hyatt mlife loophole

Old Jan 2, 2019, 4:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
Decided to give the wheel one more spin even though my status still shows as MLife Gold and Hyatt Explorist.

Before doing the match, I had Explorist level to February 28, 2019, and 3 Club Upgrade awards that expire in February 29, 2020.

After the match, I receive a message "you have already matched status" but (after logout and login) my expiration date was updated to Feb 2020. And I now have 7 Club Upgrade awards that expire in February 29, 2020. ^ ^ ^

That should be sufficient for my needs as the property where I stay most frequently (Houston) does not even have a lounge. And little chance I will be able to move up in rank, absent a Globalist fka Diamond challenge
Old Jan 2, 2019, 9:54 pm

Programs: DL Gold/MM, HH Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by Boraxo
After the match, I receive a message "you have already matched status" but (after logout and login) my expiration date was updated to Feb 2020. And I now have 7 Club Upgrade awards that expire in February 29, 2020. ^ ^ ^
I got the same message and thought that maybe I had tried to match in the wrong direction, but after checking my Hyatt account and my email, I saw that I am now Explorist through Feb 2020 and have 4 more Club Upgrade awards. Too bad that if this continues, there will be no more easy Club Upgrade awards.
Tokyoite likes this.
Old Feb 6, 2019, 11:58 am

Programs: UA1k, Oneworld Sapphire, Hyatt Globalist, IHG DiamondAmb, Hilton Diamond, Marriott LTP,
I am a former Hyatt Diamond, now holding Hyatt Explorist status expiring in Feb 2019. I have MLife Pearl status and unsure how to extend Explorist for another year.

What should be my strateg? .Should I match my Hyatt status to Mlife right now and then match back to Explorist once status downgrades?
Old Feb 6, 2019, 12:01 pm
Marriott 5+ Badge

Programs: Delta Diamond, Bonvoy something good; sometimes other things too
Originally Posted by navatwal
I am a former Hyatt Diamond, now holding Hyatt Explorist status expiring in Feb 2019. I have MLife Pearl status and unsure how to extend Explorist for another year.

What should be my strateg? .Should I match my Hyatt status to Mlife right now and then match back to Explorist once status downgrades?
Yes.
Old Feb 6, 2019, 3:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by bgriff
Yes.
Not sure about that. You may get an extra year of Explorist by waiting until March 1st, but you also may not get the four Club Lounge certificates that currently come as part of status. For me, Explorist level isn't worth much without those.
GUWonder likes this.
Old Feb 7, 2019, 7:50 am
Marriott 5+ Badge

Programs: Delta Diamond, Bonvoy something good; sometimes other things too
Originally Posted by hailstorm
Not sure about that. You may get an extra year of Explorist by waiting until March 1st, but you also may not get the four Club Lounge certificates that currently come as part of status. For me, Explorist level isn't worth much without those.
Well, the critical part is matching Hyatt->Mlife before the end of the month or nothing will be possible. And it is probably possible to re-up another year of Explorist by matching back to Hyatt before Feb 28, though I'm not sure if that will come with lounge certificates either way.
Old Feb 7, 2019, 8:29 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Well, the critical part is matching Hyatt->Mlife before the end of the month or nothing will be possible. And it is probably possible to re-up another year of Explorist by matching back to Hyatt before Feb 28, though I'm not sure if that will come with lounge certificates either way.
Getting Hyatt Explorist status renewal/acquisition from mLife status and doing so now is still possible -- and it definitely comes with the lounge certificates good into February 2020.
Old Feb 7, 2019, 8:45 am

Programs: UA1k, Oneworld Sapphire, Hyatt Globalist, IHG DiamondAmb, Hilton Diamond, Marriott LTP,
Originally Posted by GUWonder
Getting Hyatt Explorist status renewal/acquisition from mLife status and doing so now is still possible -- and it definitely comes with the lounge certificates good into February 2020.

My M life status has now updated to Gold,

I tried to match to Hyatt immediately but status sand dates stay as same.

Should I do this online or call them?

Can I opt out and opt back in?
Old Feb 7, 2019, 10:01 am
Suspended

My very limited experience, FWIW, is that there's a nebulous time restriction on round-trip matching like this. You can definitely match in one direction every 6 months (which I do after each status lapses), but it hasn't worked for me with a month or two in between.

Also, if the second "match" (mLife to WoH) is attempted before 2/28, the current WoH status will still be in effect, so there's nothing to match anyway.

What am I missing here?
Old Feb 7, 2019, 2:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by beltway
Also, if the second "match" (mLife to WoH) is attempted before 2/28, the current WoH status will still be in effect, so there's nothing to match anyway.

What am I missing here?
Even though the new status year starts from March 1st, status for the new year is earned from January 1st.

Back when HGP changed to WoH, people took advantage of the interim to make 25 "stays" before February 28th to earn Diamond status for another year, which then carried over into another year of Globalist status. Same principle here.
GUWonder likes this.
Old Feb 7, 2019, 7:09 pm

Originally Posted by hailstorm
Even though the new status year starts from March 1st, status for the new year is earned from January 1st.

Back when HGP changed to WoH, people took advantage of the interim to make 25 "stays" before February 28th to earn Diamond status for another year, which then carried over into another year of Globalist status. Same principle here.
so if you match now since its after Jan 1st, it should be valid until Feb 2021?
Old Feb 7, 2019, 7:24 pm

I tried matching status does not get extended, will have to try later next month
Old Feb 7, 2019, 7:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Did you get four additional club lounge certificates?
Old Feb 7, 2019, 9:38 pm

Programs: DL Gold/MM, HH Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by myperks

No, valid to Feb 2020. I matched a couple of weeks ago and my status changed from expiring Feb 2019 to Feb 2020, and I also got 4 more Club upgrades valid through Feb 2020.
levilevi likes this.
Old Feb 7, 2019, 9:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by myperks

In principle, yes. In practice, no.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.