Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Park Hyatt Chicago REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Park Hyatt Chicago REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Aug 20, 2021, 11:59 am

Renovation is planned for early 2022, this hotel will close from Jan-Apr, according to this article.
Old Sep 25, 2021, 8:48 pm

Programs: Delta DM, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Rewards Platinum Elite, Hyatt Globalist
The sales manager reached out to us prior to our stay this weekend and asked if we wanted to stay in one of their demo rooms for the upcoming renovation. these rooms are not in their inventory and we were the first people to stay in the room post renovation.

It’s not quite done (wood trim on the walls is missing and a few other things) but it is a HUGE improvement and we are generally very impressed with how things turned out.

The hotel is still scheduled to close in January and reopen by mid May.

Old Sep 25, 2021, 9:41 pm
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Gosh the bathroom looks great.
I hope the beds aren't hard as a rock They need to do something to justify the rate frequently I find great 4 or 5 star properties for much less
I'm of mixed opinion on the guest room @ present.Perhaps being in it is more impressive.I really liked most recent stay there in a very nice non renovated suite
Hope they didn't lose their architect legend stainless chairs they are timeless
Old Sep 26, 2021, 4:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by 777 global mile hound
Gosh the bathroom looks great.
I hope the beds aren't hard as a rock They need to do something to justify the rate frequently I find great 4 or 5 star properties for much less
I'm of mixed opinion on the guest room @ present.Perhaps being in it is more impressive.I really liked most recent stay there in a very nice non renovated suite
Hope they didn't lose their architect legend stainless chairs they are timeless
Prefer the mockup picture's carpet. Hope they get get rid of the center console tv and mount it.

Last edited by Aventine; Sep 26, 2021 at 5:16 am
Old Oct 17, 2021, 5:44 pm

Programs: MB Ambassador, WOH Globalist, HH Diamond (Aspire), AA Gold, UA (*G) Gold
I wanted to visit the PH Chicago before the renovation and experience the old design - now, I'm kind of sad it's being renovated :-)

All suites were sold out, but my standard king room had an amazing view of Lake Michigan, Water Tower Place, the Water Tower, and many other buildings. I spent a bunch of my stay on the window bench watching TV (funny that this is the first PH I've stayed at with Chromecast functionality) and admiring the view. I also loved the opening from the bathroom to the room - watching TV from the tub was a great novelty. I'm glad that the opening is staying post-renovation, but I'll be sad at the tub change as the current tub is large and built for laying in (no hard edge for the neck). The bed itself seemed firm at first, but it honestly gave me an amazing sleep (I was out for seven hours straight and woke up with no idea where I was).

Breakfast at NoMI was great - delicious chocolate chip pancakes and a generous side of bacon (four strips).

The only real negatives were the lack of proactive turndown service and the lack of a welcome gift (although, I think some of my recent stays spoiled me).

Honestly, I can tell that some of the room is worn, but I really liked the traditional luxury feel of the room - I felt very classy.
strickerj and hp12c like this.
Old Oct 19, 2021, 12:33 pm

Originally Posted by ElevatorEnthusiast
I also loved the opening from the bathroom to the room - watching TV from the tub was a great novelty. I'm glad that the opening is staying post-renovation, but I'll be sad at the tub change as the current tub is large and built for laying in (no hard edge for the neck).
I don’t understand the change to the bathtubs. I know free-standing tubs are trendy, but to your point the new ones look less comfortable. Honestly the new tub reminds me of a plastic cereal bowl or disposable plastic cup. Are they ceramic or fiberglass?
EuropeanPete likes this.
Old Oct 19, 2021, 4:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by _kurt
I don’t understand the change to the bathtubs. I know free-standing tubs are trendy, but to your point the new ones look less comfortable. Honestly the new tub reminds me of a plastic cereal bowl or disposable plastic cup. Are they ceramic or fiberglass?
They definitely are less comfortable. More for Instagram and posing.
EuropeanPete likes this.
Old Oct 20, 2021, 12:46 am

Location: formerly Gold now Diamond, formerly MSY, now LAX, formerly NW, now DL
Programs: Hyatt Plat, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, Delta Diamond/1MM
Had a "night" there this past weekend. LOVED IT! Got a nice corner room with great water tower and lake views as a Globalist. Most importantly was able to check in at 9 am quickly since I just arrived from a red eye (why did I chose that??). Loved the NoMI breakfast, so yummy. The lobster beignets were awesome and as were the chicken and waffles.

The renovations will be complete with new windows to block out more of the city noise.
Old Oct 20, 2021, 10:09 am

Programs: UA LTG, AA LTG, Bonvoy LTP, IHG Plat, LHW Sterling
Originally Posted by _kurt
​​​​​​

I will join in and agree that the pre renovation bathtubs were fabulous. One of the most comfortable tubs I ever recall using.
Old Oct 24, 2021, 8:23 am

Stayed there this weekend, with two adjoining rooms, on two Cat 1-7 certs I needed to burn. I stayed here two or three years ago and was quite critical of the service at the time. Pleased to say it vastly improved from that stay. Room service and housekeeping were excellent. Breakfast at NoMi was delicious. From the valet, to the doormen, to the front desk, I was pleased with the attentive and friendly service. In my opinion, this was an impressive turnaround.

Stayed in an unrefurbished room. Showing signs of age but still looks good. Very interested in seeing the new rooms up close.
Old Dec 31, 2021, 4:07 pm

Programs: MB Ambassador, WOH Globalist, HH Diamond (Aspire), AA Gold, UA (*G) Gold
Just stopped by the front desk - the reopening goal is May (June at the latest). I definitely need to make a post-renovation visit this year.
TravelLawyer likes this.
Old Jan 30, 2022, 7:54 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glob; UA 1K; BonVoyage LTT (RIP SPG); HH Dia; JX Insighter
Reopening now targeted for July 4.
Old Mar 30, 2022, 5:44 pm
Suspended
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta Gold Medallion, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
All days in July showing $2,436/night. Must be a glitch
Old Apr 30, 2022, 10:24 pm

Availability for both Cash and point rewards is now showing correctly for July 4th onwards.

July 4-7 seems to even be off-peak as of now, so I may check it out during their reopening.
Old May 3, 2022, 6:02 am
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Qatar Airways, Hyatt, Hilton, Marriott, IHG
New article out of HospitalityNet with some details of the renovation, and a new photo of an updated room. Highlights:
  • Reopening July 1st, 2022
  • Renovation project has cost 60 million USD
  • 23 new suites added
  • New original art all over the hotel
  • Large-sized Le Labo bath amenities
  • Triple-glazed windows [I'm all over this - yes please]
Bring on the flagship!

khabah

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.