Community
Wiki Posts
Search

hyatt mlife loophole

Search this Thread

Old Nov 6, 2019, 6:07 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pro, FPC Premier, UA Silver, Hyatt Explorist, SPG Gold
HI all,

Does one get a new set of Club Access Cert upon renewal of Hyatt status via Mlife status match?

Thanks!
Old Nov 6, 2019, 6:13 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Gold, IHG Platinum, WoH Explorist
No, they stopped after March 1st this year
Old Nov 6, 2019, 6:16 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
I’m annoyed with the continually updated perpetuation of status.
Old Nov 9, 2019, 5:51 am

Originally Posted by Stgermainparis
So now mine says "Tier Level and Tier Credit balances may not be displayed accurately due to routine maintenance scheduled through November 5. We apologize for any inconvenience."

Still showing Sept 30 2019 as tier expiry.
That first chunk of text is gone now, but the DW & I remain Gold for no good reason. Perhaps we’re out of the woods.
Stgermainparis likes this.
Old Nov 9, 2019, 9:07 am

Programs: American, SWA, United, IHG,Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott
Originally Posted by beltway
That first chunk of text is gone now, but the DW & I remain Gold for no good reason. Perhaps we’re out of the woods.
Yup you’re good. I had my platinum renewed last year when I was expecting it to be gone and I didn’t even have to rematch.
Old Dec 7, 2019, 8:13 am

Programs: DL Gold/MM, HH Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Lifetime Gold
Still showing Sept 30 2019 as tier expiry.
Mine now says "Tier Credits expire on Sep 30, 2020." I assume that tier expiry is also the same date.
Old Dec 7, 2019, 2:42 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by Richard1148
Mine now says "Tier Credits expire on Sep 30, 2020." I assume that tier expiry is also the same date.
Thanks. I just checked mine after seeing this and it is also now thru 2020.
Old Jan 2, 2020, 10:53 am

Tier Match still working per DoC
Old Jan 2, 2020, 10:55 am

Programs: American, SWA, United, IHG,Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott
I think I’m all matched out already since October

No need to wait till now.
Old Jan 2, 2020, 11:16 am

Originally Posted by yoketone
Yes, but he needs to update that recycled post to note that Explorists don't officially get 4 club lounge certs. (The latest comments suggest that people matching for the first time are still getting those, which is nice for them but not Hyatt policy these days.)
Old Jan 7, 2020, 1:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by yoketone
Yup. Finally dropped from Platinum to Sapphire, so this time I did the match both ways: lingering Explorist got me back up to Gold in MLife, and newly minted Gold status got me another year's extension of Explorist.

No new club certs, but the ones I got from renewing before the end of February last year are still good through Feb 2021. So matching before the policy change last year was definitely the right call.
Old Jan 7, 2020, 7:04 am

Originally Posted by hailstorm
Yup. Finally dropped from Platinum to Sapphire, so this time I did the match both ways: lingering Explorist got me back up to Gold in MLife, and newly minted Gold status got me another year's extension of Explorist.

No new club certs, but the ones I got from renewing before the end of February last year are still good through Feb 2021. So matching before the policy change last year was definitely the right call.
Just yesterday I was wondering if I should re-match preemptively H (exp 2/2020) back to M (exp 9/2020). Didn’t want to mess anything up. Sounds like I should go ahead and do it.
Old Jan 7, 2020, 5:47 pm

I just rematched my Mlife Gold to Hyatt Explorist through Feb 2021, however I DID get 4 new club access awards. I wasn't expecting to get these based on what I read, but I'm pleasantly surprised to get them.
Old Jan 7, 2020, 6:06 pm

Originally Posted by skelly9131

I just rematched my Mlife Gold to Hyatt Explorist through Feb 2021, however I DID get 4 new club access awards. I wasn't expecting to get these based on what I read, but I'm pleasantly surprised to get them.
Were you Explorist expiring in Feb 2020 before you rematched? And did you see that you’re rematched to 2022?
Old Jan 7, 2020, 6:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Just yesterday I was wondering if I should re-match preemptively H (exp 2/2020) back to M (exp 9/2020). Didn’t want to mess anything up. Sounds like I should go ahead and do it.
Why would you go H back to M? Shouldn't M back to H be first?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.