Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Park Hyatt Milan REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Park Hyatt Milan REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Aug 25, 2014, 1:28 pm

Programs: AA,DL
Originally Posted by edgewood49
and I agree were you paying or on points ?
This one night stay was booked with points.

And we were sorry to run out of time to try your enthusiastically recommended Cafe Dante!
Old Aug 25, 2014, 3:56 pm
Hyatt 10+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by lauterbrunnen
No offer of ' have a cocktail or lunch while you wait'.
Originally Posted by lauterbrunnen
I hardly think anyone staying at any Park Hyatt is expecting 'a whole lot for nothing' , but maybe you do.
Ummm, no. These are your words.

Frankly, the Park Hyatts I frequent the most treat me very, very well but I don't make unreasonable demands.

Regardless, we always pay for early arrival by pre booking the night before whether it's a Hyatt Regency or a Park Hyatt because that's the only guaranteed method to receive it.
Old Sep 1, 2014, 5:25 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, AGR SE, SPG Platinum, HH Gold, MR Gold
I'm normally a SPG guy but stayed couple nights here thanks to Chase Sapphire points. Great experience. Good location. Room service went above and beyond (complicated story but they basically had to make what I ordered twice). And if you stay here on your birthday they'll take extra care of you
Old Sep 2, 2014, 8:01 am

Programs: AS Million Miler/Marriott Lifetime Titanium/ IGH Ambassador
Originally Posted by m0hamed
Ummm, no. These are your words.

Frankly, the Park Hyatts I frequent the most treat me very, very well but I don't make unreasonable demands.

Regardless, we always pay for early arrival by pre booking the night before whether it's a Hyatt Regency or a Park Hyatt because that's the only guaranteed method to receive it.
I agree with you. Oh too often I am checking in and see/hear someone trying to get "something for nothing" almost demanding an up grade.

Have said it before there is too much entitlement just because one has a branded credit card or they stay a few times and have some form of status.

For me I smile greet them in whatever is appropriate for the country I am in and stay pleasant as possible. Only "inquiring" if I have an issue. They are trained on how to treat various elite levels.
Old Sep 6, 2014, 9:41 am

Programs: Trans Global Airlines Frequent Stowaway
Does anyone know if the PH Milan is pulling a PH New York? I see no award space available for any day next summer due to them not selling the Park King rooms that count as lowest category. For each day I look the lowest available is a Park Deluxe King, which of course doesn't count for award space.

Is this a regular occurrence? Should I keep checking back or make other plans for next summer?

Thanks guys
Old Sep 6, 2014, 9:52 am

Programs: AA EP/4MM, DL GM/1MM, HH ♦, Bonvoy LT PLT, Hyatt Globalist, AMEX Bus Plt
Originally Posted by RuthlesslyAbsurd
Does anyone know if the PH Milan is pulling a PH New York? I see no award space available for any day next summer...
Not just next summer. I have been checking since early May for next May and nothing. Finally called a couple weeks back and was told suite award space was available and cash+points but no standard awards.
Old Sep 6, 2014, 1:14 pm

Programs: Trans Global Airlines Frequent Stowaway
Originally Posted by texmanufan
Not just next summer. I have been checking since early May for next May and nothing. Finally called a couple weeks back and was told suite award space was available and cash+points but no standard awards.
Crap. Maybe I should plan on something else. Really annoying though. Looks like a swell hotel
Old Sep 8, 2014, 3:47 pm

Programs: AA Platinum, UA Gold, Alaska MVP Gold, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, CC Gld, Marriott Gld
Just booked a C&P+DSU reservation for 3 nights in October. (Worked well with the sub $500 emirates fares JFK-MXP going on right now.) Any input on using a DSU at this property? Is there a reasonable probability that I will receive a further upgrade, as there appear to be many higher categories of suites? If not, I may switch this to a regular booking as the Park King is available and my Diamond Status would likely get me some type of upgrade regardless.

I do not enjoy burning a DSU on a junior suite when there are so many PHs that will go above and beyond their base suites or that do not have a junior suite room type at all.
Old Sep 8, 2014, 5:45 pm

Originally Posted by Jrap33
Just booked a C&P+DSU reservation for 3 nights in October. (Worked well with the sub $500 emirates fares JFK-MXP going on right now.) Any input on using a DSU at this property? Is there a reasonable probability that I will receive a further upgrade, as there appear to be many higher categories of suites? If not, I may switch this to a regular booking as the Park King is available and my Diamond Status would likely get me some type of upgrade regardless.

I do not enjoy burning a DSU on a junior suite when there are so many PHs that will go above and beyond their base suites or that do not have a junior suite room type at all.
you know it's all about the day you check in and whatever the occupancy is at that time. This particular PH I have not really had much in upgrade on points as a Diamond. But then We were happy with the room and the Diamond benefits ie. breakfast is a great starter in the morning.

Best bet is through the Diamond Desk or if you have the PC program'
Old Sep 19, 2014, 6:56 am

What is the cost of breakfast at the PHM?

Thank you.
Old Sep 19, 2014, 2:21 pm

Programs: Hyatt Giraffe
Originally Posted by pinkdog
What is the cost of breakfast at the PHM?

Thank you.
About 50 Euros.
Old Sep 20, 2014, 7:56 am

Originally Posted by sam_goh
About 50 Euros.
On par with the PHV
Old Oct 21, 2014, 9:51 am

Programs: UA Silver; Marriott Gold; Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by texmanufan
I don't know if this helps anybody, but I made a points reservation about an hour ago for a one-night stay tomorrow. Just tossing out a data point that last-minute off-season stays are definitely in play at times. I'm looking forward to staying here despite some of the critical reviews in this thread. Last year, I stayed at Townhouse 8 in the same building and am curious how the properties compare.
Old Oct 21, 2014, 9:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by abitlost
I don't know if this helps anybody, but I made a points reservation about an hour ago for a one-night stay tomorrow. Just tossing out a data point that last-minute off-season stays are definitely in play at times. I'm looking forward to staying here despite some of the critical reviews in this thread. Last year, I stayed at Townhouse 8 in the same building and am curious how the properties compare.
Now is the very peak season in Milano- this being said- always worthwhile to check for last minute openings- and it is great value to be able to stay in this area of Milano on points. Congratulations!
Old Oct 21, 2014, 10:21 am

Programs: UA Silver; Marriott Gold; Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by TRAVELSIG
Now is the very peak season in Milano- this being said- always worthwhile to check for last minute openings- and it is great value to be able to stay in this area of Milano on points. Congratulations!
Sorry for my mis-statement and thanks for the correction. I genuinely don't know seasonality for Milan (aside from furniture and fashion weeks are more expensive) and ought not have presumed that.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.