Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency JFK Airport at Resorts World New York - REVIEW MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Regency JFK Airport at Resorts World New York - REVIEW MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Sep 24, 2022, 8:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Visconti
LOL...Need a new Macbook? And, on the far wall near the food station, they have two screens all playing the same network, Fox News in this case. Now, I have nothing against Fox or any other network, but on both screens?

Anyway, during the evenings, they generally have some bacon wrapped over scallops on a skewer stick that I find pretty good. But, yeah, the rest is underwhelming and basically a menu from the carb-crazed era of yesteryear.
I guess no one ever asked them to change one to CNN? I barely ever looked at them during the meal times.
Old Sep 24, 2022, 10:25 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
Blueberries and strawberries, I’m happy.
Aventine and ALGU like this.
Old Sep 24, 2022, 11:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by beachfan
Very much appreciated here too. Fresh yogurt is gone and Ziggis/Chobani kept inside kitchen area.
ALGU likes this.
Old Sep 24, 2022, 3:06 pm

Programs: OWE, *Gold, STE+, Globalist, Titanium, Spire, Diamond
Originally Posted by Aventine
Both sides of the bed could use the iHome charging base or else bring your super long charging cords. Inexplicable to not put USB3.0 charging and plugs on each bedside.

There’s 2 AC and 2 USB-A ports on each side of the headboard or 8 total on the headboard plus the two USB-A and wireless charging on the iHome. 11 bedside charging options is quite the overkill, lol.
Old Sep 24, 2022, 3:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ALGU
There’s 2 AC and 2 USB-A ports on each side of the headboard or 8 total on the headboard plus the two USB-A and wireless charging on the iHome. 11 bedside charging options is quite the overkill, lol.
Thanks for pointing that out lol. Must be the jetlag because never saw those before you pointed them out.
ALGU likes this.
Old Sep 24, 2022, 3:43 pm

Programs: OWE, *Gold, STE+, Globalist, Titanium, Spire, Diamond
Thanks for pointing that out lol. Must be the jetlag because never saw those before you pointed them out.
No worries, didn’t catch it on first glance either.

On a side note, even though it’s one of the nicer “JFK” hotels, it doesn’t seem to be completely immune from the reputation of its counterparts. There was a bit of NYPD and even federal agents (not CBP or TSA) in uniform going up the elevator today.
Old Sep 24, 2022, 5:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ALGU
No worries, didn’t catch it on first glance either.

On a side note, even though it’s one of the nicer “JFK” hotels, it doesn’t seem to be completely immune from the reputation of its counterparts. There was a bit of NYPD and even federal agents (not CBP or TSA) in uniform going up the elevator today.
I guess that's why there's constant mall security guarding the entrance to the room elevators.
Old Sep 26, 2022, 12:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Property seemingly replaced all the beer and wine glasses and glassware with all-purpose plastic tumblers. RC seems to be losing quality by a thousand cuts.

Last edited by Aventine; Sep 26, 2022 at 12:08 pm
Old Sep 28, 2022, 7:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

They also shrank the size of the takeaway cups to a Starbucks equivalent short size.
Old Sep 28, 2022, 7:11 am

Programs: AA EXP, BA Gold, VS Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
They also shrank the size of the takeaway cups to a Starbucks equivalent short size.
Probably for the best. The coffee there is absolutely vile.
Old Sep 28, 2022, 7:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
​​​​​
Originally Posted by beachfan
Would be nice to have blackberries!
Old Sep 28, 2022, 8:12 am

Originally Posted by coleslaw
Probably for the best. The coffee there is absolutely vile.
Yeah, the "coffee maker" on the wall behind the buffet station? While I wouldn't ordinarily use the word "vile" with coffee, it's fitting here. Whatever liquid this thing dispenses, I'm not sure I'm going to drink it, ever again.
lsquare likes this.
Old Sep 28, 2022, 8:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by visconti
yeah, the "coffee maker" on the wall behind the buffet station? While i wouldn't ordinarily use the word "vile" with coffee, it's fitting here. Whatever liquid this thing dispenses, i'm not sure i'm going to drink it, ever again.
🤣🤣🤣😂😂😂
Visconti likes this.
Old Sep 28, 2022, 8:48 am

Programs: AA EXP, BA Gold, VS Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Visconti
Yeah, the "coffee maker" on the wall behind the buffet station? While I wouldn't ordinarily use the word "vile" with coffee, it's fitting here. Whatever liquid this thing dispenses, I'm not sure I'm going to drink it, ever again.
Exactly. And I am very sure I will not be drinking it again.
Old Sep 28, 2022, 9:01 am

Originally Posted by coleslaw
Exactly. And I am very sure I will not be drinking it again.
Yeah, seriously. Jokes aside, I was pretty relieved after a few days where I hadn't experienced any gastronomical issues.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.