Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Park Hyatt Milan REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Park Hyatt Milan REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Oct 17, 2015, 7:23 am

Programs: AS Million Miler/Marriott Lifetime Titanium/ IGH Ambassador
Originally Posted by thucanhho
Just booked British Airway business class for 4 to stay here next summer ($850 a person with current promo and stacking discounts.) Excited since both soft and hard product similar to PHV.

I read almost all the posts and was amused at the #of times McD and Cafe Dante (that's you and your banana split, edgewood) was mentioned. However, being it's Italy, I'm not surprised the coffee is excellent.

JUST A THOUGHT: I booked jr suite (I wouldn't have except we needed it for them to allow 2 little kids) and read in the room description that it included fruit, basket, wine, and snack. This should mean that we should also be able to ask for the 1000pts since this comes with the room and is not the welcome amenity.
For the record the banana split is my wife's favorite in Milan other than the LS!!
Having said that the wine is equally as good there !
Old Oct 18, 2015, 9:47 pm
Suspended

Programs: Everything is refundable
Just booked British Airway business class for 4 to stay here next summer ($850 a person with current promo and stacking discounts.) Excited since both soft and hard product similar to PHV.

JUST A THOUGHT: I booked jr suite (I wouldn't have except we needed it for them to allow 2 little kids) and read in the room description that it included fruit, basket, wine, and snack. This should mean that we should also be able to ask for the 1000pts since this comes with the room and is not the welcome amenity.
The junior suite is really just a larger deluxe room, a bit more space between the sleeping and sitting areas as well as a slightly larger sitting area (due to more chairs and a larger table, it does not feel that way) plus the usual large bathroom, not a lot of space for four guests.
Old Oct 18, 2015, 11:04 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by FD1971
The junior suite is really just a larger deluxe room, a bit more space between the sleeping and sitting areas as well as a slightly larger sitting area (due to more chairs and a larger table, it does not feel that way) plus the usual large bathroom, not a lot of space for four guests.
Yes...I'm aware. I did not book it for the space. I booked it because regular room allow 2, Jr allow 3 adults. Therefore if I ask to have 2 young kids, it make it more likely for the hotel to let it slide when I contact them in advance. Europe is so strict about occupancy, even with kids but I have had great luck when I'm in even a base level suite.

Beats having to get 2 rooms which would be cost or points prohibitive.
Old Oct 19, 2015, 7:31 am
Suspended

Programs: Everything is refundable
Yes...I'm aware. I did not book it for the space. I booked it because regular room allow 2, Jr allow 3 adults. Therefore if I ask to have 2 young kids, it make it more likely for the hotel to let it slide when I contact them in advance. Europe is so strict about occupancy, even with kids but I have had great luck when I'm in even a base level suite.

Beats having to get 2 rooms which would be cost or points prohibitive.
I am not sure if they still offer this Family promo (second room 50% off) but in any case I really recommend contacting the hotel, they are strict about maximum occupancy as you pointed out already. In case you do, inquire about the surcharge for a larger suite, which used to be very reasonably some years ago. They have some really nice suites in Milan.
Old Oct 19, 2015, 8:15 am

Programs: UA: 1K, Hyatt: Diamond
Fantastic One Night Stay

Arrived at 1000am, off a flight from NYC. Check-in agent was extremely courteous, and advised that my allocated room was not ready at that time. When I explained that I needed to shower and change for meetings, they asked me to take a seat in the lobby for 10-15 minute while they work to find a room for me.

Agent comes back after 10 minutes, as promised, with a room key. Explains that the only room they could provide was an ADA standard room, and asks if that is OK. Perfectly happy with the room, as the ability to shower and change was crucial, and appreciative of their ability to provide a room so early in the day.

The concierge assisted in setting up a work dinner at a local restaurant within walking distance. We settled on Boeucc, which was quite impressive, and left a great impression on my client.

Had a 1040am flight out of MXP the next day, so settled on room service for breakfast (included as part of the Diamond benefits). Food showed up exactly at the time requested, and met my expectations.

Overall great (quick) trip, and wouldn't hesitate to repeat for any future business travel.
Old Oct 19, 2015, 9:18 am

Originally Posted by e53nyc
Arrived at 1000am, off a flight from NYC. Check-in agent was extremely courteous, and advised that my allocated room was not ready at that time. When I explained that I needed to shower and change for meetings, they asked me to take a seat in the lobby for 10-15 minute while they work to find a room for me.

Agent comes back after 10 minutes, as promised, with a room key. Explains that the only room they could provide was an ADA standard room, and asks if that is OK. Perfectly happy with the room, as the ability to shower and change was crucial, and appreciative of their ability to provide a room so early in the day.

The concierge assisted in setting up a work dinner at a local restaurant within walking distance. We settled on Boeucc, which was quite impressive, and left a great impression on my client.

Had a 1040am flight out of MXP the next day, so settled on room service for breakfast (included as part of the Diamond benefits). Food showed up exactly at the time requested, and met my expectations.

Overall great (quick) trip, and wouldn't hesitate to repeat for any future business travel.

One of my favorite's ! Glad to hear it's holding well after Claudio left,
Old Jan 8, 2016, 6:12 pm

Booked for 2 nights at PH Milan in Feb (cash and C&P bookings), emailed them that I might need an extra bed for a third person in the room. They upgraded me (in advance, wow) to a Deluxe and will add an extra bed.

