FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hyatt | World of Hyatt (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt-world-hyatt-418/)
-   -   Hyatt Sept 15 - Dec 15 2019 Double Points Promo (HP Triple Points) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt-world-hyatt/1986255-hyatt-sept-15-dec-15-2019-double-points-promo-hp-triple-points.html)

escape4 Sep 6, 2019 8:31 pm

Hyatt Sept 15 - Dec 15 2019 Double Points Promo (HP Triple Points)

I am not seeing this anywhere online yet, but I received the e-mail below from my Hyatt Concierge who proactively signed me up! ^

Hot off the Presses! I'm excited to announce that World of Hyatt is offering a special promotion, which I have now registered you for!

Starting with your second eligible stay in the Promotion Period, between September 15, 2019 – December 15, 2019:

*Earn Triple Points on eligible spend at Hyatt Place hotels
*Earn Double Points on eligible spend at all other Hyatt hotels worldwide and participating M life Rewards destinations and Small Luxury hotels of the World hotels
*Stays: September 15, 2019 - December 15, 2019 (Only nights starting with the second stay during the Promotion Period will be eligible for Bonus Points.)
*Members can earn a maximum of 200K Bonus Points (100K for each part of the offer)
Nights will be tracked and Bonus Points awarded automatically

ryandc99 Sep 6, 2019 9:56 pm

Triple points is pretty good, will rebook a few stays to Hyatt Place

mixmastermark Sep 6, 2019 10:13 pm

Nice, you've got quite the concierge! ^

I wonder if one booked a 'Double Your Points' rate at a Hyatt Place, you could potentially earn 5x points?

At the moment, I have at least two DYP rate stays booked during the promotion period, although not at HP's. Albeit, 4x points is still pretty lucrative, especially on a $300+/night rate! :-:

MSPeconomist Sep 6, 2019 10:15 pm

Originally Posted by mixmastermark (Post 31499580)
Nice, you've got quite the concierge! ^

I wonder if one booked a 'Double Your Points' rate at a Hyatt Place, you could potentially earn 5x points?

At the moment, I have at least two DYP rate stays booked during the promotion period, although not at HP's. Albeit, 4x points is still pretty lucrative, especially on a $300+/night rate! :-:

Normally these double/triple promos appl;y only to base points. For instance, the elite bonus points aren't doubles/tripled.

jpdx Sep 6, 2019 10:23 pm

Let me be the first low spender to say, what a disappointment that there isn't another stay 5/10/20/40 nights, earn 5k/15k/30k/60k points type promo. High spenders, please enjoy your fall!

craigthemif Sep 6, 2019 10:47 pm

Originally Posted by jpdx (Post 31499598)
Let me be the first low spender to say, what a disappointment that there isn't another stay 5/10/20/40 nights, earn 5k/15k/30k/60k points type promo. High spenders, please enjoy your fall!

+1. I had lined up my final push to Globalist (and beyond) to potentially do 40 nights this autumn.

Now I will stop at 55 nights and not a single night more...

Markie Sep 6, 2019 11:51 pm

The press release on this is embargoed until Monday which is why it's not public yet.

joe_miami Sep 7, 2019 1:30 pm

Originally Posted by craigthemif (Post 31499631)
+1. I had lined up my final push to Globalist (and beyond) to potentially do 40 nights this autumn.

Now I will stop at 55 nights and not a single night more...

Good grief.

Toula Sep 7, 2019 2:05 pm

Disappointed to see yet another promotion that gives no bonus until the second stay. Seems all the chains are doing the same thing. As we only have one stay booked in this period, which is on the expensive side, makes me think about whether or not to look elsewhere.

joe_miami Sep 7, 2019 2:09 pm

Originally Posted by Toula (Post 31501527)
Disappointed to see yet another promotion that gives no bonus until the second stay. Seems all the chains are doing the same thing. As we only have one stay booked in this period, which is on the expensive side, makes me think about whether or not to look elsewhere.

The point is to incentivize further business, not reward people for existing one-off stays.

Given the current occupancy rates, I’m amazed Hyatt’s 2019 promos have been so generous, and yet people are complaining. Incredible.

antonius66 Sep 7, 2019 3:01 pm

Have an award stay in the period already and then an SLH stay in December that I will get double points on, so that's something. Probably like 3500 points. Free points so I'll take them. Definitely not enough to drive new business from me though.

Toula Sep 7, 2019 7:41 pm

Originally Posted by joe_miami (Post 31501543)
The point is to incentivize further business, not reward people for existing one-off stays.

Given the current occupancy rates, I’m amazed Hyatt’s 2019 promos have been so generous, and yet people are complaining. Incredible.

I agree with your statement. However, we are in the position of having another 70+ nights in hotels through the end of the year. Whilst 40 of those nights are committed to Marriott due to location, there are another 30 nights on the table. We are not hotel hoppers, so it's a right proper pain to start a promo period with a 5+ night stay that won't qualify for the bonus points. A promo may not get me to stay if the hotels available are not to my liking, however if it's a tiebreaker with a second option, if points offered are significantly more I will book with Hyatt.

mahasamatman Sep 7, 2019 9:22 pm

Originally Posted by antonius66 (Post 31501668)
Have an award stay in the period already and then an SLH stay in December that I will get double points on, so that's something.

Does Hyatt really count an award stay as an eligible stay for promos?

joe_miami Sep 8, 2019 3:03 am

Yes, they count.

craigthemif Sep 8, 2019 12:20 pm

Might have to wait for the T&Cs, but I wonder if an award stay with check out on 15th will trigger the promo so that an expensive paid stay starting on 15th gets the bonus...