Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Sept 15 - Dec 15 2019 Double Points Promo (HP Triple Points)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 11, 2019, 10:00 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SanDiego1K
Register here:
https://world.hyatt.com/content/gp/en/offers/bonus-journeys.html
Print Wikipost

Hyatt Sept 15 - Dec 15 2019 Double Points Promo (HP Triple Points)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 22, 2019, 7:27 pm

As a data point, I checked out on 9/16 and have since had 2 stays. Both have had triple points automatically applied. This was separate from the targeted double points promo.
Old Sep 22, 2019, 7:41 pm

Programs: Hyatt LIFETIME Globalist
Originally Posted by jasonvr
No points posted for me in my second stay. Guess I'll have to deal with that this week. First stay checked in Sept 16. Second was 16-18 and only got regular points
Both check ins were on the 16th???
Old Sep 22, 2019, 7:46 pm

Programs: UA Gold/0.744MM, WN AL, Hyatt Diamond, MR Scum, Hertz PC, National Exec, Avis PC
Originally Posted by Maui4me1
Both check ins were on the 16th???
Sorry, typo. First stay checked OUT Sept 16 (check in Sept 15). Second stay checked in Sept 16 and checked out Sept 18
Old Sep 22, 2019, 7:46 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
I can report that my two recent HP stays posted as expected: regular credit for the night of September 14th (checkout September 15th) and then triple (base) points for a one night stay at a different property on September 15th with check in the evening of September 15th and checkout in the afternoon on September 16th. It's not a lot of points but I'll take them.
Old Sep 25, 2019, 4:15 pm

Programs: UA Gold/0.744MM, WN AL, Hyatt Diamond, MR Scum, Hertz PC, National Exec, Avis PC
Getting odd responses from my concierge on the promo points not posting. She keeps insisting they will post separately within 3 weeks of the stay. I've never seen promo points post separately when they're tied to a stay (they of course do post separately when it is something like the 10/15/20 night kinda promo). My coworker already had the points post for his stay last week, and they posted with the stay. I checked out before him as well. Anyone else seeing delays between when the stays post and when the promo points post?
Old Sep 25, 2019, 6:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Mine also posted w/the stay (and it was one that was a dining charge only on an award stay to boot)
Old Sep 26, 2019, 6:03 pm
Moderator, Delta Skymiles and Mileage Run

Programs: DL Diamond/MM, Hyatt Diamond, former AS MVPG 75K, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
Mine posted with the stay, and I had a 9/15 checkout day for the first qualifying stay.
Old Sep 29, 2019, 3:39 pm

As expected, my concierge is wrong. My third stay posted the day after checkout with the promo points. Now I have to convince her that she actually needs to do something about the second stay
Old Oct 1, 2019, 2:55 pm

Programs: AA Pro (mostly B6) OZ♦ (flying BR/UA), BA Silver Hyatt LT, Wynn Black, Cosmo Plat, Mlife Noir
Just adding a data point that I had back-to-back stays at the same hotel (free night then paid nights) and got double points on the paid nights. We'll see if Hyatt eventually ninjas back the points like they did with the last promo.
Old Oct 7, 2019, 2:33 am

Programs: Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, Marriott Gold, BA Gold
Any idea if the bonus apply to meals taken at a Hyatt while not staying at the hotel?
Old Oct 7, 2019, 8:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Sophoclefr
Any idea if the bonus apply to meals taken at a Hyatt while not staying at the hotel?
Not likely. There's no "qualifying stay."
Old Oct 21, 2019, 2:01 pm

Programs: AA Pro (mostly B6) OZ♦ (flying BR/UA), BA Silver Hyatt LT, Wynn Black, Cosmo Plat, Mlife Noir
Originally Posted by gengar
Just adding a data point that I had back-to-back stays at the same hotel (free night then paid nights) and got double points on the paid nights. We'll see if Hyatt eventually ninjas back the points like they did with the last promo.
Points were ninja'd back sometime in the past couple days (more than 3 weeks after the stay). Yikes.
Old Oct 21, 2019, 6:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WN CP, Hilton Diamond
Just a data point to confirm:

My first stay under this promo at HP was Wednesday on points, 5000 at cat 1. Switched to another cat 1 HP the next night. $80 plus $8 tax

Got 1320 for the latter, ($80x5x3) + (80x1.5) for Globalist.
Old Oct 21, 2019, 8:47 pm
She

Have an upcoming stay at a Hyatt Place next month. Is my math correct?

subtotal before tax = $1065 x 5 x 3 = 15,975 points?

The terms and conditions say "First Eligible Stay can be at any participating property during the Promotion Period to trigger Bonus Point eligibility for any future stays."

Considering booking a stay nearby so I can earn the bonus points for the stay next month. Does the first eligible stay have to be at a Hyatt Place or can it be another Hyatt brand?

Last edited by She; Oct 21, 2019 at 9:42 pm
Old Oct 21, 2019, 9:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WN CP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by She
Have an upcoming stay at a Hyatt Place next month. Is my math correct?

subtotal before tax = $1065 x 5 x 3 = 15,975 points?

The terms and conditions say "First Eligible Stay can be at any participating property during the Promotion Period to trigger Bonus Point eligibility for any future stays."

Considering booking a stay nearby so I can earn the bonus points for the stay next month. Does the first eligible stay have to be at a Hyatt Place or can it be another Hyatt brand?
I think in your shoes I would make the first one an HP to be sure.

Ambiguities in the way these guys write T&Cs are annoying.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.