Community
Wiki Posts
Search

hyatt mlife loophole

Search this Thread

Old Jun 8, 2018, 2:45 pm

Programs: DL Gold/MM, HH Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by mnredfox
Tried the above, and exact same happened:

1. Explorist status til Feb 2020
2. 4 more club awards
3. Got the same email
Did you already have Explorist status to Feb 2019 and it was extended to 2020 by doing the status match or were you not Explorist before doing the match? If the former, I may want to go ahead and match now rather than taking a chance that the status match merry-go-round with Hyatt and MLife continues into next year.

Last edited by Richard1148; Aug 5, 2018 at 9:59 am
Old Aug 4, 2018, 3:25 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by bgriff
I got a message like that the first time I tried, when I was logged into both my Mlife and Hyatt accounts. Only when I tried it logged into Mlife and logged out of Hyatt did it work, and I have both my status level and the 4 new club awards showing as valid through Feb 2020.

Could be worth trying a different browser or an incognito window if it's not coming up right for you.
Question: were you already MLife Gold and WoH Explorist when you re-upped? (With Explorist expiring in 2019...now in 2020?) I already used my certs that were to exp Feb 2019. But I'd like to prolong my status as long as possible.
Old Aug 4, 2018, 6:04 pm
Marriott 5+ Badge

Programs: Delta Diamond, Bonvoy something good; sometimes other things too
Originally Posted by Stgermainparis
Question: were you already MLife Gold and WoH Explorist when you re-upped? (With Explorist expiring in 2019...now in 2020?) I already used my certs that were to exp Feb 2019. But I'd like to prolong my status as long as possible.
Yes I was already Explorist expiring in 2019 (with club access awards expiring in mid-2018 sometime), and doing the match extended it to expire in 2020 (with club access awards expiring in Feb 2021).
Stgermainparis and Mthorn82 like this.
Old Aug 4, 2018, 7:50 pm

Does this still work?
I just tried it and got an error that said accounts were already linked and my request could not be processed.
For the record, I was NOT already signed in to the Hyatt account when I tried the match from the MLife account.
Old Aug 8, 2018, 3:04 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by agjil
Does this still work?
I just tried it and got an error that said accounts were already linked and my request could not be processed.
For the record, I was NOT already signed in to the Hyatt account when I tried the match from the MLife account.
Same here. Question: if I match spouse to MLife at MGM now (my MLife gold expires Sept 30), and then he matches his MLife to Hyatt Explorist, will his Hyatt status be good till Feb 2019 or Feb 2020? And when will his club awards expire?
Old Aug 8, 2018, 3:06 pm

Same here. Question: if I match spouse to MLife at MGM now (my MLife gold expires Sept 30), and then he matches his MLife to Hyatt Explorist, will his Hyatt status be good till Feb 2019 or Feb 2020? And when will his club awards expire?
Based on my experience, should be 2020 for both.
Stgermainparis likes this.
Old Aug 9, 2018, 8:08 pm

Originally Posted by beltway
Based on my experience, should be 2020 for both.
Linked accounts at MLife desk. Agent gave him a gold card but online status still says Sapphire. Does it take a while to update?
Old Aug 10, 2018, 6:42 am

Linked accounts at MLife desk. Agent gave him a gold card but online status still says Sapphire. Does it take a while to update?
As I recall, it takes a day or two for the upgraded status to show online.
Old Aug 10, 2018, 10:51 am

Originally Posted by beltway
As I recall, it takes a day or two for the upgraded status to show online.
Showing gold late this morning, so that's a relief. Matched but Explorist expires Feb 2019. Club awards exp Feb 2020. That's the main thing, and I’m grateful, though would've been nice to see Expl till 2020.

Last edited by Stgermainparis; Aug 10, 2018 at 11:46 am
Old Aug 12, 2018, 10:14 am

Programs: AA
Sorry, but I'm not following along. It's me, not you.

I'm not interested in Mlife, but I am in keeping Explorist for as long as possible. I've just become Explorist through the Andaz x2 promo. I'm not likely going to be able to keep it. I'm listed Explorist to Feb 2020 and have 4 club passes. How is it that I can extend this and get 4 more passes?
Old Oct 2, 2018, 9:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
October 1, 2018 has come and gone, yet I still retain the MLife Platinum status that I got from my Hyatt Diamond match in 2016.

The only thing I have used the MLife account for is matching back to WoH Explorist.
Markie likes this.
Old Oct 2, 2018, 9:32 pm

Originally Posted by hailstorm
October 1, 2018 has come and gone, yet I still retain the MLife Platinum status that I got from my Hyatt Diamond match in 2016.
When I checked yesterday, the MLife site said it can take up to 7 days for your status to be updated. I’m still Gold, but that will change soon enough.
Old Oct 3, 2018, 12:33 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Ambassador/LTP, Nat'l Exec Elite, LEYE Gold
Originally Posted by hailstorm

The only thing I have used the MLife account for is matching back to WoH Explorist.
Curious to see whether you keep yours in a week.

I had accrued <1000 tier points over the past 12 months, but I received an offer stating that if I got to 1000, they'd comp me the extra 199,000 to renew Platinum (which is worthwhile for the half dozen times a year I use the free valet parking -- I also got my Platinum via Hyatt Diamond). So I played a few hours of blackjack, ended up earning 6000 points (and a few bucks, not much). Hopefully the comp comes through. But if you get to keep yours for free, then perhaps I would have too and I shouldn't have bothered!
Old Oct 3, 2018, 2:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by platbrownguy
Curious to see whether you keep yours in a week.
I've already had it for over a year longer than I expected to, so I don't see why I shouldn't expect to have it perpetually at this point.

The fact that they were willing to comp you 99.5% of the points you needed tells me that they have no problem with literally giving this status away. Maybe there's a quota of Platinum members they have to hit somehow?
Old Oct 3, 2018, 7:01 am

There is likely such a small number of us that maybe they just don’t care. And maybe they are seeing some profit. I will say that since this double perk started and with the last year’s travel, I’ve gotten a Hyatt cc (as has spouse) and have stayed almost exclusively at Hyatts. Lots of revenue stays. Just booked MGM for Feb and July with Gold rates/revenue stays. Have several Hyatt rez coming up. If this status deal changes and Marriott gets their chaos worked out, I’ll prob go back to Marriott brand. I was a fairly loyal SPG customer before the merger. So ultimately they are getting a lot more money out of me than they are losing with valet fees and the occasional club pass.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.