Search

hyatt mlife loophole

Search this Thread

Old Jul 17, 2023, 5:18 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by Matt4200
Marriott Platinum is nowhere near the same as Hyatt Globalist.

I am definitely going to have to figure out where I stand in terms of retaining status and re-qualifying in 2024 though as I can no longer get a WOH card (bankruptcy) and I would usually “top off” about 10-15 nights annually via MGM stays.

I would really like to find a way to keep Globalist though, but it would be very difficult to do some MR’s living in SoCal where there’s no cheap properties. It’s really crazy even the HP in Tijuana is now a Category 2…
The further some of us get from the US, the narrower the difference between Marriott Platinum and Hyatt Globalist. At some point it even ends up being taken by some that Marriott’s local footprint+Platinum benefits = better value for the money (in terms of elite status benefits at property) than Hyatt’s footprint+Globalist benefits.
notquiteaff likes this.
Old Jul 17, 2023, 5:50 pm

Programs: DL DM, AA ExPlt, Diamond HH, HY, BW, & Titanium Elite Marriott
Originally Posted by GUWonder
The further some of us get from the US, the narrower the difference between Marriott Platinum and Hyatt Globalist. At some point it even ends up being taken by some that Marriott’s local footprint+Platinum benefits = better value for the money (in terms of elite status benefits at property) than Hyatt’s footprint+Globalist benefits.
Not really:
Hyatt cares about their customers and want their loyalty.
Marriott cares about their developers and the customers are a pain in the neck they wish they didn't have to deal with.
Old Jul 17, 2023, 5:54 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Troopers
Maybe Rio?
Possibly, I’d definitely have to look more into it I’m not sure exactly how it is going to work out. Like is it Hyatt Regency and Grand Hyatt along with a 3rd one for cheaper stays or what? Also unsure about the waived resort fees and all that too. A lot up in the air with Rio.

Sad thing is I’ve never once gotten credit on a comp stay from MGM, likely because it also comes with FreePlay and F&B credit so that negates it whereas others who were getting credit for comp nights were just comp nights now FreePlay or F&B. Not too sure but that’s fine.

Yeah, I just can’t see a path there for me plus I’ve spent years learning the ins and outs of the Hyatt-verse. I genuinely like Hyatt and I really enjoy that their benefits have teeth so to speak in terms of some recourse for properties not honoring them. Had a fairly bad experience with Hilton and refusing to honor benefits along with customer service having no teeth to contact and be the middle man, guessing Marriott is the same. In terms of footprint Hyatt’s is perfect for me 98% of my travel is US, only maybe 1 stay annually out of the US.
Old Jul 17, 2023, 5:57 pm
skj

Programs: UA 2MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by EasternTraveler
One could argue Hyatt's customers are the property owners and franchisees, and of course Hyatt wants their loyalty ... and the revenue stream they generate.
notquiteaff likes this.
Old Jul 17, 2023, 6:29 pm

Marriott Platinum is nowhere near the same as Hyatt Globalist.

I am definitely going to have to figure out where I stand in terms of retaining status and re-qualifying in 2024 though as I can no longer get a WOH card (bankruptcy) and I would usually “top off” about 10-15 nights annually via MGM stays.

I would really like to find a way to keep Globalist though, but it would be very difficult to do some MR’s living in SoCal where there’s no cheap properties. It’s really crazy even the HP in Tijuana is now a Category 2…
I guess you could stay at the HPs in the Vegas area....
Old Jul 17, 2023, 6:30 pm

Originally Posted by HIFlya
I guess you could stay at the HPs in the Vegas area....
Just curious, what does HP stand for in this context?
Old Jul 17, 2023, 6:31 pm

Well looks like there was a tangible benefit if I had found my MGM number in time. Although, considering the many many levels of Marriott, it is quite possible whatever MGM match to Marriott wouldn't mean much.
Old Jul 17, 2023, 6:33 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by donasaur
Just curious, what does HP stand for in this context?
Hyatt Place.

Originally Posted by EasternTraveler
Not really:
Marriott cares about their developers and the customers are a pain in the neck they wish they didn't have to deal with.
Hyatt may care more than Marriott — and Hilton for that matter — about those of us putting our heads in the beds, but the gap between Hyatt and Marriott in customer service levels has been narrowing in a way that has done me no favors.

Nice as the mlife “loophole” was, it also provided quite the window for me to see how far Hyatt had fallen in terms of customer service levels at both the corporate level and at the property levels. Hyatt properties messing up even on paltry Explorist benefits gotten while riding the mlife-Hyatt merry-go-round was just what was needed to see how few clothes the Hyatt emperor really has when it comes to the company caring about customers.
notquiteaff likes this.
Old Jul 17, 2023, 7:36 pm

Programs: DL DM, AA ExPlt, Diamond HH, HY, BW, & Titanium Elite Marriott
Hyatt Place.

Hyatt may care more than Marriott — and Hilton for that matter — about those of us putting our heads in the beds, but the gap between Hyatt and Marriott in customer service levels has been narrowing in a way that has done me no favors.

Nice as the mlife “loophole” was, it also provided quite the window for me to see how far Hyatt had fallen in terms of customer service levels at both the corporate level and at the property levels. Hyatt properties messing up even on paltry Explorist benefits gotten while riding the mlife-Hyatt merry-go-round was just what was needed to see how few clothes the Hyatt emperor really has when it comes to the company caring about customers.
I hope things improve now that COVID is over.
Old Jul 17, 2023, 8:13 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Wondering if you can match MLife to Marriott in January then match back Marriott to MLife in February any thoughts?
Old Jul 18, 2023, 2:56 pm

Wondering if you can match MLife to Marriott in January then match back Marriott to MLife in February any thoughts?
Considering how scant the details have been so far, I would not be surprised if the matching won't be allowed until after 02/29/2024. Doesn't the matched MLife status from Hyatt only last until end of January? This would make sure that Marriott doesn't give up any "free" status to WOH members who matched this year...which would of course make me happy because that means I didn't miss out on anything by not doing the match this year.
gudugan likes this.
Old Jul 18, 2023, 3:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by HIFlya
Considering how scant the details have been so far, I would not be surprised if the matching won't be allowed until after 02/29/2024. Doesn't the matched MLife status from Hyatt only last until end of January? This would make sure that Marriott doesn't give up any "free" status to WOH members who matched this year...which would of course make me happy because that means I didn't miss out on anything by not doing the match this year.

Probably really a question for the Marriott forum thread.

Marriott International and MGM Resorts Partnership

But yes, no one knows anything yet, I think (other than that technically no one is going to do anything with mlife anymore since that program name is dead).
Old Sep 19, 2023, 10:34 am

Programs: American, SWA, United, IHG,Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott
Originally Posted by 6r1nch
So much for my plans to buy f1 tickets in Vegas via MGM and rake in the hyatt points...

(~7000$ for two guests...)
did you get tix? I see $11k each now for the Bellagio experience lol

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.