hyatt mlife loophole

Old May 11, 2017, 7:30 pm
Original Poster

hyatt mlife loophole

I have mlife gold membership. Today I matched mlife status to hyatt useless explorist with 4 additional club upgrades (8 total in my account now). The explorist is extended to 2019 also.

So if I match to milfe again later, I will obtain mlife gold because of explorist. Until they fix, I can keep matching between those two programs.

Another proof that hyatt only cares about the globalist.
Old May 11, 2017, 8:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
I matched late last year when I was still Diamond, making me a Platinum in MLife, so still Platinum in MLife, even though I fell to Explorist in WoH.

Just tried the matching from MLife. Got an error message from Hyatt site saying my accounts were already linked, BUT also got a mail from WoH congratulating me on requalifying for Explorist.

When I relogged into WoH, my Explorist status was extended to 2019, and four more club upgrades were added to my account, expiring one year from today.

EDIT: Scratch that. Looks like all club awards expire Feb 28, 2018.

Shame there's no MLife status that maps to Glob.

Last edited by hailstorm; May 11, 2017 at 8:37 pm
Old May 11, 2017, 9:45 pm

I have MLife Pearl. Can I match to World of Hurt Discoverist?
Old May 11, 2017, 9:48 pm

Originally Posted by hailstorm
I matched late last year when I was still Diamond, making me a Platinum in MLife, so still Platinum in MLife, even though I fell to Explorist in WoH.

Just tried the matching from MLife. Got an error message from Hyatt site saying my accounts were already linked, BUT also got a mail from WoH congratulating me on requalifying for Explorist.

When I relogged into WoH, my Explorist status was extended to 2019, and four more club upgrades were added to my account, expiring one year from today.

Did you have to call, or is there a way to try this online?
Old May 11, 2017, 10:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by rbw5t
Did you have to call, or is there a way to try this online?
100% online. Just log into MLife account, find the Hyatt linking link, and that's it. If you're not already logged into Hyatt account you'll be prompted to do that, and then the action is complete.
Old May 12, 2017, 9:59 am

Thanks for the tip. Did the exact same thing -- said I had already linked. Logged out and then back in -- Explorist for another year!
Old May 13, 2017, 5:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It's pretty telling that a thread telling you how to instantly extend Explorist status for a year without any stays has gained zero traction here.
Old May 13, 2017, 5:17 pm

It's pretty telling that a thread telling you how to instantly extend Explorist status for a year without any stays has gained zero traction here.
Exactly. Nobody cares.
Old May 13, 2017, 5:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by JetAway
Exactly. Nobody cares.
You never know. Someday they might try to make Explorist meaningful. Or you could use it to match to a better status elsewhere.
Old May 14, 2017, 10:00 am

Programs: AA, UA, SPG, BA, HH
Is below right link/ it does not work anymore.
https://www.mlife.com/en/overview/pr...-partners.html
Old May 15, 2017, 6:17 pm

Programs: UA Premier Gold (*G), IHG Platinum Ambassador, Hyatt Explorist & Marriott Gold
To be fair there have been over a thousand views, and people probably don't feel the need to broadcast that they've taken advantage of a loophole.

That said the 4 Club Upgrades are the only valuable perk of Explorist, so getting another lot with the same expiry date isn't the most useful.
Old Jul 2, 2017, 9:11 am
Marriott 5+ Badge

Programs: Delta Diamond, Bonvoy something good; sometimes other things too

It looks like this is a bug in how the website displays your info. I did the Mlife to Hyatt match a couple of weeks ago and all of my Club Access awards appear to expire on Feb 29 on the website, but I just successfully applied one for a stay next May, I assume one of the 4 newly issued ones that were valid for 12 months from when I matched the status recently.

So given the policy of club access awards being valid for 12 months from when you earn them, it is worth thinking carefully about when to do this.
Old Jul 3, 2017, 9:11 pm

Programs: AA Plat, CX Silver
FWIW my Hyatt status comes from the CC so I *should* be Pearl in mlife but for some reason I'm still gold.

Now if only mlife gold meant anything.
Old Jul 4, 2017, 7:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by bgriff
It looks like this is a bug in how the website displays your info. I did the Mlife to Hyatt match a couple of weeks ago and all of my Club Access awards appear to expire on Feb 29 on the website, but I just successfully applied one for a stay next May, I assume one of the 4 newly issued ones that were valid for 12 months from when I matched the status recently.

So given the policy of club access awards being valid for 12 months from when you earn them, it is worth thinking carefully about when to do this.
Thing is, there's no guarantee that this will always work.

Update: Received a new membership card in the mail showing Explorist level to 2019.
Old Jul 20, 2017, 1:13 pm

Programs: 75K AS, IHG
Link not working for me, says "can't be matched". Oh well. Can't say I really care besides wanting links to work.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.