Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Park Hyatt Chicago REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 2, 2014, 6:09 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Exploralist, Marriot Silver
Originally Posted by WISLUGGO
I just called to make a reservation here and was told the DSUs are not accepted at this property? Is this a new thing? I know the DSUs aren't allowed at the PH Sydney and the Andaz Tokyo, but I was a little surprised to hear about this one.
It's not listed as an exception on the website. HUCA.
Old Nov 14, 2014, 6:22 pm
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeAman 5+ Badge

Does anyone know if they offer family plan at the PH Chicago? I have used a DSU for a Grand Exec suite; it would be great to grab another room for the kids with the family plan if possiible. Thanks!
FDW
Old Jan 1, 2015, 7:50 pm

Programs: qantas platinum (OWE), hyatt platinum, hertz gold
I had an excellent stay here this week. The DSU got me a beautiful executive suite. A five minute delay while they checked me in - resulted in a bucket of cokes being delivered to the room (I don't drink alcohol).

Breakfast was great, the turndown was at 7pm (not 9pm as happened to another poster). Of course its not the PH Tokyo - but its not that price either.

Thoroughly recommended.
Old Jan 12, 2015, 9:06 pm

Programs: AA EXP & AAirpass, Hyatt Courtesy Card, SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by SFOPhD
It's not listed as an exception on the website. HUCA.
It used to be one of the exceptions. So some of the agents may still be remembering that. The current upgrade policy for DSUs to Grand Executive Suites is very generous.
Old Jan 13, 2015, 10:51 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, oneworld emerald
So many mixed reviews on customer service at this property that I've completely written it off, and I'm in Chicago at least 5-6 times a year. There are too many Hyatts in Chicago to gamble on a stay being worth it here.
Old Jan 13, 2015, 5:00 pm

Programs: UA MM 1K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by nineworldseries
So many mixed reviews on customer service at this property that I've completely written it off, and I'm in Chicago at least 5-6 times a year. There are too many Hyatts in Chicago to gamble on a stay being worth it here.
Have you tried the Hyatt Mag Mile. My new favorite in Chicago. I live in Chicago but for trade shows thats my new go to hotel.

I would try the hotel once, but I will never walk back into that place. You can get Park Hyatt prices at the Peninsula if you want a true 5 star experience.
Old Jan 23, 2015, 5:57 pm

Has anyone been able to use a DSU for a lower category suite - The Park Suite for example?

Does anyone know how many Grand Executive suites there are in this hotel?

I am trying to use an expiring DSU. Thanks.
Old Jan 25, 2015, 5:40 am

Have a room at the Ritz Carlton (four seasons )on an AMEX FHR considering swapping for this one...
Old Feb 10, 2015, 1:31 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond
How does the Park Hyatt Chicago compare to the Waldorf Astoria Chicago(which I love)? I have a DSU I need to allocate before month end and was thinking of changing one of my Waldorf reservations for the Summer to Park Hyatt.
Old Feb 10, 2015, 5:38 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by Miesque
How does the Park Hyatt Chicago compare to the Waldorf Astoria Chicago(which I love)? I have a DSU I need to allocate before month end and was thinking of changing one of my Waldorf reservations for the Summer to Park Hyatt.
I too am a HUGE fan of WA Chicago. It's my favorite US hotel. I even prefer it to Langham Chicago, which is also pretty amazing. Mostly suites which means a great chance of getting a suite when you book a regular room. Good service for a US hotel with no tipping policy. Modern elegance with the my favorite hotel bathroom, hands down. Wish PH Vendome with renovate to look like WA Chicago.

