Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Park Hyatt Chicago REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Park Hyatt Chicago REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Oct 30, 2016, 7:03 pm
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeShangri-La Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K
My parents stayed as my guests of honor this weekend. I checked them in so there we no issues regarding benefits. My mom thought the room was very nice, got a high floor room facing the lake, but complained a lot about street noise. My dad thought the stay was just average. IMO, the standout is still Jennifer the concierge.
Old Nov 3, 2016, 12:53 am
Suspended

Programs: DL Silver, AS MVP, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond
I am deciding between the park hyatt and the langham, will be booking through amex fhr so I'll receive the same benefits with either hotel (though I will lose out on the diamond amenity at the park hyatt, assuming those are still given in January ). The park hyatt is currently $100 more a night and I would have booked it before World of Hyatt was announced but I am now strongly leaning towards the langham. Any suggestion either way?
Old Jan 18, 2017, 10:20 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond
Delete

Last edited by jrizzl; Feb 7, 2017 at 2:25 pm
Old Apr 1, 2017, 4:23 pm

Programs: UA Gold/0.744MM, WN AL, Hyatt Diamond, MR Scum, Hertz PC, National Exec, Avis PC
Change in rules again. TSU and comp upgrades are put in the Park Suite now (just got off the phone with the Front Desk Manager). Booked my Aunt and Uncle there for one night with GoH and was peeved when they were only upgraded to a Lake View King even though Grand Exec Suite was available. FD Mgr indicated that with WoH they changed the category to Park Suite to "increase inventory available to Globalists to use their benefits". Of course the Park Suite and Gold Coast Suite are the only suites NOT available for their one night stay. Every other category is available. I was really hoping to treat them for their 27th wedding anniversary.
Old Apr 1, 2017, 4:29 pm

If true, then that's a welcome change. Just because on this occasion you didn't get one and the higher level was open (shocking), it doesn't mean it's negative. There should be more park suites available and this is actually in compliance with the rules. Since this hotel was a known manipulator, it is a positive change (theoretically).
Old Apr 1, 2017, 6:12 pm

Programs: AA EXP & AAirpass, Hyatt Courtesy Card, SPG Platinum
There are only 3 or 4 Park suites. All are on the lowest floors and have streetviews. So not quite sure how this is a welcome change for Globalists!

Originally Posted by antonius66
If true, then that's a welcome change. Just because on this occasion you didn't get one and the higher level was open (shocking), it doesn't mean it's negative. There should be more park suites available and this is actually in compliance with the rules. Since this hotel was a known manipulator, it is a positive change (theoretically).
Old Apr 1, 2017, 10:41 pm

Well I guess there is no winning at this hotel then, because I am pretty sure there was only like 1 Executive suite, which is why they always used that as the DSU suite. They never had availability ever, and they chose that instead of the T&C appropriate entry level suite because there were almost 0. I mean, the hotel only has 13 suites, so frankly, moving to the suite that there are 4 of is WAY better than the old set up I believe.
Old Apr 2, 2017, 9:19 am
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeAman 5+ Badge

Originally Posted by antonius66
Well I guess there is no winning at this hotel then, because I am pretty sure there was only like 1 Executive suite, which is why they always used that as the DSU suite. They never had availability ever, and they chose that instead of the T&C appropriate entry level suite because there were almost 0. I mean, the hotel only has 13 suites, so frankly, moving to the suite that there are 4 of is WAY better than the old set up I believe.
they have two grand exec suites at least because I was able to use 2x DSU here a couple years ago

onpy difference between park suite I think is the view. This is a welcome change of the double availability but frankly like you've said there isn't a ton of suite availability.

Fdw
Old Apr 2, 2017, 9:37 pm

Programs: UA Gold/0.744MM, WN AL, Hyatt Diamond, MR Scum, Hertz PC, National Exec, Avis PC
Originally Posted by FlyingDoctorwu
they have two grand exec suites at least because I was able to use 2x DSU here a couple years ago

onpy difference between park suite I think is the view. This is a welcome change of the double availability but frankly like you've said there isn't a ton of suite availability.

Fdw
Website says the size is different

Park Suite
Beautiful sunset views welcome you to an 831-square-foot accommodation offering marble foyer, living and dining areas, wet bar, office, guest bath and bedroom with one king-sized Simmons Beautyrest Park Hyatt bed. Every pampering amenity is yours including master bath with separate tub and dual-head shower, clothes pressing, robes, DVD player upon request , Wi-Fi Internet access, Geneva sound system, 42” flat screen TV, and newspaper.
Grand Exec
Greet guests in the marble foyer of this 900-square-foot accommodation offering views of Lake Michigan or Chicago’s historic Watertower Place. Every pampering amenity is yours including a parlor with half bath, office and bedroom with one king-sized Simmons Beautyrest Park Hyatt bed,wet bar, Wi-Fi Internet, Geneva sound system, 42” flat screen TV, elegant bath with oversized tub and personal flat screen TV, robes, and shoe shine.
Park Exec and Grand Exec seem to be identical though with the same description.
Old Apr 3, 2017, 4:53 am
Aman 5+ BadgeFour Seasons Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by jasonvr
Website says the size is different

Park Suite

Grand Exec

Park Exec and Grand Exec seem to be identical though with the same description.
You're right I'm sorry I got confused.. the Park Exec and Grand Exec are identical.. my bad...

FDW
Old Apr 3, 2017, 4:54 am

Programs: DL DM MM, Hyatt LT Globalist, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC
The Park Executive and Grand Executive suites face the lake with the Grand Executive suites being on higher floors. They have the same layout.

The Park Suites are smaller and are on 'back' side of the hotel facing Chicago Ave.

Originally Posted by FlyingDoctorwu

Fdw
Old Apr 7, 2017, 4:14 am

Programs: SPG Plat
do Diamonds still get room service as an option for breakfast here?
Old Apr 7, 2017, 9:23 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by rooivalk
do Diamonds still get room service as an option for breakfast here?
It wasn't mentioned to me as an option during a recent stay. However, I didn't specifically ask about room service.
Old May 14, 2017, 8:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott/Lifetime Titanium Hyatt/Explorist, Hilton/Silver, IHG Spire,UA Gold
Called Hyatt to book a room here for Mother's Day weekend. Told the agent that I would book it as long as they had a DSU available. After several minutes in gold with the two, she came back to tell me she is still working on it. Then a supervisor came in and said this property does not participate in the DSU program...is this right?
Old May 14, 2017, 10:09 am

Originally Posted by bsdstone
Called Hyatt to book a room here for Mother's Day weekend. Told the agent that I would book it as long as they had a DSU available. After several minutes in gold with the two, she came back to tell me she is still working on it. Then a supervisor came in and said this property does not participate in the DSU program...is this right?
another agent making stuff up. The non participating hotels are
Park Hyatt Beaver Creek Resort and Spa, Park Hyatt Maldives Hadahaa, Park Hyatt Sydney, Andaz Tokyo Toranomon Hills, Hyatt Regency Kyoto, Hyatt Regency Phuket Resort, Hyatt Regency Tulsa, Hyatt Regency Wichita, Hyatt Paris Madeleine, Hyatt Herald Square New York, Hyatt Key West Resort and Spa, Hyatt City of Dreams Manila, Hyatt Centric Santa Barbara, Hyatt Centric South Beach Miami, Hyatt Place hotels or M life Resorts

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.