Community
Wiki Posts
Search

hyatt mlife loophole

Search this Thread

Old Jan 7, 2020, 6:47 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by hailstorm
Why would you go H back to M? Shouldn't M back to H be first?
LOL. I don’t even know how to say it anymore. I’m basically trying to figure out if I should reup H now, before it expires in Feb.
Old Jan 7, 2020, 7:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Stgermainparis
LOL. I don’t even know how to say it anymore. I’m basically trying to figure out if I should reup H now, before it expires in Feb.
If you re-up now, you should get Explorist through Feb 2021.
If you wait until March, you may get Explorist through Feb 2022.
Old Jan 7, 2020, 8:46 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
Anyone have issues linking accounts? I tried last year and again yesterday. It says my account can't link.

I am not US based. I can change to have a US address if that is the issue
Old Jan 8, 2020, 1:55 pm

Were you Explorist expiring in Feb 2020 before you rematched? And did you see that you’re rematched to 2022?
Before I rematched I was Explorist until Feb, 2020, now I'm Explorist until Feb, 2021.
Old Jan 8, 2020, 2:00 pm

If you re-up now, you should get Explorist through Feb 2021.
If you wait until March, you may get Explorist through Feb 2022.
Are there any past experiences to suggest that they would give Explorist for almost 2 full years? Hadn't considered that, but it's generous if that's how it works.
Old Jan 8, 2020, 2:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by skelly9131
Are there any past experiences to suggest that they would give Explorist for almost 2 full years?
For starters, I would suggest actually reading this thread. The World of Hyatt Terms and Conditions are also helpful material.
Old Jan 8, 2020, 5:17 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
Are there any past experiences to suggest that they would give Explorist for almost 2 full years? Hadn't considered that, but it's generous if that's how it works.
Your screen shot above shows an exp date of 2022.
Old Jan 9, 2020, 12:33 am

Your screen shot above shows an exp date of 2022.
Yes, but that only applies to the club access rewards.
Old Jan 9, 2020, 6:39 am

Oh right. I see now. That happened to me last year when I re-upped. Got 4 new club awards that don’t expire till 2021.
Old Jan 17, 2020, 5:37 pm

So did you get new club access awards? I re-upped tonight and got through 2021 but no new access awards. Last year, I did. I thought they weren't doing those anymore.
Old Jan 17, 2020, 6:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

So did you get new club access awards? I re-upped tonight and got through 2021 but no new access awards. Last year, I did. I thought they weren't doing those anymore.
Depends when you did it. The policy changed last month. When I did it with my own account last year before March, status was extended through February 2020 and I received the access awards good through February 2021. When I did it with my wife's account after Match, status was extended through February 2021, but no extra club access awards were received.

When I updated my account this year, status was extended through February 2021, but no extra club access awards were received. So I'm assuming that if I do my wife's account after March, status will be extended through February 2022 with no extra club access awards received.
Old Jan 18, 2020, 8:09 am

Depends when you did it. The policy changed last month. When I did it with my own account last year before March, status was extended through February 2020 and I received the access awards good through February 2021. When I did it with my wife's account after Match, status was extended through February 2021, but no extra club access awards were received.

When I updated my account this year, status was extended through February 2021, but no extra club access awards were received. So I'm assuming that if I do my wife's account after March, status will be extended through February 2022 with no extra club access awards received.
Gotcha. I’m doing the same spouse toggle. Will wait till March to re match second account. We both have club access awards thru Feb 2021. Someone above seems to have gotten them thru 2022. Would be nice!
Old Jan 28, 2020, 10:12 am

Programs: QF Emerald EY Plat HH D
Read thru many of these threads now im confused
im explorist do I need to unlink then re link to gain for another year?
happy to do now not wait
Old Jan 28, 2020, 11:21 am

Programs: Bonvoy Gold, IHG Platinum, WoH Explorist
Originally Posted by aussielori
Read thru many of these threads now im confused
im explorist do I need to unlink then re link to gain for another year?
happy to do now not wait
Just trigger the match through the Hyatt MGM Page
https://world.hyatt.com/content/gp/e...tnerships.html

Pretty sure you dont need to unlink
Old Jan 28, 2020, 2:07 pm

Reading about all these matches makes me sincerely regret not signing up for the Hyatt card back in the day and matching back then before they downgraded the matched statuses.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.