Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Park Hyatt Milan REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Park Hyatt Milan REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Jul 20, 2014, 1:27 pm

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador
Thank you RTW1 & price123^

Originally Posted by price123
Cold buffet plus hot dish off the menu. I recommend the lobster and caviar omelette.

We stayed last month - generally a great stay, but there are a few places where need for renovation is clearer.

Our review (with lots of photos) is here. We also met with the gracious GM, Gorka Bergareche.
Old Jul 20, 2014, 3:23 pm

Programs: AS Million Miler/Marriott Lifetime Titanium/ IGH Ambassador
Originally Posted by whitywhitytw
Thank you RTW1 & price123^
I think that both PH's Paris & Milan are in need of a refresh.
Old Aug 23, 2014, 3:11 pm

Programs: AA,DL
Originally Posted by footastic
They seem very generous with the breakfast. My wife didn't like some eggs in room service and we requested just some regular eggs instead. They insisted we ordered several more things all complementary. Ate like kings! The days we were here

Also received a nice corner king upgrade (booked on points) room as huge! Let us check in at 10AM on arrival. We were super pleased with the service and hospitality here
You were fortunate to have been allowed to check in at 10 am. We arrived shortly after noon, and our room was not available --not surprising, but I had mentioned we would like to request early arrival in my reservation. No offer of ' have a cocktail or lunch while you wait'. We handed over our bags, as we had reservations to see The Last Supper and prepared to leave to look for lunch. The staff member who checked us in suddenly 'had an idea' for us, and took us up to our room. She showed us to a small Queen, I guess ( one side of the bed was so close to the wall you barely had enough space to stand). It was obviously only designed for one guest( one robe,etc) I should have refused, but was too tired, and by then, too pressed for time in order to meet our reservation for LS. Upon checkout the following morning, when the desk agent (not the same one who checked us in) failed to ask how our stay was, or the usual small pleasantly, I inquired what category our room was, to be informed it was a Park room ( aren't they all at least that?) I mentioned we were had been expecting at least what we had reserved months in advance, but there was no "I'm sorry we couldn't fulfill your reservation request" -- at that point, there was of course no point in mentioning that as a Diamond, we had been hoping we might get an upgrade -- but instead got a downgrade.....

FYI if you have reservations in the short term, both the bar and restaurant are closed for renovation right now.
Old Aug 23, 2014, 3:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by lauterbrunnen
....She showed us to a small Queen, I guess ( one side of the bed was so close to the wall you barely had enough space to stand). It was obviously only designed for one guest( one robe,etc).......to be informed it was a Park room ( aren't they all at least that?)...at that point, there was of course no point in mentioning that as a Diamond, we had been hoping we might get an upgrade -- but instead got a downgrade......
I believe the Park Rooms at PH Milan are just like that, very small. You didn't get a downgrade, you just didn't get an upgrade. IMHO, PH Milan is pretty good at upgrading Diamonds. It is just that they can be pretty busy and actually sold out at times. Did you reserve a higher category room than Park Room?
Old Aug 24, 2014, 6:16 am

Originally Posted by TerryK
I believe the Park Rooms at PH Milan are just like that, very small. You didn't get a downgrade, you just didn't get an upgrade. IMHO, PH Milan is pretty good at upgrading Diamonds. It is just that they can be pretty busy and actually sold out at times. Did you reserve a higher category room than Park Room?
I would have to go back and look; I do recall checking before we arrived that we had reserved a king there, and not a queen. In light of the tight space, I guess it is to be expected, but there was only the one desk chair in the room, so if we both wanted to sit, one person was on the bed.
Old Aug 24, 2014, 8:00 am

I would have to go back and look; I do recall checking before we arrived that we had reserved a king there, and not a queen. In light of the tight space, I guess it is to be expected, but there was only the one desk chair in the room, so if we both wanted to sit, one person was on the bed.
Take turns it's Europe !
Old Aug 24, 2014, 4:02 pm

Originally Posted by TerryK
We reserved a Park King (409 sq ft, according to my reservation)
We got a Park Queen ( 377 sq ft, and according to the Hyatt web pages: Maximum guests per room: 1)

In my estimation, that constitutes a downgrade. Hyatt appears to view them differently as well, as the King room is marginally higher rate than the Queen.

At least we were only there one night; just felt a tad cramped, and I would have come away with a better impression if we had received the room type -king- we had reserved.
Old Aug 24, 2014, 5:38 pm
Hyatt 10+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
We reserved a Park King (409 sq ft, according to my reservation)
We got a Park Queen ( 377 sq ft, and according to the Hyatt web pages: Maximum guests per room: 1)

In my estimation, that constitutes a downgrade. Hyatt appears to view them differently as well, as the King room is marginally higher rate than the Queen.

