Wiki Posts
Search

hyatt mlife loophole

Search this Thread

Old Aug 7, 2019, 7:24 am
Marriott 5+ Badge

Programs: Delta Diamond, Bonvoy something good; sometimes other things too
Originally Posted by apple1122
Hi, so match MLife gold to Hyatt Explorist doesn't get the 4 club lounge award anymore? If that's the case, there is really not much for being a Hyatt Explorist anymore, correct?
Correct on the first point. On the second point, it's up to you, but yeah that was certainly one of the more tangible features of Explorist. You still get some extra points per dollar on room spend, and possible late checkout, so it's not worthless though.
Old Aug 7, 2019, 7:36 am

Programs: Bonvoy Gold, IHG Platinum, WoH Explorist
To add on, you're eligible to get upgraded to a better room category. It's usually an upgrade to an ocean/garden/city view room. For some people, this benefit is worth a lot or nothing. The benefit is worth it for me, because I'm more of a leisure traveler. Usually these rooms are better located or may have additional amenities included. Still It's not a suite or access to a club lounge, but yes there are chances that some properties will go above and beyond for upgrades.

I would argue that out of the mid-tier status (20-30 nights range) compared to other brands (MB Gold, Hilton Gold), Explorist gives you the best chance at getting these room upgrades.
Old Aug 7, 2019, 9:15 am

Originally Posted by cvseuy
I would argue that out of the mid-tier status (20-30 nights range) compared to other brands (MB Gold, Hilton Gold), Explorist gives you the best chance at getting these room upgrades.
I agree that Explorist is worth having (and is appreciably better than a poke in the eye with a sharp stick), but would quibble about the program comparison above. One's odds of an upgrade as a Hilton Gold vary hugely depending on whether we're talking about a US or foreign property; in my experience, European Hilton properties are a lot more generous with room upgrades for Golds than Hyatt is for Explorists.

As always, YMMV.
Old Aug 25, 2019, 11:31 am

Programs: American, SWA, United, IHG,Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott
Loophole still working? I’m surprised. I want Mlife Gold as my platinum status is expiring this year and I want it for free valet parking.

M-Life Gold still get free valet right?
leland likes this.
Old Aug 26, 2019, 5:57 am

Programs: Marriott LT Tit; Hyatt Explorist; Hilton CC Gold; IHG CC Plt; Hertz (MR) 5 star
Originally Posted by RedElmo
Loophole still working? I’m surprised. I want Mlife Gold as my platinum status is expiring this year and I want it for free valet parking.

M-Life Gold still get free valet right?
Yes, complimentary valet parking, according to this chart: https://mgmgrand.mgmresorts.com/en/c...-benefits.html
Old Sep 21, 2019, 9:18 pm

Programs: DL Gold, UA nothing (ex-GS), Marriott lifetime Plat, Hyatt Globalist
A few days ago I tried renewing my MLife account from Hyatt since MLife status expires September 30. It’s still showing that my tier credits will expire in 2019, not sure if this means the match didn’t work? Or will it just update to 2020 after expiration?
Old Sep 21, 2019, 9:27 pm

Originally Posted by getagb
A few days ago I tried renewing my MLife account from Hyatt since MLife status expires September 30. It’s still showing that my tier credits will expire in 2019, not sure if this means the match didn’t work? Or will it just update to 2020 after expiration?

I was going to wait till after oct 1. Then try rematching.
bgriff and getagb like this.
Old Sep 22, 2019, 8:23 pm

Programs: DL Gold, B6 Mosaic, WoH Explorist, IHG Gold, Hertz PC, CET 7*, MLIFE Plat, Cosmo Gold
Originally Posted by getagb
If you're referring to MLIFE tier credits, then yes, it expires September 30th. TC's have nothing to do with Hyatt. TC's are earned via gaming and or spend and is tied to your tier status within MLIFE. TC's expire every year regardless of your tier status, and earning period is from October 1st to September 30th. Your MLIFE points and Express Comps is what doesn't expire depending on your activity and tier status.

Last edited by easy_money; Sep 22, 2019 at 8:35 pm
Old Sep 23, 2019, 8:22 am
Marriott 5+ Badge

Programs: Delta Diamond, Bonvoy something good; sometimes other things too
The match in both directions seems to work most reliably after any old status has expired, so yeah I would say wait until after Oct 1 (by which I mean like Oct 5, because Mlife is not the most on-the-ball at updating their systems) and then rematch into Mlife if necessary.

Mlife seems desperate for more elite members with all of the promotions they've been running so it's possible they'll extend your status even if you haven't earned it; they did that for me the last 2 years. I'm guessing if you've done some business with them, even if not a lot, it helps the case for that treatment.

Then you have Oct-Feb to make sure you match into Mlife, and then Mar-Sep to make sure you match back into Hyatt.
Old Sep 28, 2019, 10:41 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Ambassador/LTP, Nat'l Exec Elite, LEYE Gold
Originally Posted by bgriff
Mlife seems desperate for more elite members with all of the promotions they've been running...
No kidding -- the current 3x Tier Credits got me well north of 200,000 to requalify for Platinum just by charging some big dinners & a bottle service bill to the room. The perks aren't all that great -- wish they'd comp the resort fees in LV -- but the VIP parking area at National Harbor; the priority lines at cashiers, valet, and other random places (Borgata Buffet, etc.); and the occasional gifts (luggage, gift cards, wine fridge, etc.) are good enough to keep me monitoring my points...
Old Oct 19, 2019, 4:06 am

I was going to wait till after oct 1. Then try rematching.
Just rematched to Gold. No more platinum.
dw and dayone like this.
Old Oct 20, 2019, 1:39 pm
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
Just rematched to Gold. No more platinum.
Interestingly, my matched MLife Gold from last year didn’t expire on Oct 1, unlike prior years. Maybe MGM is purposely extending it for some people who didn’t requalify?
Old Oct 20, 2019, 1:43 pm

Originally Posted by dw
Interestingly, my matched MLife Gold from last year didn’t expire on Oct 1, unlike prior years. Maybe MGM is purposely extending it for some people who didn’t requalify?
My first year match from Hyatt diamond to MLife Platnium lasted two years before I had to rematch. So it seems that they give people two years worth of MLife.
Old Oct 29, 2019, 11:37 am

Programs: AA Plat Pro, Hyatt Globalist, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriot Gold, Hertz PC
Has anyone tried this lately? I just tried it as I noticed my mlife status was reset back but am getting an error that my Hyatt Explorist account can't be linked and to contact customer service.

I'm using this link to "opt-in" https://www.mgmresorts.com/en/mlife-...tt-hotels.html

update: looks like I was using the wrong link for the direction needed. I used this link: https://world.hyatt.com/content/gp/e...tnerships.html and it worked fine.

Last edited by gold644; Oct 29, 2019 at 11:49 am
Old Oct 29, 2019, 2:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
Like clockwork in late October I once again matched Hyatt Explorist -> Mlife Gold. ^ Too bad there will not be any lounge certs when I do the reverse match in 2020.

Alas very little incentive to visit Vegas these days with sky-high weekend airfares and hotel rates, fraudulent "resort fees," mandatory service charges on bar orders, etc. Not to mention ripoff 6:5 blackjack, 3-green roulette, etc. So it doesn't make sense anymore unless you "earn" big comps or have money to burn

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.