers. I am not sure if they hire a designer this time.
EuropeanPete likes this.
Old Apr 9, 2022, 6:22 am

Programs: AA LT Plat (4m+), AF Plat, A3 Gold, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat/Ambassador
Originally Posted by just2010just
I do not even understand why they decided they need renovation to begin with.
They should have followed Tokyo and just replace the TV and use Toto Toilet.
They needed to renovate the floors and the bathroom fixtures which were old in my opinion and showing signs of wear and tear.
Old Apr 9, 2022, 6:24 am

Programs: AA LT Plat (4m+), AF Plat, A3 Gold, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat/Ambassador
I will be there soon but I highly doubt that in Milan of all places the design is going to be tacky...
I saw the video and it seemed more bland than tacky. And those chairs seem to be the epitome of uncomfortable.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.