Beautiful treatment from the team and I haven't even entered yet. ^

I would have expected them to charge me extra for the third person too, but no. Although I have had both experiences in the past.
Old Jan 8, 2016, 6:53 pm

Originally Posted by benji2227
Booked for 2 nights at PH Milan in Feb (cash and C&P bookings), emailed them that I might need an extra bed for a third person in the room. They upgraded me (in advance, wow) to a Deluxe and will add an extra bed.

Beautiful treatment from the team and I haven't even entered yet. ^

I would have expected them to charge me extra for the third person too, but no. Although I have had both experiences in the past.
You know sometimes if you ask nicely !
Old Jan 9, 2016, 9:27 am

Malpensa to PH - late night

We'll be landing at MXP @ 2245. What's the safest and best way to get to the hotel that late at night? Anyone know how much it costs for 2 to use the PH's car?
Old Jan 9, 2016, 9:59 am

Programs: Virtuoso, Marriott Stars/Luminous, Hilton Impresario, IHG Luxury & Lifestyle, Hyatt Prive etc
Originally Posted by tpmgpeds
We'll be landing at MXP @ 2245. What's the safest and best way to get to the hotel that late at night? Anyone know how much it costs for 2 to use the PH's car?
Hotel car is 230 euro
Blacklane is 130 euro, you can get 10 euro off with code 4NMXMSYB or there may be other offers on
Old Jan 13, 2016, 7:50 am

Programs: Delta Kryptonium-Platinum Medallion, Hyatt/Hilton Diamond
Just came back from a one-night stay at Park Hyatt Milan booked with points. Below is my short review, you can see the full review as well as pictures HERE. Thanks!

We used 30,000 Hyatt points to book a standard room which normally costs around 700 euro. Upon check-in, we were told that we were upgraded to a Park Terrace Suite!

We were also given some snacks and a bottle of champagne! The receptionist also gave our daughter a nice little teddy bear. They also offered a bunch of complimentary baby items like diapers, wipes, comb set and many more!

The Park Terrace Suite was amazing and more than we could ask for. The views of the Milan Duomo were also a big plus.

We also pre-booked dinner at the hotel restaurant Vun, which is the only Michelin starred restaurant in Milan. We experienced the tasting menu which was about 10 courses and it was absolutely amazing!

The next day, we went downstairs for breakfast which we got for free as Diamond members. The best part about it was we can have anything we want from the buffet and the ala carte menu. I was ecstatic that they had a lobster/cheese/caviar omelet. It was amazing!

Overall, an amazing stay at this property. Given that the Park Terrace Suite has a price tag of 1700 euros, it was an amazing value for our points. The service was exceptional throughout our stay. The Vun restaurant also lived up to the hype. Breakfast at this Park Hyatt was one of the best we’ve had in any luxury property in the world. Given the chance, we will definitely be back!

Full review and pictures HERE.
Old Feb 25, 2016, 4:56 pm

Programs: AA Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Platinum
[QUOTE=AirForceFlyer;26011278]
We used 30,000 Hyatt points to book a standard room which normally costs around 700 euro. Upon check-in, we were told that we were upgraded to a Park Terrace Suite!

Can you advise if the upgrade was given automatically by the hotel or you request upgrade using Diamond suite upgrade? as I ready your full report and you did mention using Diamond upgrade certificate, I didn't know the certificate can be combined with points stay, so I would like to verify with you, thank you so much, we are planning August trip and would like to stay at Park Hyatt Milan too, as we enjoyed the Tokyo one so much, we kinda like to hit Park Hyatt whenever possible ! (using points)
Old Feb 25, 2016, 5:29 pm

[QUOTE=L3talk;26244354]
Originally Posted by AirForceFlyer

Can you advise if the upgrade was given automatically by the hotel or you request upgrade using Diamond suite upgrade? as I ready your full report and you did mention using Diamond upgrade certificate, I didn't know the certificate can be combined with points stay, so I would like to verify with you, thank you so much, we are planning August trip and would like to stay at Park Hyatt Milan too, as we enjoyed the Tokyo one so much, we kinda like to hit Park Hyatt whenever possible ! (using points)
First, upgrades are given at time of check in and depends on occupancy. No, suites up grades are not allowed with award stays. wish they were but no. If your staying on points and if you can access the Diamond Desk or "My Hyatt concierge" thats your best bet for possible upgrade, My suggestion is be as nice as possible at check, it goes a long way. As I have said before I have seen some making an ... of themselves trying to tell the agent that they deserve an upgrade !

As for Milan that my other real favorite Park, same architect as the PHV, though smaller rooms. but right next to the Galleria and Domo, doesn't get much better than that. Their breakfast is similar to PHV, smaller but equally as good.!

And the hotel is only an hour or so drive to Lake Como! Easy drive if you rent a car.

Good luck
Old Feb 26, 2016, 11:23 pm

Programs: AA Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Thank you for your reply, Edgewood, so upgrade can't be used with reward points stay, got it ! yes, we have stayed at PHV before, location is the key although no lounge. I will be very nice upon check in and hoping for the best. Wouldn't mind if we don't get upgraded, short stay anyway !
Old Feb 27, 2016, 9:04 am

Originally Posted by L3talk
Thank you for your reply, Edgewood, so upgrade can't be used with reward points stay, got it ! yes, we have stayed at PHV before, location is the key although no lounge. I will be very nice upon check in and hoping for the best. Wouldn't mind if we don't get upgraded, short stay anyway !
It's a great hotel and we love it! Enjoy. We won't return until 2018

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.