hyatt mlife loophole

Search this Thread

Old Jan 4, 2022, 10:28 am

/////

Last edited by beltway; Apr 25, 2024 at 5:19 pm Reason: ibjhole
Old Jan 4, 2022, 12:10 pm

Programs: American, SWA, United, IHG,Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott
Originally Posted by beltway
As far as I'm aware, Hyatt's most recent blanket extension of status was to 2/28/22. If you didn't affirmatively re-qualify in 2021, I believe that's when your status lapses.

When I logged into mLife this morning, there was a notice advising that come Feb. 1, mLife will reset status based on activity in 2021 (which includes Jan. 2022 to make requal easier).

Thanks. I fall into the category. I didn’t re qualify. Hoping to keep explorists and then match to M-Life
Old Jan 4, 2022, 12:29 pm
Marriott 5+ Badge

Programs: Delta Diamond, Bonvoy something good; sometimes other things too
Originally Posted by RedElmo
Thanks. I fall into the category. I didn’t re qualify. Hoping to keep explorists and then match to M-Life
To be clear, you will need to match to Mlife Gold next month, and then back to Hyatt in March, in order to keep Explorist. So the order of operations suggested by your message will not work.
RedElmo and levilevi like this.
Old Jan 7, 2022, 10:59 am

Originally Posted by bgriff
To be clear, you will need to match to Mlife Gold next month, and then back to Hyatt in March, in order to keep Explorist. So the order of operations suggested by your message will not work.
So to confirm for those of us who have zero MLife activity, but hold Explorist with Hyatt, the loophole remains in tact if we do the following:
- On Feb 1, 2022, our M Life Gold will expire and we will drop to a lower tier (Sapphire?)
- Our Hyatt Explorist is valid through Feb 28, 2022, so we then must go to the match tool between Feb 1 - Feb 28 to perform Hyatt to M Life Match, which should the put us back to Gold status with M Life
- On March 1, when our Hyatt status drops, we then need to do the M Life to Hyatt status match which then matches our MLife Gold and brings our Hyatt back to Explorist for another year?

Correct?
italdesign likes this.
Old Jan 7, 2022, 11:10 am
Marriott 5+ Badge

Originally Posted by dprocuk
So to confirm for those of us who have zero MLife activity, but hold Explorist with Hyatt, the loophole remains in tact if we do the following:
- On Feb 1, 2022, our M Life Gold will expire and we will drop to a lower tier (Sapphire?)
- Our Hyatt Explorist is valid through Feb 28, 2022, so we then must go to the match tool between Feb 1 - Feb 28 to perform Hyatt to M Life Match, which should the put us back to Gold status with M Life
- On March 1, when our Hyatt status drops, we then need to do the M Life to Hyatt status match which then matches our MLife Gold and brings our Hyatt back to Explorist for another year?

Correct?
Yes, that plan should work, unless any of these loopholes have been closed recently.

In the past, Mlife status drops have not always happened right when they were supposed to, so if you still show as Gold on Feb 1, keep checking back as it may drop a few days later. Mlife (now renamed MGM Rewards) has also been fairly generous with status extensions in the past, so it's possible some will see their status extended anyway ... but that's not guaranteed just because you haven't dropped come Feb 1.
Old Jan 7, 2022, 11:51 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Maybe one of these days the cycling between MGM status and Hyatt Explorist status won’t fly like it has, but this dynamic was probably of no real cost to Hyatt since Explorist got gutted by way of the milestone award setup.
champus likes this.
Old Jan 8, 2022, 1:23 am

Programs: AA EXP; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, UA 1.56MM (fmr UA1K)
Originally Posted by GUWonder
Maybe one of these days the cycling between MGM status and Hyatt Explorist status won’t fly like it has, but this dynamic was probably of no real cost to Hyatt since Explorist got gutted by way of the milestone award setup.
And of course nobody really knows at this point if the relationship between WoH and MGM will change. A lot of the speculation and glee about the new MGM program is based on the status matches between WoH and MGM Rewards being exactly the same as they have been between Mlife and WofH. Hopefully it will stay the same—nobody will be happier than me if that is the case—but I’m skeptical. We don’t know anything definitive as of 1/7/22 to the best of my knowledge. If I’ve missed some kind of statement from WoH or MGM regarding this issue, I’d be interested to see it as I’m sure others would be too.

