Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Park Hyatt Chicago REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Park Hyatt Chicago REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Old Aug 7, 2022, 8:53 pm
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Pretty good pics of the room/suite more flattering than I've seen previously but like the dog by far better than the furniture
Def seems refreshed
Old Aug 8, 2022, 5:28 pm

Programs: MB Ambassador, WOH Globalist, HH Diamond (Aspire), AA Gold, UA (*G) Gold
I deeply enjoyed my post-renovation stay at the Park Hyatt Chicago and found the entire hotel to be a vast improvement than it was pre-renovation. I would easily return - Chicago has so many good choices it's hard to choose!

Pros:
  • Breakfast at NoMI is so fantastic - my pancakes, eggs, bacon, and coffee were even more fantastic than the beautiful Lake Michigan view and was fully covered (came out to around $45)
  • Upgraded to a Chicago Avenue Suite on the 18th (top) floor
  • Service was much better and uniform than my last stay - bellhop rang in my name to the front desk before check-in, everyone saying Good Morning across the lobby as I walked off the elevator
  • Suite was frankly beautiful, and furnishings were quite comfortable
  • They have kept many of the great aspects - bathrooms open to windows, window benches
  • No issue with 4 PM checkout
  • Turndown service offered
  • Handwritten note from the GM (though, no welcome gift - Marriott has spoiled me with the macarons they keep giving me)
  • Shower was fantastic - turn on both heads for a light but full water flow that is peaceful and effective
  • Bean-shaped tub was much more comfortable than it looks
  • Automated Toto washlet toilets
  • I've never seen automated windows shades so quiet
Neutral:
  • The bed linens had a strong similarity to Hyatt Regency linens and were not as plush as other 5 star hotels in competing brands - regardless, I slept very well, and the bed was more comfortable than it looked
Cons:
  • Room was quoted as being ready in 1 hour as no one was occupying it, but it was closer to 1 hour and 45 minutes
  • Mirror lights in dressing room non-functional - was told these were disabled across the hotel for safety
  • No real working desk - small table and chair - I chose to work on the window bench, which was kind of novel and not too uncomfortable

DELee, CLEguy, Travel4Love and 4 others like this.
Old Aug 8, 2022, 5:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by ElevatorEnthusiast
Is that a spare robe in the drawer?

David
Old Aug 8, 2022, 5:43 pm

Programs: MB Ambassador, WOH Globalist, HH Diamond (Aspire), AA Gold, UA (*G) Gold
Originally Posted by DELee
Is that a spare robe in the drawer?

David
Yep, and two pairs of slippers (didn't need as the wood floor kept a warm temperature).
Old Aug 8, 2022, 10:11 pm
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

How’s the bed soft medium or firm?
Old Aug 9, 2022, 5:26 am

Originally Posted by 777 global mile hound
Hows the bed soft medium or firm?
Medium - it's definitely a mattress rather than a cloud but is not at all springy.
Old Aug 9, 2022, 7:18 am

Programs: Hyatt Glob; UA 1K; BonVoyage LTT (RIP SPG); HH Dia; JX Insighter
Originally Posted by ElevatorEnthusiast
Mirror lights in dressing room non-functional - was told these were disabled across the hotel for safety
This is getting into "stupidest, least substantive thing you can complain about" territory, but...what?
madmanshoney likes this.
Old Aug 9, 2022, 7:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by CLEguy
This is getting into "stupidest, least substantive thing you can complain about" territory, but...what?
Women would care if its the Hollywood bulblights around a makeup mirror.
Old Aug 9, 2022, 7:27 am

Originally Posted by CLEguy
Perhaps the safety issue was that they were too bright and made guests too full of themselves :-)

Of course, I included it for interest and definitely am not holding this point as a negative against the property. I'm not crazy.
TravisMT81 likes this.
Old Aug 17, 2022, 9:21 am

Programs: Delta Plat, Hyatt Globalist, HIlton Diamond
I just booked a week at the Park Hyatt. The first 4 days for work and then wife joining for the weekend. I was able to book the Chicago Ave Suite but also had the option for the Nomi Suite. As I'm not traveling with kids and don't really need the second bedroom, would the Nomi suite be a more interesting option? Side note: The Twitter concierge is awesome. I really appreciate all of their help
MasterPlanner likes this.
Old Aug 18, 2022, 12:21 pm

Programs: UA LTG, AA LTG, Bonvoy LTP, IHG Plat, LHW Sterling
Originally Posted by eternalX
I just booked a week at the Park Hyatt. The first 4 days for work and then wife joining for the weekend. I was able to book the Chicago Ave Suite but also had the option for the Nomi Suite. As I'm not traveling with kids and don't really need the second bedroom, would the Nomi suite be a more interesting option? Side note: The Twitter concierge is awesome. I really appreciate all of their help
I have not stayed since the renovation, but it looks like they have added a considerable number of both regular and suite room types with SQ FT-ages all over the map. Can't even imagine what a Nomi suite would be based on my previous stays. For me, I always loved the lake view rooms in the center of the building (rooms on either side have one of the neighboring central rooms jutting out and obstructing views). I turned down an upgrade many years ago to a Chicago Ave suite as I did not particularly like the room layout and the view was just generic city view. Strange as it may seem, to me at least, those central lake view rooms at the PHC have a very engaging view worth making an effort to enjoy. One of my favorite city view rooms anywhere.

Last edited by schriste; Aug 18, 2022 at 4:11 pm
Old Aug 19, 2022, 1:15 pm

Programs: AA (EXP, 3 MM), Hyatt Globalist, Taj InnerCircle Silver, MLife Noir, former LHW-Aurelian
Originally Posted by eternalX
I was in a similar boat. Couldn't figure out what the NOMI suite really was (nor the 'Park Suite') so picked the Chicago (also it was list priced ~$400 greater than the NOMI). Any data points from folks?
Old Aug 19, 2022, 1:17 pm

Programs: AA (EXP, 3 MM), Hyatt Globalist, Taj InnerCircle Silver, MLife Noir, former LHW-Aurelian
Originally Posted by schriste
Strange as it may seem, to me at least, those central lake view rooms at the PHC have a very engaging view worth making an effort to enjoy. One of my favorite city view rooms anywhere.
Agreed!
Old Sep 16, 2022, 5:50 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Lifetime Gold, Hilton Silver, Delta Platinum, AA Platinum Pro
Is the property still serving morning coffee in the little room off the lobby library?
Old Sep 16, 2022, 5:54 pm

Originally Posted by IndyJeffrey
Is the property still serving morning coffee in the little room off the lobby library?
When we were there two months ago, yes.
IndyJeffrey likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.