Go Back   > > >
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old May 11, 17, 7:30 pm   #1
Original Poster
  
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 11
hyatt mlife loophole

I have mlife gold membership. Today I matched mlife status to hyatt useless explorist with 4 additional club upgrades (8 total in my account now). The explorist is extended to 2019 also.

So if I match to milfe again later, I will obtain mlife gold because of explorist. Until they fix, I can keep matching between those two programs.

Another proof that hyatt only cares about the globalist.
bbs_ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11, 17, 8:23 pm   #2
Suspended
  
Join Date: Jul 2011
Programs: Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Cocos Gold
Posts: 9,834
I matched late last year when I was still Diamond, making me a Platinum in MLife, so still Platinum in MLife, even though I fell to Explorist in WoH.

Just tried the matching from MLife. Got an error message from Hyatt site saying my accounts were already linked, BUT also got a mail from WoH congratulating me on requalifying for Explorist.

When I relogged into WoH, my Explorist status was extended to 2019, and four more club upgrades were added to my account, expiring one year from today.

EDIT: Scratch that. Looks like all club awards expire Feb 28, 2018.

Shame there's no MLife status that maps to Glob.

Last edited by hailstorm; May 11, 17 at 8:37 pm
hailstorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11, 17, 9:45 pm   #3
  
Join Date: Sep 2016
Posts: 48
I have MLife Pearl. Can I match to World of Hurt Discoverist?
CarlosRodrigue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11, 17, 9:48 pm   #4
  
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 336
Quote:
Originally Posted by hailstorm View Post
I matched late last year when I was still Diamond, making me a Platinum in MLife, so still Platinum in MLife, even though I fell to Explorist in WoH.

Just tried the matching from MLife. Got an error message from Hyatt site saying my accounts were already linked, BUT also got a mail from WoH congratulating me on requalifying for Explorist.

When I relogged into WoH, my Explorist status was extended to 2019, and four more club upgrades were added to my account, expiring one year from today.

EDIT: Scratch that. Looks like all club awards expire Feb 28, 2018.

Shame there's no MLife status that maps to Glob.
Did you have to call, or is there a way to try this online?
rbw5t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11, 17, 10:09 pm   #5
Suspended
  
Join Date: Jul 2011
Programs: Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Cocos Gold
Posts: 9,834
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbw5t View Post
Did you have to call, or is there a way to try this online?
100% online. Just log into MLife account, find the Hyatt linking link, and that's it. If you're not already logged into Hyatt account you'll be prompted to do that, and then the action is complete.
hailstorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 12, 17, 9:59 am   #6
  
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: SEA
Programs: AS Gold 75k, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, MLife Platinum
Posts: 1,103
Quote:
Originally Posted by hailstorm View Post
I matched late last year when I was still Diamond, making me a Platinum in MLife, so still Platinum in MLife, even though I fell to Explorist in WoH.

Just tried the matching from MLife. Got an error message from Hyatt site saying my accounts were already linked, BUT also got a mail from WoH congratulating me on requalifying for Explorist.

When I relogged into WoH, my Explorist status was extended to 2019, and four more club upgrades were added to my account, expiring one year from today.
Thanks for the tip. Did the exact same thing -- said I had already linked. Logged out and then back in -- Explorist for another year!
Single_Flyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 13, 17, 5:15 pm   #7
Suspended
  
Join Date: Jul 2011
Programs: Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Cocos Gold
Posts: 9,834
It's pretty telling that a thread telling you how to instantly extend Explorist status for a year without any stays has gained zero traction here.
hailstorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 13, 17, 5:17 pm   #8
  
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Virginia, USA
Posts: 3,522
Quote:
Originally Posted by hailstorm View Post
It's pretty telling that a thread telling you how to instantly extend Explorist status for a year without any stays has gained zero traction here.
Exactly. Nobody cares.
JetAway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 13, 17, 5:19 pm   #9
Suspended
  
Join Date: Jul 2011
Programs: Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Cocos Gold
Posts: 9,834
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetAway View Post
Exactly. Nobody cares.
You never know. Someday they might try to make Explorist meaningful. Or you could use it to match to a better status elsewhere.
hailstorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14, 17, 10:00 am   #10
  
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: DFW
Programs: AA, UA, SPG, BA, HH
Posts: 79
Is below right link/ it does not work anymore.
https://www.mlife.com/en/overview/pr...-partners.html
facehu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 15, 17, 6:17 pm   #11
  
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Sydney, Australia
Programs: Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Gold & Cunard Gold
Posts: 1,315
Quote:
Originally Posted by hailstorm View Post
It's pretty telling that a thread telling you how to instantly extend Explorist status for a year without any stays has gained zero traction here.
To be fair there have been over a thousand views, and people probably don't feel the need to broadcast that they've taken advantage of a loophole.

That said the 4 Club Upgrades are the only valuable perk of Explorist, so getting another lot with the same expiry date isn't the most useful.
Coathanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 2, 17, 9:11 am   #12
Marriott Contributor BadgeSPG Contributor Badge
  
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Brooklyn
Programs: DL Diamond; SPG Platinum; sometimes other things too
Posts: 2,542
Quote:
Originally Posted by hailstorm View Post
I matched late last year when I was still Diamond, making me a Platinum in MLife, so still Platinum in MLife, even though I fell to Explorist in WoH.

Just tried the matching from MLife. Got an error message from Hyatt site saying my accounts were already linked, BUT also got a mail from WoH congratulating me on requalifying for Explorist.

When I relogged into WoH, my Explorist status was extended to 2019, and four more club upgrades were added to my account, expiring one year from today.

EDIT: Scratch that. Looks like all club awards expire Feb 28, 2018.

Shame there's no MLife status that maps to Glob.
It looks like this is a bug in how the website displays your info. I did the Mlife to Hyatt match a couple of weeks ago and all of my Club Access awards appear to expire on Feb 29 on the website, but I just successfully applied one for a stay next May, I assume one of the 4 newly issued ones that were valid for 12 months from when I matched the status recently.

So given the policy of club access awards being valid for 12 months from when you earn them, it is worth thinking carefully about when to do this.
bgriff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 3, 17, 9:11 pm   #13
  
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Boulder
Programs: AA Plat, CX Silver
Posts: 1,854
FWIW my Hyatt status comes from the CC so I *should* be Pearl in mlife but for some reason I'm still gold.

Now if only mlife gold meant anything.
txflyer77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 4, 17, 7:51 pm   #14
Suspended
  
Join Date: Jul 2011
Programs: Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Cocos Gold
Posts: 9,834
Quote:
Originally Posted by bgriff View Post
It looks like this is a bug in how the website displays your info. I did the Mlife to Hyatt match a couple of weeks ago and all of my Club Access awards appear to expire on Feb 29 on the website, but I just successfully applied one for a stay next May, I assume one of the 4 newly issued ones that were valid for 12 months from when I matched the status recently.

So given the policy of club access awards being valid for 12 months from when you earn them, it is worth thinking carefully about when to do this.
Thing is, there's no guarantee that this will always work.

Update: Received a new membership card in the mail showing Explorist level to 2019.
hailstorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 20, 17, 1:13 pm   #15
  
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: SEA
Programs: MVPG AS, Hotel peon
Posts: 282
Link not working for me, says "can't be matched". Oh well. Can't say I really care besides wanting links to work.
leland is offline   Reply With Quote
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Thread Tools
Search Thread
Go to Top
Forum Jump
Contact Us - FlyerTalk - Archive - Top