Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Park Hyatt Milan REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Park Hyatt Milan REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Nov 4, 2014, 9:55 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Club Carlson Gold, Choice Elite Platinum
I was walking by the PH Milan a couple of hours ago (we had a layover on our way to Prague) and there was about 200 people surrounding the entrance of the hotel. Apparently, Lady Gaga is staying there tonight. Great hotel.
Old Nov 4, 2014, 2:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by LivelyFL
Apparently, Lady Gaga is staying there tonight.
Old Nov 4, 2014, 4:15 pm

Programs: AS Million Miler/Marriott Lifetime Titanium/ IGH Ambassador
Originally Posted by TRAVELSIG
best place to stay in Milan !
Old Nov 5, 2014, 12:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by edgewood49
best place to stay in Milan !
That would accept a rock star perhaps

PH Milan is a very good hotel with an excellent location.

Nearby there are also a few more options- I still think the Four Seasons provides the best overall offer in this area of Milano- it is typically quite a bit more expensive though than the PH so that is a consideration.

BTW I much prefer Rock Stars compared to all the political "vertices" who took over the centre of Milano in October and made it into an un-penetrable bunker.
Old Nov 5, 2014, 11:15 am

Originally Posted by TRAVELSIG
That would accept a rock star perhaps

PH Milan is a very good hotel with an excellent location.

Nearby there are also a few more options- I still think the Four Seasons provides the best overall offer in this area of Milano- it is typically quite a bit more expensive though than the PH so that is a consideration.

BTW I much prefer Rock Stars compared to all the political "vertices" who took over the centre of Milano in October and made it into an un-penetrable bunker.
True about Four Seasons but I prefer the PHM quiet almost a boutique hotel
Old May 21, 2015, 3:45 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA Gold, Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum
Does anyone know what the Diamond amenity is likely to be here? Am not sure if I want to get 1K points instead.
Old May 21, 2015, 6:34 am

Originally Posted by vike
Does anyone know what the Diamond amenity is likely to be here? Am not sure if I want to get 1K points instead.
Usual for Europe a bottle of wine and or champagne, fruit / cheese possibly and or local chocolates / cookies that's what I got last trip
Old May 21, 2015, 6:55 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Just ask at check-in and if you don't like it take the points.....
Old May 21, 2015, 7:10 am

Both times I stayed here I received a half bottle of wine and a platter of fruit, together with something that looked like a bottle of sun dried tomatoes.

I would add that -- both times -- they've never asked if I prefer the amenity or the points, but just leave the amenity by default.
Old May 21, 2015, 12:05 pm

Originally Posted by carmy
Both times I stayed here I received a half bottle of wine and a platter of fruit, together with something that looked like a bottle of sun dried tomatoes.

I would add that -- both times -- they've never asked if I prefer the amenity or the points, but just leave the amenity by default.
Have found in Europe that's the case which is fine with me.
Old Oct 11, 2015, 7:22 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QF, VA, AC, Hyatt, Marriott
Is it correct that this property does not have a swimming pool?
Old Oct 12, 2015, 1:52 am

Originally Posted by danger
Is it correct that this property does not have a swimming pool?
There's a gold Jacuzzi in the basement, good for 3 to 4 people at max, more a puddle than a pool. There's also a steam room that's never turned on while I'm there plus the usual amenities. Nothing to write home about.
Old Oct 12, 2015, 7:47 am

Originally Posted by scented
There's a gold Jacuzzi in the basement, good for 3 to 4 people at max, more a puddle than a pool. There's also a steam room that's never turned on while I'm there plus the usual amenities. Nothing to write home about.
But then who goes to Milan for a hotel pool?
Old Oct 16, 2015, 9:36 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond
Just booked British Airway business class for 4 to stay here next summer ($850 a person with current promo and stacking discounts.) Excited since both soft and hard product similar to PHV.

I read almost all the posts and was amused at the #of times McD and Cafe Dante (that's you and your banana split, edgewood) was mentioned. However, being it's Italy, I'm not surprised the coffee is excellent.

JUST A THOUGHT: I booked jr suite (I wouldn't have except we needed it for them to allow 2 little kids) and read in the room description that it included fruit, basket, wine, and snack. This should mean that we should also be able to ask for the 1000pts since this comes with the room and is not the welcome amenity.

Last edited by thucanhho; Oct 16, 2015 at 9:44 pm
Old Oct 17, 2015, 3:48 am

Take the points, you'll be fine. They are generous.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.