Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Park Hyatt Milan REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 16, 2013, 7:54 am

Programs: UA GS/4 MM, AA Exec Plat, Lifetime Hilton D, Hyatt G, Marriott Titanium earned Ambassador
Cautions. Way back to / check-in at MXP.

I was reminded this is Italy. Keep an ear out for notices of strikes or labor actions. During my trip the Malpensa Express outbound from Centrale cxld the first train out. In addition there was a public transport strike called for this morning.

At MXP you should allow for additional time to check-in if returning to US. The check-in counters are opposite side of terminal from screening and fast track lanes in terminal 1. AA check-in area 22 versus entry to secure terminal area is 3. Use BA lounge if in business class on AA.

Conceierge service was excellent. All breakfast items available on menu for Diamond. Like the Hotel and staff much better than PH Paris.
Old Dec 16, 2013, 8:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by RTWSTARALLIANCE
Keep an ear out for notices of strikes or labor actions.
At the moment in particular good advice just to ask what is going on- there are a few protests and disruptions in particular blocking road transport more than rail for example.
Old Dec 24, 2013, 1:27 am

Planning to stay here next year, but I've got a flight out of MXP at 6:45am. Should we do the night before at an airport hotel? If staying at the PHM, when should we be leaving to head to the airport?
Old Dec 24, 2013, 7:58 am

Programs: AS Million Miler/Marriott Lifetime Titanium/ IGH Ambassador
Originally Posted by ruahamore
Planning to stay here next year, but I've got a flight out of MXP at 6:45am. Should we do the night before at an airport hotel? If staying at the PHM, when should we be leaving to head to the airport?
I can tell you that we tried staying by the airport more in particular the Crown Plaza and it was horrible ! They did not even have the ability to print boarding passes ! We can assure you the next time we will stay at the Hyatt!

Since Italy is ever changing I would check with front desk on what time to leave.
Old Dec 25, 2013, 10:35 am

Programs: M&M FQT, BA G, Bonvoy LTT, WoH GLOB

Why not try the relatively new Sheraton MXP ?
Old Dec 25, 2013, 7:27 pm

Originally Posted by banzani
Why not try the relatively new Sheraton MXP ?
why not be comfortable and stay downtown next time we will and not at or near the airport
Old Dec 30, 2013, 8:55 am

Programs: The Mac Daddy of Heimlich County (and low-ball status)
Originally Posted by edgewood49
why not be comfortable and stay downtown next time we will and not at or near the airport
why wouldn't sheraton be comfortable? prob much more expensive points/money for that last night at PH
Old Dec 30, 2013, 9:40 am

Originally Posted by mrredskin
why wouldn't sheraton be comfortable? prob much more expensive points/money for that last night at PH
just a personal point of view nothing to read into !
Old Jan 3, 2014, 3:45 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K, HYATT DIAMOND, SPG PLAT, ALASKA MVPGOLD
Children at PH Milan

Has anyone had experience with making a reservation with children here on a points reservation? I made an award reservation for two adults but when I've tried calling in (twice) to let them know I have my kids with me I was told I had to book a seperate room for my 4 and year old sons...really?! Any suggestions/comments appreciated!

Also, assuming I have to book the 2nd room, do all guests get my diamond breakfast benefits?
Old Jan 3, 2014, 5:04 pm

Originally Posted by DP81
Has anyone had experience with making a reservation with children here on a points reservation? I made an award reservation for two adults but when I've tried calling in (twice) to let them know I have my kids with me I was told I had to book a seperate room for my 4 and year old sons...really?! Any suggestions/comments appreciated!

Also, assuming I have to book the 2nd room, do all guests get my diamond breakfast benefits?
it's a "European thing" they are very very strict about room occupancy.

Breakfast should be good for all four of you enjoy it's a great property
Old Jan 3, 2014, 6:50 pm

Originally Posted by DP81

Unfortunately they only have rooms with 2-3 people occupancy, so even if you book a suite only 3 people can stay there.
Old Jan 4, 2014, 1:48 pm

Programs: AAExP, Hyatt Globalist, HHonors Gold, IHG Spire, Marriott Plat
Just booked a one night stay in early February on points (to beat the deval) - as a Diamond, other than breakfast, what other considerations may I expect?

Should I contact the concierge ahead of time about the Last Supper? Don't necessarily want to tie up my day with a City Tour... but if that's what it is, that's what it is.
Old Jan 4, 2014, 2:42 pm
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by miffSC
Just booked a one night stay in early February on points (to beat the deval) - as a Diamond, other than breakfast, what other considerations may I expect?

Should I contact the concierge ahead of time about the Last Supper? Don't necessarily want to tie up my day with a City Tour... but if that's what it is, that's what it is.
Perhaps an upgraded room - we arrived way too early and was happy they could check us into a base room.

If you're looking for tickets to the Last Supper only, you'd do well to contact them ahead of time. I don't think you need to prebook the city tour though.
Old Jan 4, 2014, 3:38 pm

Originally Posted by miffSC

Do contact hotel for tickets for the LS, we did and glad we did. If you get there early ( the Last Supper) there is a great little restaurant across the street ! Great pastries and of course expresso.
Old Jan 5, 2014, 1:44 am

Programs: AAExP, Hyatt Globalist, HHonors Gold, IHG Spire, Marriott Plat
Thanks for the information peteropny and edgewood49. I'll be writing a letter to the General Manager tomorrow anyway (which I am sure will be passed on to the Concierge) - so will definitely mention LS tickets.

Any other suggestions of must see's in Milan? I will be there three days.....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.