To answer your question:
I believe most of the rooms have not been renovated. I've only stayed in a suite, which was half renovated. It's been posted that they now upgrade to a suite one level higher. Definitely a step down from WA but I stilled enjoyed my stay at PH Chicago. The welcome amenity was worthwhile, rather than points and a free breakfast, which can be had as room service, is a plus.
Old Feb 10, 2015, 5:51 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by thucanhho
I too am a HUGE fan of WA Chicago. It's my favorite US hotel. I even prefer it to Langham Chicago, which is also pretty amazing. Mostly suites which means a great chance of getting a suite when you book a regular room. Good service for a US hotel with no tipping policy. Modern elegance with the my favorite hotel bathroom, hands down. Wish PH Vendome with renovate to look like WA Chicago.

To answer your question:
I believe most of the rooms have not been renovated. I've only stayed in a suite, which was half renovated. It's been posted that they now upgrade to a suite one level higher. Definitely a step down from WA but I stilled enjoyed my stay at PH Chicago. The welcome amenity was worthwhile, rather than points and a free breakfast, which can be had as room service, is a plus.
Thanks, much appreciate your comments. Waldorf Astoria Chicago is also my fave US hotel and I think its Hilton's best US prop without question. Every stay there feels like a special treat and its the embodiment of what the Waldorf Astoria name should be (unlike the NY namesake which don't get me started on). Last time I got upgraded from a Astoria Suite to a Luxury Suite which I immensely enjoyed. It seems like Park Hyatt is only worth it if it is priced at a discount to WA. The Hyatt Magnificent Mile seems to be well thought on this thread so I will definitely have to try to test out a night during one of my stays.
Old Feb 10, 2015, 6:37 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by Miesque
Thanks, much appreciate your comments. Waldorf Astoria Chicago is also my fave US hotel and I think its Hilton's best US prop without question. Every stay there feels like a special treat and its the embodiment of what the Waldorf Astoria name should be (unlike the NY namesake which don't get me started on). Last time I got upgraded from a Astoria Suite to a Luxury Suite which I immensely enjoyed. It seems like Park Hyatt is only worth it if it is priced at a discount to WA. The Hyatt Magnificent Mile seems to be well thought on this thread so I will definitely have to try to test out a night during one of my stays.
I am also a huge fan of Hyatt Mag Mile. It is an excellent 4-4.5 star, especially with the well executed renovation. My favorite 4.5 star in Chicago (I do prefer it to Conrad, since there is a newer feel) If it's available, they have been very generous with suite upgrade, which is very spacious. However, it's still a 4 -4.5 star level. PH Chicago has a subtle more luxurious feel, especially in the dining options.

WA needs a Nespesso to make it perfect for me.
Old Feb 12, 2015, 4:28 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat, DL Plat, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Hertz PC
QQ, thinking of booking a stay for 4 people(including myself) and using a DSU if available. Can anyone comment if there are occupancy restrictions on their suites? I'm under the impression that I should have no problem booking a room and having 4 guests stay there as well as receiving breakfast for 4 at nomi. TIA
Old Feb 15, 2015, 2:17 am

Programs: Delta PM. SPG Platinum. Hyatt Diamond. National Exec. Southwest A+ & CP.
Originally Posted by cshel
QQ, thinking of booking a stay for 4 people(including myself) and using a DSU if available. Can anyone comment if there are occupancy restrictions on their suites? I'm under the impression that I should have no problem booking a room and having 4 guests stay there as well as receiving breakfast for 4 at nomi. TIA
Staying here now (for Vday) and have to say there are no occupancy restrictions.

Breakfast at Nomi is delicious (there is no limit if you're diamond). If you can't make it to Nomi, in room dining breakfast is free too!

I've seen mixed reviews here for this property but service has been excellent for me.
Old Feb 15, 2015, 8:13 am

Programs: UA MM 1K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by canon5dfan
Staying here now (for Vday) and have to say there are no occupancy restrictions.

Breakfast at Nomi is delicious (there is no limit if you're diamond). If you can't make it to Nomi, in room dining breakfast is free too!

I've seen mixed reviews here for this property but service has been excellent for me.
Hopefully Nomi has changed. Nomi was the worse breakfast of any higher end hotel that I have ever experienced.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.