You’ve got to wonder given how much harder MGM is making it to hit various new levels from their own rewards program whether they’re just going to sit back and watch WoH become the ‘easy way’ to get the same benefits.
GUWonder likes this.
Old Jan 8, 2022, 6:31 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
The relationship between Hyatt and MGM has even changed before. Remember when top-tier status in Hyatt’s program gave mLife Platinum?

For some years now, Explorist and Globalist status only matches to Gold; and with that change, mLife Platinum stopped being given to published top tier Hyatt program members. Maybe the next step is Pearl at most.
Old Jan 8, 2022, 9:01 am
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA
Originally Posted by GUWonder
The relationship between Hyatt and MGM has even changed before. Remember when top-tier status in Hyatt’s program gave mLife Platinum?

For some years now, Explorist and Globalist status only matches to Gold; and with that change, mLife Platinum stopped being given to published top tier Hyatt program members. Maybe the next step is Pearl at most.
I wonder what will happen to the match to Noir end of January. I presume I will lose this comped status, which I had for 3 years now. Only used it once to get the free limo transport from the airport to the Vdara.
Complimentary Match to M-Life NOIR!
tobikosan likes this.
Old Jan 8, 2022, 9:23 am
Marriott 5+ Badge

Originally Posted by Renard
And of course nobody really knows at this point if the relationship between WoH and MGM will change. A lot of the speculation and glee about the new MGM program is based on the status matches between WoH and MGM Rewards being exactly the same as they have been between Mlife and WofH. Hopefully it will stay the same—nobody will be happier than me if that is the case—but I’m skeptical. We don’t know anything definitive as of 1/7/22 to the best of my knowledge. If I’ve missed some kind of statement from WoH or MGM regarding this issue, I’d be interested to see it as I’m sure others would be too.

You’ve got to wonder given how much harder MGM is making it to hit various new levels from their own rewards program whether they’re just going to sit back and watch WoH become the ‘easy way’ to get the same benefits.
In his writeup of the new program, Lucky did assert that the Explorist to Gold match "will continue to be the case with the new program". I don't know what his basis for that statement was but I assume/hope he didn't write it without some sort of confirmation of that fact. Of course, it could also change at any point in the future as well.
https://onemileatatime.com/news/mgm-rewards/
beltway likes this.
Old Jan 8, 2022, 10:48 am

I'm trying to match my Hyatt Status to M-Life using the following link Receive M Life Rewards | Hyatt Rewards | World of Hyatt. I click on opt-in, which re-directs me to another page to log into my M-life account. Once I login, the page redirects me to another page which gives me a 404 page not found error. Anyone else had this issue and was able to resolve it?
Old Jan 8, 2022, 10:55 am

jole whole

Last edited by beltway; Apr 5, 2024 at 8:17 pm
Old Jan 8, 2022, 12:28 pm

Originally Posted by tomtaylor23
I'm trying to match my Hyatt Status to M-Life using the following link Receive M Life Rewards | Hyatt Rewards | World of Hyatt. I click on opt-in, which re-directs me to another page to log into my M-life account. Once I login, the page redirects me to another page which gives me a 404 page not found error. Anyone else had this issue and was able to resolve it?
Same issue here in December.
Old Jan 8, 2022, 1:43 pm
iwc

Had the same issue today. Logged out of M life, clicked opt in on hyatt.com, then logged in again to M life, and then refreshed the screen when I got error message. New status popped up.
beltway likes this.
Old Jan 8, 2022, 2:23 pm
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA
Originally Posted by tomtaylor23
you may have the same issue as described here. Some pages are blank, others get an error code.

Hyatt website blank page on Google Chrome

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.