Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Sept 15 - Dec 15 2019 Double Points Promo (HP Triple Points)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 11, 2019, 10:00 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SanDiego1K
Register here:
https://world.hyatt.com/content/gp/en/offers/bonus-journeys.html
Print Wikipost

Hyatt Sept 15 - Dec 15 2019 Double Points Promo (HP Triple Points)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 10, 2019, 6:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by joe_miami
The point is to incentivize further business, not reward people for existing one-off stays.
Then perhaps they shouldn’t count stays that are already booked, as it wouldn’t be spend incentivised by this promo.

Or... why not require ten stays before the promo kicks in. Just as logical as one stay that doesn’t count.

In my case, I have a stay coming up that could have gone to Hyatt or Hilton. With Hilton I get 3X points, and Hyatt gives me 1X. My free agent calculator tells me that Hilton is the way to go.
Old Sep 10, 2019, 7:55 am

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globlist, Hilton Silver, Amtrak Select Plus, UA Silver
I am surprised some long time posters has not yet realize Hilton points are not equal to Hyatt points. That is why I personally refuses to stay at a Hilton due to their points structure and dynamic points redemption base on regional events.

Back on topic - I have a bunch of reservations with double points rate at a Hyatt Place. I assume the 3X will be on top of the 2X which will make this promo the mother of all promos for some of us
UA-NYC likes this.
Old Sep 10, 2019, 8:30 am

Programs: AAdvantage ExecPlat, World of Hyatt Globalist, plain "member" of Marriott, IHG, enterprise, etc.
Originally Posted by jgsx
I know Hilton automatically combines consecutive stays once the system catches up. Does Hyatt do the same?
I don't think it's automatic -- Most of the time I check in, the front desk catches the back to back reservations and combined them already. A few times, they didn't though and I had to point it out, which usually only took them a few seconds to look up and combine after that.

I would be surprised if someone is able to have back to back reservations, actually 'check out' after the first night (which means physically leave the room, hand in your keys, trigger a receipt and a 'stay'), and then turn around and check back in on a second stay.
Old Sep 10, 2019, 9:01 am
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA
Originally Posted by MarkOK
I would be surprised if someone is able to have back to back reservations, actually 'check out' after the first night (which means physically leave the room, hand in your keys, trigger a receipt and a 'stay'), and then turn around and check back in on a second stay.
I agree, under gold passport and having stays drive tier levels, back-to-back stays were always considered as 1 stay. I do not think that their IT has changed this logic... so doubt it will work.
Old Sep 10, 2019, 10:21 am
Suspended

Programs: AA ExPlat, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Spire, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by notquiteaff
Then perhaps they shouldn’t count stays that are already booked, as it wouldn’t be spend incentivised by this promo.
This would be silly, since most stays can be canceled and rebooked without penalty and would therefore just create a lot of hassle for all parties.

Or... why not require ten stays before the promo kicks in. Just as logical as one stay that doesn’t count.
Now you're just throwing a tantrum.

In my case, I have a stay coming up that could have gone to Hyatt or Hilton. With Hilton I get 3X points, and Hyatt gives me 1X. My free agent calculator tells me that Hilton is the way to go.
If your calculator is telling you that 3x Hilton is worth more than even 1x Hyatt, your calculator is broken.
Old Sep 10, 2019, 11:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by hotelfanatic
Back on topic - I have a bunch of reservations with double points rate at a Hyatt Place. I assume the 3X will be on top of the 2X which will make this promo the mother of all promos for some of us
Double points rates would be:
  • 5 base points
  • 5 bonus points from double point rate
  • 10 bonus points from 3x promo
20 points per USD --> roughly 30-35% rebate. Very nice, especially if spending OPM.
Old Sep 10, 2019, 12:28 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by craigthemif
Double points rates would be:
  • 5 base points
20 points per USD --> roughly 30-35% rebate. Very nice, especially if spending OPM.
All in, double points rates would be:
  • 5 base points
  • 4 base points when paying with WoH CC
  • 1.5 base points (Globalist 30% bonus)
25.5 points per USD --> roughly 40-50% rebate. Very nice, especially if spending OPM.

Not high enough to mattress run, but definitely an easy way to nudge someone towards requalifying or to move stays from something else over to Hyatt.
Old Sep 10, 2019, 12:32 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA Plat Pro, AS MVP 75K
Oh boy, I used points to grab a Hyatt Place next month, might need to rebook the cash rate..
MarkOK likes this.
Old Sep 10, 2019, 12:42 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by jameswes
All in, double points rates would be:
  • 5 base points
  • 4 base points when paying with WoH CC
  • 1.5 base points (Globalist 30% bonus)
25.5 points per USD --> roughly 40-50% rebate. Very nice, especially if spending OPM.

Not high enough to mattress run, but definitely an easy way to nudge someone towards requalifying or to move stays from something else over to Hyatt.
How do you get 10 for triple points when you're also adding the 5 for double points?

It should be either 10 or 15 points per dollar plus any additional elite and credit card bonus points.
Old Sep 10, 2019, 12:44 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
How do you get 10 for triple points when you're also adding the 5 for double points?

It should be either 10 or 15 points per dollar plus any additional elite and credit card bonus points.
Talking about a double-points rate.
Old Sep 10, 2019, 2:17 pm

Programs: Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, Marriott Gold, BA Gold
I still haven't received the promo email?
Am I the only one???
Old Sep 10, 2019, 2:25 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Sophoclefr
Am I the only one???
I haven’t either, but I almost never get them.
Old Sep 10, 2019, 2:44 pm
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA
Originally Posted by Sophoclefr
Am I the only one???
Just check the offers on the homepage, where you can also register. I did not get an email either.
Old Sep 10, 2019, 4:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by mnredfox
Glad to see this promo. Will help motivate me to hit 70/80/90 etc nights.

I know many folks call this super generous on Hyatt’s part but if you’re a pure points hoarder, why would you stay at a Hyatt over a Hilton who has 3x promo going on. If it’s a pleasure stay I get it, but for anything else...
Late to the party...but maybe because Hilton has the worst benefits for top tier, and gives it away for free basically via CC?
Old Sep 11, 2019, 12:00 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, AA Plat, UA Silver, Delta Silver
If only they had announced this sooner. I might be able to book some nights but I already committed to a bunch of prepaid Hilton nights for their promo for fall.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.