Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Sept 15 - Dec 15 2019 Double Points Promo (HP Triple Points)

Hyatt Sept 15 - Dec 15 2019 Double Points Promo (HP Triple Points)

    Hide Wikipost
Old Sep 11, 19, 2:00 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.
 
Last edit by: SanDiego1K
Wiki Link
Print Wikipost

Old Sep 6, 19, 8:31 pm
  #1  
Original Poster
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 25+ Badge
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Homeless
Programs: M&M SEN; AC SE100k; Qatar Plat; HH Dia; SPG AMB100; Hyatt Globalist; Fairmont Plat
Posts: 2,233
Hyatt Sept 15 - Dec 15 2019 Double Points Promo (HP Triple Points)

I am not seeing this anywhere online yet, but I received the e-mail below from my Hyatt Concierge who proactively signed me up!

Hot off the Presses! I'm excited to announce that World of Hyatt is offering a special promotion, which I have now registered you for!

Starting with your second eligible stay in the Promotion Period, between September 15, 2019 – December 15, 2019:

*Earn Triple Points on eligible spend at Hyatt Place hotels
*Earn Double Points on eligible spend at all other Hyatt hotels worldwide and participating M life Rewards destinations and Small Luxury hotels of the World hotels
*Stays: September 15, 2019 - December 15, 2019 (Only nights starting with the second stay during the Promotion Period will be eligible for Bonus Points.)
*Members can earn a maximum of 200K Bonus Points (100K for each part of the offer)
Nights will be tracked and Bonus Points awarded automatically
escape4 is offline  
Old Sep 6, 19, 9:56 pm
  #2  
Moderator, Delta Skymiles and Mileage Run
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Seat 2A
Programs: DL Diamond, Hyatt Diamond, former AS MVPG 75K, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Posts: 1,780
Triple points is pretty good, will rebook a few stays to Hyatt Place
ryandc99 is offline  
Old Sep 6, 19, 10:13 pm
  #3  
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: San Francisco
Programs: Alaska 75K (RIP VX), UA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Plat, Sixt Plat, Hertz PC, National Exec
Posts: 57
Nice, you've got quite the concierge!

I wonder if one booked a 'Double Your Points' rate at a Hyatt Place, you could potentially earn 5x points?

At the moment, I have at least two DYP rate stays booked during the promotion period, although not at HP's. Albeit, 4x points is still pretty lucrative, especially on a $300+/night rate!
mixmastermark is offline  
Old Sep 6, 19, 10:15 pm
  #4  
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Minneapolis: DL DM charter 2.3MM
Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Posts: 83,791
Originally Posted by mixmastermark View Post
Nice, you've got quite the concierge!

I wonder if one booked a 'Double Your Points' rate at a Hyatt Place, you could potentially earn 5x points?

At the moment, I have at least two DYP rate stays booked during the promotion period, although not at HP's. Albeit, 4x points is still pretty lucrative, especially on a $300+/night rate!
Normally these double/triple promos appl;y only to base points. For instance, the elite bonus points aren't doubles/tripled.
MSPeconomist is offline  
Old Sep 6, 19, 10:23 pm
  #5  
Moderator: Mileage Run, InterContinental Hotels & Radisson Hotel Group
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 5,424
Let me be the first low spender to say, what a disappointment that there isn't another stay 5/10/20/40 nights, earn 5k/15k/30k/60k points type promo. High spenders, please enjoy your fall!
ryandc99 likes this.
jpdx is online now  
Old Sep 6, 19, 10:47 pm
  #6  
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Barcelona, London, on a plane
Programs: BA Gold, TK E+, IB+, VS FC, Hyatt Globalist, MR Plat Prem, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Posts: 7,200
Originally Posted by jpdx View Post
Let me be the first low spender to say, what a disappointment that there isn't another stay 5/10/20/40 nights, earn 5k/15k/30k/60k points type promo. High spenders, please enjoy your fall!
+1. I had lined up my final push to Globalist (and beyond) to potentially do 40 nights this autumn.