At least we were only there one night; just felt a tad cramped, and I would have come away with a better impression if we had received the room type -king- we had reserved.
You wanted to check in earlier than the stated check in time. Front desk found you a room you could have immediately. You expect a drink, lunch or a free guaranteed early arrival.

If you didn't like the room you should not have accepted it and asked them to hold your luggage until check in time.

In future: If you want guaranteed early arrival, then prebook the night before.
Old Aug 24, 2014, 5:48 pm

Originally Posted by m0hamed
You wanted to check in earlier than the stated check in time. Front desk found you a room you could have immediately. You expect a drink, lunch or a free guaranteed early arrival.

If you didn't like the room you should not have accepted it and asked them to hold your luggage until check in time.

Indeed that is the best way, especially when arriving in early morning red eye's from Africa and Asia. Nothing worst than waiting in stale clothes from a smelly long haul !
Old Aug 24, 2014, 8:03 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond

A little harsh, don't you think? We are frequently allowed an early check-in without the expectation of a smaller room without being told by front desk. I know that I would not know to ask whether an earlier check-in would mean a smaller room unless specifically told.

Many Diamond members are disappointed when they don't get an upgrade. Why would you be surprised when someone is disappointed that they felt downgraded?
Old Aug 24, 2014, 8:58 pm
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeHyatt 10+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by thucanhho
A little harsh, don't you think? We are frequently allowed an early check-in without the expectation of a smaller room without being told by front desk. I know that I would not know to ask whether an earlier check-in would mean a smaller room unless specifically told.

Many Diamond members are disappointed when they don't get an upgrade. Why would you be surprised when someone is disappointed that they felt downgraded?
The poster states that when the room wasn't ready, before check in time, he wasn't offered a free lunch or a drink. To me it reads like wanting a whole lot for nothing.

Early check in is only every guaranteed when you pay. Perhaps it takes an incident like this to make one realise it's worth the investment.
Old Aug 25, 2014, 2:11 am

Originally Posted by thucanhho

You are correct, we were not told that the room we were offered was going to be a smaller room than we booked. If we had wanted a smaller room, I would have booked that originally! I would have gladly waited, had I been informed, for our reserved room type, especially as we were out of the hotel all afternoon.
Old Aug 25, 2014, 7:13 am

You are correct, we were not told that the room we were offered was going to be a smaller room than we booked. If we had wanted a smaller room, I would have booked that originally! I would have gladly waited, had I been informed, for our reserved room type, especially as we were out of the hotel all afternoon.
Booked with points or pay ?
Old Aug 25, 2014, 10:03 am

You have made erroneous assumptions. It would have been nice to check in early, but as stated in my original post, I was NOT surprised a room was not yet available. I did NOT ask for a free drink , lunch or any compensation, as none was due me. It would perhaps have been a thoughtful gesture on the part of the hotel to offer us some small refreshment, as other Hyatt properties have been forthcoming with in the past. Hyatt has always been very customer-centric in our experience, and the epitome of gracious hospitality. Had I been informed while still at the front desk that the room being offered was going to be smaller than the room category I had reserved months in advance, as I stated in my original post, I would have declined it. As I previously mentioned, we HAD handed over our bags to be held until our return later in the day.

There are many choices in the HOSPITALITY industry. Hyatt is always very hospitable to their customers, that's why we choose to stay with them.

I hardly think anyone staying at any Park Hyatt is expecting 'a whole lot for nothing' , but maybe you do.
Old Aug 25, 2014, 10:45 am

You have made erroneous assumptions. It would have been nice to check in early, but as stated in my original post, I was NOT surprised a room was not yet available. I did NOT ask for a free drink , lunch or any compensation, as none was due me. It would perhaps have been a thoughtful gesture on the part of the hotel to offer us some small refreshment, as other Hyatt properties have been forthcoming with in the past. Hyatt has always been very customer-centric in our experience, and the epitome of gracious hospitality. Had I been informed while still at the front desk that the room being offered was going to be smaller than the room category I had reserved months in advance, as I stated in my original post, I would have declined it. As I previously mentioned, we HAD handed over our bags to be held until our return later in the day.

There are many choices in the HOSPITALITY industry. Hyatt is always very hospitable to their customers, that's why we choose to stay with them.

I hardly think anyone staying at any Park Hyatt is expecting 'a whole lot for nothing' , but maybe you do.
and I agree were you paying or on points ?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.