Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Park Hyatt Chicago REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Park Hyatt Chicago REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Mar 5, 2016, 8:54 am

Originally Posted by Radiant Flyer
For the past two years I have moved all my stays in Chicago to the Langham and never looked back, I don't miss the Park Hyatt Chicago.
The Langham walks all over Park Hyatt Chicago! The design, amenities, even service. Take note, PH.
Old Mar 8, 2016, 6:25 pm

Update on DSU Issue

Just a quick update to let you know that this all got settled today. I have been in contact with Guest Relations regarding this issue and have been satisfied with our end result. After speaking w/ guest relations they decided that they would offer me a stay in an "equivalent" suite to the one in which I was originally assigned. This would be on their dime (saw in the email that it showed $800+ for the room) as they confirmed with me that the hotel was not offering anything other than a standard room "with a view."

After thinking about if for a day I decided that I do not want to give any of my business or $$ to this hotel who is not interested in honoring the benefits of my Diamond membership nor willing to work with a loyal GP member. Guest relations has now moved me to another hotel, offered me bonus points for the mishap and returned my DSU to be used before the 2017 deadline.

I thank them for their efforts and again will not be staying nor recommending the PH Chicago again... Thank you for the feedback...
Old Mar 11, 2016, 6:06 pm

Programs: NW 1MM, BD Gold, BA Gold, AA 1MM, LM, VX eleVAte, Hyatt D6, SPG Plat, Hertz President's
Originally Posted by peteropny
Why am I not surprised at the incompetence of this property. I would contact our Gold Passport Concierge staff here on Flyertalk and see what they can do. Otherwise the precious suggestion is sound but make sure the DSU that is returned is a new one since the old one expired on Monday.
Originally Posted by scented
Interesting how these "issues" or "accidents" tend to move with a certain GM from Chicago to NY back to Chicago...
Frankly, I am shocked that this has been happening. He is well regarded as a fantastic GM.

Originally Posted by Radiant Flyer
For the past two years I have moved all my stays in Chicago to the Langham and never looked back, I don't miss the Park Hyatt Chicago.
Originally Posted by scented
The Langham walks all over Park Hyatt Chicago! The design, amenities, even service. Take note, PH.
Originally Posted by hartd
Just a quick update to let you know that this all got settled today. I have been in contact with Guest Relations regarding this issue and have been satisfied with our end result. After speaking w/ guest relations they decided that they would offer me a stay in an "equivalent" suite to the one in which I was originally assigned. This would be on their dime (saw in the email that it showed $800+ for the room) as they confirmed with me that the hotel was not offering anything other than a standard room "with a view."

After thinking about if for a day I decided that I do not want to give any of my business or $$ to this hotel who is not interested in honoring the benefits of my Diamond membership nor willing to work with a loyal GP member. Guest relations has now moved me to another hotel, offered me bonus points for the mishap and returned my DSU to be used before the 2017 deadline.

I thank them for their efforts and again will not be staying nor recommending the PH Chicago again... Thank you for the feedback...
Voting with our wallets is the best thing we can do…as is sending the receipts to the companies you opted not to use. ^
Old Mar 11, 2016, 8:54 pm
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeShangri-La Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by HUGE AL
Frankly, I am shocked that this has been happening. He is well regarded as a fantastic GM.

Voting with our wallets is the best thing we can do…as is sending the receipts to the companies you opted not to use. ^
It's sad that I'm debating whether or not to just stay at the full service Marriott down the street rather than be disappointed with a stay at the PH. Too bad none of the other 5* hotels are as cheaply priced for my dates.

EDIT: Decided to try the new Loews, got a nice rate via FHR for two nights.

Last edited by United747; Mar 16, 2016 at 12:57 pm Reason: see above
Old Mar 24, 2016, 4:17 pm

Programs: Alaska MVPG
Just booked a single night stay here for this coming Saturday, mostly because I'm a big fan of most of the international PH properties I've stayed at and just feel like I should "check the box" on the one in Chicago given how frequently I visit.

Interested to see how it goes based on some of the recent feedback on here. I'll keep you guys posted.
Old Apr 5, 2016, 4:34 pm

Had an amazing stay here two years ago and was considering coming back until I realized the PH NY GM moved back here. Oh gosh...
Old May 3, 2016, 2:42 pm

Programs: Alaska MVPG
Originally Posted by grafpaper
Just booked a single night stay here for this coming Saturday, mostly because I'm a big fan of most of the international PH properties I've stayed at and just feel like I should "check the box" on the one in Chicago given how frequently I visit.

Interested to see how it goes based on some of the recent feedback on here. I'll keep you guys posted.
Meh. Nothing to write home about. Probably wouldn't stay here again.

One other point. Booked through Amex FHR, included my HGP# at time of booking yet somehow it didn't make it onto the reservation. Only discovered upon receiving my folio that my HGP# wasn't attached. Requested credit like a month ago and haven't seen anything yet.
Old May 6, 2016, 2:08 pm

Programs: AA EXP, HH Gold, Hyatt Globalist, IC Plat, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by grafpaper
Meh. Nothing to write home about. Probably wouldn't stay here again.