Now I will stop at 55 nights and not a single night more...
craigthemif is offline  
Old Sep 6, 19, 11:51 pm
  #7  
Moderator: Hyatt Gold Passport & Star Alliance
 
Join Date: May 1998
Location: London, UK
Programs: UA-1K 3MM/AA-Plat/HY-Globalist/BA-CCR/GGL/Gold for Life
Posts: 10,595
The press release on this is embargoed until Monday which is why it's not public yet.
Brendan and craigthemif like this.
Markie is offline  
Old Sep 7, 19, 1:30 pm
  #8  
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: Miami, Florida
Programs: UA Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold, IHG Spire
Posts: 3,396
Originally Posted by craigthemif View Post
+1. I had lined up my final push to Globalist (and beyond) to potentially do 40 nights this autumn.

Now I will stop at 55 nights and not a single night more...
Good grief.
ryandc99, laxsnaogg and MarkOK like this.
joe_miami is offline  
Old Sep 7, 19, 2:05 pm
  #9  
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: SFO
Programs: SPG Plt
Posts: 310
Disappointed to see yet another promotion that gives no bonus until the second stay. Seems all the chains are doing the same thing. As we only have one stay booked in this period, which is on the expensive side, makes me think about whether or not to look elsewhere.
Toula is offline  
Old Sep 7, 19, 2:09 pm
  #10  
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: Miami, Florida
Programs: UA Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold, IHG Spire
Posts: 3,396
Originally Posted by Toula View Post
Disappointed to see yet another promotion that gives no bonus until the second stay. Seems all the chains are doing the same thing. As we only have one stay booked in this period, which is on the expensive side, makes me think about whether or not to look elsewhere.
The point is to incentivize further business, not reward people for existing one-off stays.

Given the current occupancy rates, I’m amazed Hyatt’s 2019 promos have been so generous, and yet people are complaining. Incredible.
joe_miami is offline  
Old Sep 7, 19, 3:01 pm
  #11  
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Programs: PC Platinum Ambassador, Hyatt Diamond
Posts: 2,777
Have an award stay in the period already and then an SLH stay in December that I will get double points on, so that's something. Probably like 3500 points. Free points so I'll take them. Definitely not enough to drive new business from me though.
antonius66 is offline  
Old Sep 7, 19, 7:41 pm
  #12  
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: SFO
Programs: SPG Plt
Posts: 310
Originally Posted by joe_miami View Post
The point is to incentivize further business, not reward people for existing one-off stays.

Given the current occupancy rates, I’m amazed Hyatt’s 2019 promos have been so generous, and yet people are complaining. Incredible.
I agree with your statement. However, we are in the position of having another 70+ nights in hotels through the end of the year. Whilst 40 of those nights are committed to Marriott due to location, there are another 30 nights on the table. We are not hotel hoppers, so it's a right proper pain to start a promo period with a 5+ night stay that won't qualify for the bonus points. A promo may not get me to stay if the hotels available are not to my liking, however if it's a tiebreaker with a second option, if points offered are significantly more I will book with Hyatt.
gspurr likes this.
Toula is offline  
Old Sep 7, 19, 9:22 pm
  #13  
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: GVA (Greater Vancouver Area)
Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.021MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CWC Au-197; CCC Elite; WoH Dis
Posts: 49,335
Originally Posted by antonius66 View Post
Have an award stay in the period already and then an SLH stay in December that I will get double points on, so that's something.
Does Hyatt really count an award stay as an eligible stay for promos?
mahasamatman is offline  
Old Sep 8, 19, 3:03 am
  #14  
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: Miami, Florida
Programs: UA Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold, IHG Spire
Posts: 3,396
Yes, they count.
joe_miami is offline  
Old Sep 8, 19, 12:20 pm
  #15  
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Barcelona, London, on a plane
Programs: BA Gold, TK E+, IB+, VS FC, Hyatt Globalist, MR Plat Prem, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Posts: 7,200
Might have to wait for the T&Cs, but I wonder if an award stay with check out on 15th will trigger the promo so that an expensive paid stay starting on 15th gets the bonus...
craigthemif is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread