Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Sept 15 - Dec 15 2019 Double Points Promo (HP Triple Points)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 11, 2019, 10:00 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SanDiego1K
Register here:
https://world.hyatt.com/content/gp/en/offers/bonus-journeys.html
Print Wikipost

Hyatt Sept 15 - Dec 15 2019 Double Points Promo (HP Triple Points)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 22, 2019, 4:42 am
skj

Programs: UA 2MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by She
The terms and conditions say "First Eligible Stay can be at any participating property during the Promotion Period to trigger Bonus Point eligibility for any future stays."

Considering booking a stay nearby so I can earn the bonus points for the stay next month. Does the first eligible stay have to be at a Hyatt Place or can it be another Hyatt brand?
Your first stay does not have to be at a Hyatt Place. It can be at any Hyatt brand. My first stay for this promo was at a Hyatt House, for example.
She likes this.
Old Oct 25, 2019, 4:35 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globlist, Hilton Silver, Amtrak Select Plus, UA Silver
My second stay results on this promo. When stacked with the double points promo on a $220 rate, is very rich.... I can see why Marriott folks are cancelling their reservations and booking on Hyatt.

Old Oct 25, 2019, 6:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by hotelfanatic
My second stay results on this promo. When stacked with the double points promo on a $220 rate, is very rich.... I can see why Marriott folks are cancelling their reservations and booking on Hyatt.
Yup - imagine a great promo, then imagine the exact opposite, and that's what the clowns at Marriott decided to put out there
dpb132, vandalby and ZBigFam like this.
Old Oct 25, 2019, 11:58 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Personally I hate HP and would avoid it at all costs. I’d love the Double Points and a much better stay at a similarly priced HH. I’ve stayed at 3 HP locations and the rooms are always in a bit of disrepair, the breakfast isn’t that good, and the beds are not comfortable at all I usually have to ask for extra bedding to try to help my back comparing to HH or any other Hyatt.

Is it just me or is this the case for everyone?
Old Oct 26, 2019, 12:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Matt4200
Personally I hate HP and would avoid it at all costs. I’d love the Double Points and a much better stay at a similarly priced HH. I’ve stayed at 3 HP locations and the rooms are always in a bit of disrepair, the breakfast isn’t that good, and the beds are not comfortable at all I usually have to ask for extra bedding to try to help my back comparing to HH or any other Hyatt.

Is it just me or is this the case for everyone?
Ones in Asia are better but a lot of the former Amerisuites properties sound like what you described.
Old Oct 26, 2019, 1:06 am

Originally Posted by Aventine
Ones in Asia are better but a lot of the former Amerisuites properties sound like what you described.
Hmm I guess if I had a long term stay in Asia I might check it out. But for a week vacation or less I’d probably do a HR for the Glob upgrades and benefits.

As far as the Amerisuites HP properties (2) of them I stayed at were on this list but the 3rd wasn’t and it felt pretty similar.

List of AmeriSuites Properties Converted to Hyatt Place

Not sure if the 3rd was just an odd duck out but just the bed hurt by back the whole 4 night stay it was HP Santa Fe which is a Cat 2 so I thought maybe it’d be a little nicer than the other Cat 1 HP locations I stayed at, but nope.

The only one I was even considering was Secaucus/Meadowlands because it’s a Cat 2 and close to Manhattan, but seeing it was previously an Amerisuites concerted to HP gives me much less hope.

In most places I’ve gone where there’s a HP there’s a HH within 5 miles and I’m just saying I’d definitely take a HH over a HP especially since they’re almost always the same Category.
Old Oct 26, 2019, 7:40 am

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globlist, Hilton Silver, Amtrak Select Plus, UA Silver
The new HPs are very nice. I stayed at the HP Pasadena this summer and it was the nicest I've been to. Even nicer than some of the full service Hyatts. Nice gym, huge lobby, and centrally located. But I know what you mean about the Amerisuie places. Terrible bathrooms with the sinks outside the bathroom. I stayed at one of the first HP in NJ over 10 years ago. It felt like a trucker motel. I just bit the bullet back then because it was the 1,2,free promo. .
Old Oct 26, 2019, 11:36 am

The new HPs are very nice. I stayed at the HP Pasadena this summer and it was the nicest I've been to. Even nicer than some of the full service Hyatts. Nice gym, huge lobby, and centrally located. But I know what you mean about the Amerisuie places. Terrible bathrooms with the sinks outside the bathroom. I stayed at one of the first HP in NJ over 10 years ago. It felt like a trucker motel. I just bit the bullet back then because it was the 1,2,free promo. .
I’ll admit HP Pasadena does look promising. Unfortunately I live in SoCal so i’d never have reason to use it. I’d go to Manchester GH in San Diego, or one in San Francisco if I wanted to get away for the weekend. But if I was a Corporate traveler HP Pasadena would be an option. It looks nothing like the ones I’ve stayed at.

We were really upset with HP Dallas Galleria. We were doing a trip through Texas and had stayed at HH Austin Arboretum for 3 nights prior. The weather was in the low 70’s but HH said if you’d like to use the pool it is open. They were very polite, courteous and the rooms were really nice (this was our first ever stay at a Hyatt). Then we drove up to Dallas, by the Galleria, we had two choices HH or HP (they were within 5 mins of each other). Noticing the Brand Explorer and that if we stayed at 5 Hyatt brands we’d get a free night. Since we had already stayed at HH, even though it was really nice and the same Category (we were paying with points) HP would be more beneficial, because we’d be a step closer to a Free Night at a Category 4 Hyatt.

Thinking that the Hyatt Brand is a very exclusive high end brand we thought even their lowest hotel would be better (or the same quality) than Holiday Inn Express (which the one we had stayed at in San Antonio was pretty decent I’d say 3/5).

It definitely was not. There were tons of corporate travelers and meetings our entire stay, the breakfast did not match up at all with HH and the pool was closed our entire stay even though the weather was the same as it was in Austin. At check in they gave us a card for things you can request. My SO wanted to request about 10 things that were listed. Of those 10 only 4 were actually available so that’s not really good customer service. Another issue for us was that they did not have the Disney channel or Nickelodeon which HH Austin did. Normally not a big deal, but when you’re traveling with a toddler it’s a huge deal. Other than that just the sink being outside the bathroom is awkward, and the beds were really uncomfortable. My SO has said if we ever have to go to a HP again I’m bringing a mattress topper so we can be comfortable.

The layout and designs of the rooms overall isn’t bad, it’s just the quality that’s in them, and just everything else in our experience.
ZBigFam likes this.
Old Nov 8, 2019, 5:48 pm

Can't get enough of this promo.

Old Nov 8, 2019, 6:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
High ADR at a HP goes a long way!
Old Nov 8, 2019, 11:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Matt4200
I’ll admit HP Pasadena does look promising. Unfortunately I live in SoCal so i’d never have reason to use it. I’d go to Manchester GH in San Diego, or one in San Francisco if I wanted to get away for the weekend. But if I was a Corporate traveler HP Pasadena would be an option. It looks nothing like the ones I’ve stayed at.

We were really upset with HP Dallas Galleria. We were doing a trip through Texas and had stayed at HH Austin Arboretum for 3 nights prior. The weather was in the low 70’s but HH said if you’d like to use the pool it is open. They were very polite, courteous and the rooms were really nice (this was our first ever stay at a Hyatt). Then we drove up to Dallas, by the Galleria, we had two choices HH or HP (they were within 5 mins of each other). Noticing the Brand Explorer and that if we stayed at 5 Hyatt brands we’d get a free night. Since we had already stayed at HH, even though it was really nice and the same Category (we were paying with points) HP would be more beneficial, because we’d be a step closer to a Free Night at a Category 4 Hyatt.

Thinking that the Hyatt Brand is a very exclusive high end brand we thought even their lowest hotel would be better (or the same quality) than Holiday Inn Express (which the one we had stayed at in San Antonio was pretty decent I’d say 3/5).

It definitely was not. There were tons of corporate travelers and meetings our entire stay, the breakfast did not match up at all with HH and the pool was closed our entire stay even though the weather was the same as it was in Austin. At check in they gave us a card for things you can request. My SO wanted to request about 10 things that were listed. Of those 10 only 4 were actually available so that’s not really good customer service. Another issue for us was that they did not have the Disney channel or Nickelodeon which HH Austin did. Normally not a big deal, but when you’re traveling with a toddler it’s a huge deal. Other than that just the sink being outside the bathroom is awkward, and the beds were really uncomfortable. My SO has said if we ever have to go to a HP again I’m bringing a mattress topper so we can be comfortable.

The layout and designs of the rooms overall isn’t bad, it’s just the quality that’s in them, and just everything else in our experience.
HP as a brand comparable to other low end brands but you won't be getting PH level quality. Some individual HPs (especially the Amerisuite conversions) can be worse than Hampton Inns, Holiday Inns, etc.
Old Nov 10, 2019, 2:19 pm
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA
Can't get enough of this promo.

couldn"t agree more....

Old Nov 10, 2019, 2:33 pm

Programs: BMI Diamond Club Gold forever
Although I missed the fine print initially and booked other properties when I should have gone with Hyatt Place for 3x bonus, I’m still racking up a ton of points. I have a few long stays at park Hyatts in Asia over the next six weeks which should generate lots of bonus points. A very well-timed promo for me given my stay plans.
Old Nov 10, 2019, 2:48 pm

Interesting note -

When you get points for declining daily maid service they’re doubled or tripled with this promo.

Currently staying a weeklong stay and have been declining maid service and the points are added daily to WOH, except double the posted points you’re supposed to get.
Old Nov 10, 2019, 2:58 pm

Programs: UA GS 1MM, Amex Centurion, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Ambassador
Wait a minute - for folks paying for double points rates, are you getting the Q3 promo applied to the base points + double points? i.e. if you get 1k points for the base stay, you pay for a double points rate and get another 1k points, is the Q3 promo getting you an additional 2k points? If so, all of my previous promo calculations have been wrong...(I've only been receiving Q3 promo double points on the base rate, NOT the base + double points total)

Last edited by immaculate; Nov 10, 2019 at 3:04 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.