Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Sept 15 - Dec 15 2019 Double Points Promo (HP Triple Points)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 11, 2019, 10:00 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SanDiego1K
Register here:
https://world.hyatt.com/content/gp/en/offers/bonus-journeys.html
Print Wikipost

Hyatt Sept 15 - Dec 15 2019 Double Points Promo (HP Triple Points)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 9, 2019, 6:54 am

Programs: UA Plat MM, AA Gold MM, Marriott LTT, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Markie
The press release on this is embargoed until Monday which is why it's not public yet.
It's now Monday. I haven't found any public notification yet and how to sign up.

This promotion will provide incentive for me to stay with Hyatt beyond 100 nights.
Old Sep 9, 2019, 8:13 am

Programs: AAdvantage ExecPlat, World of Hyatt Globalist, plain "member" of Marriott, IHG, enterprise, etc.
Originally Posted by Toula
Disappointed to see yet another promotion that gives no bonus until the second stay. Seems all the chains are doing the same thing. As we only have one stay booked in this period, which is on the expensive side, makes me think about whether or not to look elsewhere.
I agree that it is annoying. On the last promo like this (last spring; think there were 1000 bonus points per night starting on the second stay; extra 500 at HP/HH), I had a week-long stay followed by a few 1 night stays sprinkeled within the promo period. and I didn't have time to mattress run a 1 night stay before my week long trip, nor could I work logistics to edit my week long trip to have a first night somewhere else. Ended up with only 3500 bonus points over a period with 10 nights (a rearrangement of the same travel would have given me 9500 points).

----------
Anyways,
My next few months are completely travel free right now, but this promo will definitely motivate me to do a few personal trips I've been wanting to do and hash up a work trip or two. But this time, I'll be sure to get a quick 1 night stay in upfront. I have a TSU that expires in February I need to burn, I am at 61 nights YTD, and expect to earn another 8 via credit card earn, leaving me to end the year at 69 nights+whatever I do.

Thus, I will shoot for the 80 night award, and do what I can to get something useful out of my TSU .....
Old Sep 9, 2019, 10:04 am

By the way, where do you folks sign up for this?
Old Sep 9, 2019, 10:20 am

Programs: Bonvoy Gold, IHG Platinum, WoH Explorist
Promo is officially out: https://world.hyatt.com/content/gp/e...-journeys.html

It looks like you could use a FN Award for the first night and start earning with the successive nights during the promo period.
Markie, TerryK, 59Impala and 2 others like this.
Old Sep 9, 2019, 11:04 am

Have a stay from Sept 14-17th. Does anyone know from previous experiences with these promos if this would could as the first stay? **Keeping my fingers crossed**
Old Sep 9, 2019, 1:19 pm
Suspended

Programs: United GS+
If I book a consecutive award then revenue stay at the same property, would the revenue stay count as my second stay for this promo?
Old Sep 9, 2019, 1:59 pm

Programs: AAdvantage ExecPlat, World of Hyatt Globalist, plain "member" of Marriott, IHG, enterprise, etc.
Originally Posted by jgsx
If I book a consecutive award then revenue stay at the same property, would the revenue stay count as my second stay for this promo?
I wouldn't take that risk -- they will most likely (definitely?) count that as one stay.
Old Sep 9, 2019, 2:00 pm

Originally Posted by tanzaniancane
Have a stay from Sept 14-17th. Does anyone know from previous experiences with these promos if this would could as the first stay? **Keeping my fingers crossed**
I think so -- The check out date is what usually counts in WOH. Similarly, a stay that ends Dec 16th wouldn't count for anything no matter when it started.
Old Sep 9, 2019, 2:20 pm
skj

Programs: UA 2MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by tanzaniancane
Yes, it counts. From the FAQs:

7. I have a stay with a check-in date before the Promotion Period begins, but a checkout date during the Promotion Period. Will I earn Bonus Points for subsequent stays during the Promotion Period?
Yes, if your first stay begins prior to the Promotion Period but has a checkout date within the Promotion Period then you will earn double or triple Bonus Points (depending on where your stay takes place) on eligible spend for any subsequent stays that occur during the Promotion Period.
MSPeconomist and lamont2718 like this.
Old Sep 9, 2019, 7:16 pm
Suspended

Programs: United GS+
Originally Posted by MarkOK
I wouldn't take that risk -- they will most likely (definitely?) count that as one stay.
I know Hilton automatically combines consecutive stays once the system catches up. Does Hyatt do the same?
Old Sep 9, 2019, 9:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Glad to see this promo. Will help motivate me to hit 70/80/90 etc nights.

I know many folks call this super generous on Hyatt’s part but if you’re a pure points hoarder, why would you stay at a Hyatt over a Hilton who has 3x promo going on. If it’s a pleasure stay I get it, but for anything else...
Old Sep 9, 2019, 10:15 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA ExPlat, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Spire, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by mnredfox

I know many folks call this super generous on Hyatt’s part but if you’re a pure points hoarder, why would you stay at a Hyatt over a Hilton who has 3x promo going on. If it’s a pleasure stay I get it, but for anything else...
For starters, because even one Hyatt point is worth more than 3x Hilton.
Old Sep 9, 2019, 10:38 pm
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA
Originally Posted by mnredfox

Because Hyatt points are more valuable then Hilton points. you need less Hyatt points for a similar redemption.
Old Sep 10, 2019, 2:56 am

Dear concierges,

thanks for this great promotion. Could you clarify some rules for us:
1) If I stay at a Hyatt (not Hyatt Place) hotel first and have a second stay later at a Hyatt Place, will the points triple? Or has the first stay to be at a Hyatt Place too, in order to "activate" the triple points.
2) If I have a stay that starts before December 15, but ends after December 15, will the points of the entire stay be doubled/tripled? Or will there be no promo points at all? Or a mix?

Thank you very much.
Thomas
Old Sep 10, 2019, 5:13 am
skj

Programs: UA 2MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold
These questions are answered in the T&Cs and FAQs for the promotion ...
Originally Posted by Thomas831
1) If I stay at a Hyatt (not Hyatt Place) hotel first and have a second stay later at a Hyatt Place, will the points triple? Or has the first stay to be at a Hyatt Place too, in order to "activate" the triple points.
From the T&Cs ... First Eligible Stay can be at any participating property during the Promotion Period to trigger Bonus Point eligibility for any future stays.
Originally Posted by Thomas831
2) If I have a stay that starts before December 15, but ends after December 15, will the points of the entire stay be doubled/tripled? Or will there be no promo points at all? Or a mix
You won't earn any points from the promo for a stay that ends after 15 December. From the FAQs (note the word "complete") ...

3. When do my qualifying stays need to occur to be eligible for the promotion?
To be eligible for the promotion, you must complete two or more stays at participating hotels between September 15 and December 15, 2019 (“Promotion Period”).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.