Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Park Hyatt Chicago REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Park Hyatt Chicago REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old May 14, 2017, 8:32 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by jasonvr
another agent making stuff up.
They're getting as bad as UA about that.
Old May 15, 2017, 3:48 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by bsdstone
Called Hyatt to book a room here for Mother's Day weekend. Told the agent that I would book it as long as they had a DSU available. After several minutes in gold with the two, she came back to tell me she is still working on it. Then a supervisor came in and said this property does not participate in the DSU program...is this right?
Was this some random call center agent, a My Hyatt Concierge agent, or a (former?) private line agent?
Old May 15, 2017, 8:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott/Lifetime Titanium Hyatt/Explorist, Hilton/Silver, IHG Spire,UA Gold
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Was this some random call center agent, a My Hyatt Concierge agent, or a (former?) private line agent?
just a random agent. I call so infrequently that I still had the Diamond line in my phone...it transferred me over to the new number.
Old Jun 4, 2017, 3:58 am

Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, AC, WS, MR TIT
My friend is visiting Chicago in July and he is an Explorist and planning to stay at PH. I wonder what benefits he will get during his stay and how can he maximize the benefits he will get as an Explorist?

As the hotel does not have a club lounge, can he still use the upgrade voucher to the lounge to have free breakfast there daily?
Old Jun 4, 2017, 5:52 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

No lounge = no breakfast with an Explorer cert.
So there is no maximising benefits here, maybe he gets a decent room. That's about it.
Old Jun 24, 2017, 11:05 am

Programs: 2mm+ UAL | Lifetime Titanium Marriott | Globalist Hyatt | SpireElite IHG
Taking my lady for her first trip ever to Chicago over 4th July weekend, and was looking to burn out points for it, so was aiming SPG, Hyatt, IHG. The higher end stuff (IC, Park) were unavail, so had booked the Gwen, when just this morning the Park came open for points. I've stayed in the Park in Manhattan, but never this one.

A good choice for her first time to see the City?
Any thoughts on what to expect here as a Globalist?
Old Jun 25, 2017, 3:17 am

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by KevinS
Taking my lady for her first trip ever to Chicago over 4th July weekend, and was looking to burn out points for it, so was aiming SPG, Hyatt, IHG. The higher end stuff (IC, Park) were unavail, so had booked the Gwen, when just this morning the Park came open for points. I've stayed in the Park in Manhattan, but never this one.

A good choice for her first time to see the City?
Any thoughts on what to expect here as a Globalist?
Just stayed there over Memorial Day and had a very good stay. Breakfast was excellent (and complimentary). As long as there are suites available, you should be offered one. That may depend on the agent checking you in, though. Overall, a very nice hotel by US standards, in my opinion.
Old Jun 25, 2017, 3:35 pm

Programs: AA EXP & AAirpass, Hyatt Courtesy Card, SPG Platinum
Re: suites... As long as Park suites are available those should be offered to Globalists. Exec and up are not standard suites.

Originally Posted by ceebee100
Just stayed there over Memorial Day and had a very good stay. Breakfast was excellent (and complimentary). As long as there are suites available, you should be offered one. That may depend on the agent checking you in, though. Overall, a very nice hotel by US standards, in my opinion.
Old Jul 6, 2017, 8:13 pm

Has anyone used the FHR benefits? Is there a $ limit on the daily breakfast? Can the $100 be used on F&B? I am not a spa person and I know some hotels give the $100 as spa credit. Thanks!
Old Sep 5, 2017, 7:30 pm

Globalist breakfast covers room service, no problem with near $100 daily.

They left a $6 room service delivery fee on the folio, as well as the restaurant breakfast tip.
Old Sep 6, 2017, 1:54 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Mosaic
FDR told me tip's no longer covered with WoH. If room service attracts only $6 instead of the entire tip, that's actually less.
Old Nov 16, 2017, 9:04 am

Programs: AA LT Plat, United Silver, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond, Marriott/SPG Platinum
Anyone have any experience with the award night free globalist parking at this property? I'm guessing it's valet? DSU upgrade still a Park Suite? Thanks in advance.
Old Nov 16, 2017, 8:01 pm

Originally Posted by JD623
Anyone have any experience with the award night free globalist parking at this property? I'm guessing it's valet? DSU upgrade still a Park Suite? Thanks in advance.
Yes, valet is what's offered for Globalists (and in my case GofH). And yes I do think same suite for TSU.
JD623 likes this.
Old Nov 17, 2017, 2:26 pm

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
In regards to the TSU suite, apparently it HAS to be the Grand Executive Suite. The Park Executive Suite is the same size, but is NOT available for TSU use. In my case, the Park is available but the Grand is not so I’m SOL. Regular king bed it is and hope for an upgrade.
Old Dec 3, 2017, 9:44 pm

Programs: BA GGLfL, WoH Lifetime Globalist, HH Diamond, SPG Gold
On my previous visit to Chicago (August-17) I stayed at the Hyatt Centric Magnificent Mile, which I thought was good value for money. On my current visit I selected the Park Hyatt. Its a bit average to say the least but its in an excellent location. NoMi was busy and buzzy at lunchtime on Sunday and the bar was good for a pre-dinner cocktail before heading out to eat; no problem with either the food or the service in NoMi. Doc Copper.

Last edited by DoctorCopper; Dec 5, 2017 at 8:40 pm Reason: Misunderstood comment

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.