One other point. Booked through Amex FHR, included my HGP# at time of booking yet somehow it didn't make it onto the reservation. Only discovered upon receiving my folio that my HGP# wasn't attached. Requested credit like a month ago and haven't seen anything yet.

You get immediate resolution if you call HGP customer service IME.
Old May 7, 2016, 12:03 am
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA EXP, 2 mm, Marriott Gold
Come to the Langham

Originally Posted by yerffej201
Had an amazing stay here two years ago and was considering coming back until I realized the PH NY GM moved back here. Oh gosh...
Old May 24, 2016, 12:29 pm
Moderator: CommunityBuzz!, OMNI, OMNI/PR, and OMNI/Games & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMM, AAMM & ExPlat, Marriott lifetime Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
NoMi Kitchen review

A number of my business team dined at NoMi Kitchen to celebrate a very good year end.

Mrs Willie & I arrived early, so headed out to the open air bar. It was one of the first nice weekend Spring day in Chicago, so place was packed. We were able to get a table for two. It was 10 mins before we were waited on and another 10 mins for the drinks. Wasn't pleased with that but didn't care too much as we were happy soaking up the sun. I had a Pepper & Pine, a tequila cocktail with pineapple & red pepper flavor, was delicious. Mrs Willie had a Pimm's Cup, again a refreshing cocktail on a beautiful day.

Once most of our team arrived we were seated in the main room.

Started with NoMi sushi platter and the 5 cheese board.

5 cheese board mostly consisted of goat and sheeps milk options, there was a cow's milk option. For the quality, I didn't feel I was getting a value.

NoMI Sushi Platter - tuna, yellowtail & scallop sashimi. tuna, salmon, shrimp & eel nigiri. tiger & california maki. Sushi was incredible fresh, standout for me was the scallop sashimi, a huge diver's scallop cut in 1/2, luxurious!

For our main, Mrs Willie & I ordered a shared Roasted Red Snapper entree (besides mains, there are 3 shared entrees on the menu). Snapper came with clams, black mussels, vegetable fricassee, sauce mariniere. Served boneless after roasting, this dish was a stunner, just perfect. While the pieces I had were devoid of bones, Mrs Willie ran into a piece that had dorsal fin bones, so slight dig there on prep.

A co-worker did offer me a piece of their entree, the Niman Ranch Heritage Pork Chop (bone in) w/charred onion, baby carrot, mustard seed sauce. Chop was cooked perfectly and full of flavor. I'm sure I would have been pleased had I ordered it, that said, the snapper was sublime.

Various sides were passed around, fried kale w/bacon, Yukon gold potato puree w/churned butter, sauteed forest mushrooms w/baby spinach, shallot, garlic.
Both the kale and potato puree were fantastic. I'm a mushroom fanatic but something was off with the mushroom side, almost like some soap had made it into the dish somehow.

A delicious wine list, then again, when paying well north of $100 a bottle, I expect the wine to be great.

Service had some jerky moments, I'm sure some of that was our group's fault as there were stragglers. When on, service was quite good.

Based on the snapper alone, Mrs Willie & I are sure to return to NoMi.

Dinner menu: http://www.hyatt.com/corporate/resta...hen/menus.html
-
Old Jun 5, 2016, 4:30 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Hey the hotel has a dog now!

One-eyed pug finds 'furever' hotel home at Park Hyatt Chicago

It's safe to say that the ruff times are over for one middle-aged pug who was recently adopted by the manager of a local hotel.

Parker, a 5-year-old pug who happens to be missing an eye, can't seem to shake the overwhelming amount of pupparazi that has visited in the past 3 1/2 weeks of her new residency at the Park Hyatt Chicago.
Old Jun 6, 2016, 8:05 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by CMK10
Awwwwww, he's so cute!
Attached Images  
Old Jun 9, 2016, 2:39 pm

Programs: AS MVPG 75K / AA EXP / VX Gold / WOH Globalist / SPG Gold / HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by CMK10
I wonder if this was added after he arrived (or if it was always there):

Saw this outside the PH's front door about a month and a half ago.
Old Jul 3, 2016, 12:23 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Exploralist, Marriot Silver
More Gold Passport Exceptions?

I was on the phone and a rep told me that this hotel has a note stating that they do not allow point redemptions for suites. Are hotels allowed to excuse themselves from individual aspects of the Gold Passport program? I've heard of DSU exemptions, but not points exemptions.

(This didn't affect my call since I was booking a DSU, but thought it was weird.)
Old Jul 11, 2016, 6:54 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, UA Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold, National Exec, Hertz Pres
PH w/o DSU vs. HR w/ DSU

I have 4 nights in Chicago coming up. I'm debating between Hyatt Regency Chicago w/ DSU or Park Hyatt Chicago w/o DSU. Unfortunately, the base "Park Suite" isn't available for my nights at Park Hyatt Chicago. Which would you pick (HR w/ DSU vs. PH w/o DSU) if price is not a factor (AMEX FHR makes the rates more comparable)?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.