Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lifetime Globalist

Search this Thread

Old Oct 15, 2019, 7:45 pm
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Hi All,
Just to share I've held LT globalist for some years now and staying as much or more then I did in the past typically 90 plus nights a year
I don't notice any real difference in my stays or benefits its about the same as it ever was
The handful of hotels that weren't good at upgrades are still not and the ones who were really good to me still are decades later
Some do a welcome amenity in the room before or after arrival in which they are no longer required to do so. That really makes a difference in my satisfaction when its something I desire
Building good relationships and having the hotel like you as a guest is as important and perhaps In some cases more important than the status itself
On the occasions I get upgraded past the normal allowable upgrade that Globs receive I still find the loyalty to the hotel and the years of being a returning guest helps the most
The other fantastic thing is the Globalist Concierge getting a good one is worth their weight in gold and they have more empowerment to do more than the Globalist reservation line
which sometimes overflows into general reservations when they get busy
Cheers
steve64 and tjae like this.
Old Nov 9, 2019, 7:51 am
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA
I am about 1000$ away from reaching LT status. Have an upcoming stay and during that will reach LT. The hotel reached out to me and already welcomed me as LT Glob.

nice gesture! Which also means that either WOH informed the hotel about my soon-to-have status or the hotel has direct access to my points balance.
Markie, SF1K and ZBigFam like this.
Old Nov 10, 2019, 1:40 pm

Programs: Hyatt diamond
Originally Posted by 59Impala
I am about 1000$ away from reaching LT status. Have an upcoming stay and during that will reach LT. The hotel reached out to me and already welcomed me as LT Glob.

nice gesture! Which also means that either WOH informed the hotel about my soon-to-have status or the hotel has direct access to my points balance.
The hotel has direct access to your points balance
Old Nov 18, 2019, 9:55 am
formerly a193991

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA
So I finally achieved Lifetime Globalist status. I have been a member since 1987, so over 30 years.

I had my very first touch point with Hyatt in 1978, I was 13 at that time (ok...so you know my age now ). I had the privilege of accompanying my dad to the US on one of his business trips. In San Francisco we had tea/coffee at the Hyatt Regency. We did not stay at that hotel, only visited, and I was so impressed with the architecture and the atrium, especially a woman playing on the harp and it could be heard all over the hotel. When I was 19 I made my first trip on my own, that was to Morocco and obviously I stayed at the HR Casablanca as well.

Ever since, I have been loyal to Hyatt and it has paid out after a long time... I am not sure, when Gold Passport was introduced, but I must have been one of the early registered members. The majority of my points was paid out of my own pocket (vacationing the US), I'd say about 60-65%. The rest was from business trips (OPM) in the late 1990's (KUL, JKT, SIN, HKG and DXB) and early 2010's (DFW, LAX). and this with the limited footprint at that time (especially internationally difficult). I do not travel on business anymore since January 2017. I have lived in Switzerland all my life. I mostly achieved Diamond status with stays, and only more recently I achieved Diamond/Globalist with nights or base points.

The front desk agent at The Confidante yesterday personally shook hands and congratulated me to achieving the status, that was a nice gesture

I truly love Hyatt. WOH has improved in the past 12 months, and the benefits of being Globalist are really worth it.

If there is ONE thing I would change with World of Hyatt, then it is the tier names. Please go back to Gold, Diamond, etc....
Markie, seawolf, SF1K and 12 others like this.

Last edited by 59Impala; Nov 18, 2019 at 1:19 pm
Old Nov 18, 2019, 10:44 am
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

So I finally achieved Lifetime Globalist status. I have been a member since 1987, so over 30 years.

I had my very first touch point with Hyatt in 1978, I was 13 at that time (ok...so you know my age now ). I had the privilege of accompanying my dad to the US on one of his business trips. In San Francisco we had tea/coffee at the Hyatt Regency. We did not stay at that hotel, only visited, and I was so impressed with the architecture and the atrium, especially a woman playing on the harp and it could be heard all over the hotel. When I was 19 I made my first trip on my own, that was to Morocco and obviously I stayed at the HR Casablanca as well.

Ever since, I have been loyal to Hyatt and it has paid out after a long time... I am not sure, when Gold Passport was introduced, but i must be one of the early registered members . the majority of my points was paid out of my own pocket (vacationing the US), I'd say about 60-65%. The rest was from business trips (OPM) in the late 1990's (KUL, JKT, SIN, HKG and DXB) and early 2010's (DFW, LAX). and this with the limited footprint at that time (especially internationally difficult). i haved in Switzerland all my life. I mostly achieved Diamond status with stays, and only more recently I achieved Diamond/Globalist with nights or base points.

The front desk agent at The Confidante yesterday personally shook hands and congratulated me to achieving the status, that was a nice gesture

I truly love Hyatt. WOH has improved in the past 12 months, and the benefits of being Globalist are really worth it.

If there is ONE thing I would change with World of Hyatt, then it is the tier names. Please go back to Gold, Diamond, etc....
Welcome to the Lifetime Diamond Club ^:-:
You mean you don't appreciate being called a GLOB?
Markie and 59Impala like this.
Old Dec 3, 2019, 9:49 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hyatt LT Global Elitist, Bonvyoed LT Titanium, Hilton Gold, UA Silver
I prefer referring to the status as Global Elitist, personally. And cannot wait until I am granted that designation for my lifetime

At the end of this year, I'll have <15k to go!
Old Jan 14, 2020, 11:11 pm
formerly a193991

2 stays since achieving Lifetime Globalist last November:
- December stay at HR Cologne, upgrade to a Premium Suite with Rhein View
- December stay PH Zurich, upgrade to Specialty "Ambassador Suite"

never had these types of upgrades as Globalist.
LT Glob is exciting!
Old May 28, 2020, 10:28 pm

Programs: UA GS/4 MM, AA Exec Plat, Lifetime Hilton D, Hyatt G, Marriott Titanium earned Ambassador
With the shelter in place here in the States thought I would support our economy and Hyatt by knocking out Lifetime status. Being goal oriented knew it would happen in a couple years but why not make it a little project. Just passing 100 nights for this year and within the final $2k to spend. Know I could have done it by just paying for a Presidential suite somewhere but it has been interesting being totally anonymous at one property and walking into another every Thursday and Saturday afternoon for the latest promo that just expired. These local Hyatt Place properties will survive but of course I have no intention of spending a vacation with them. Heading to PH Zurich and GH Tokyo as soon as entry is allowed without a long quarantine. Next!
Markie, DELee, 59Impala and 1 others like this.
Old Sep 6, 2020, 6:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Saipan, MP 96950 USA (Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands = the CNMI)
Programs: UA Silver, Hilton Silver. Life: UA .57 MM, United & Admirals Clubs (spousal), Marriott Platinum
Seeing Lifetime Base Points on Website Account Page?
Originally Posted by lucke27
Is there a way to check your progress towards Lifetime Globalist on the Hyatt web site?
Originally Posted by JackE
They've been appearing in the summary e-mails. If you're not getting those then you may need to change your communication preferences.
Originally Posted by RTW1
Go to your "My Account / Personal Profile & Preferencese / Communication preferences" and select the "Monthly Account Summary".
Originally Posted by hotelfanatic
Is there a way to find out how far I am away from LT on Hyatt.com? I can't seem to find my base point total on Hyatt.com
The only 2 ways I am aware of are:
- contact your concierge, who can look up
- await the monthly statement
Originally Posted by CLEguy
The Hyatt Concierge team on Twitter can also provide this over DM.
Originally Posted by JackE
It's ridiculous that our account pages don't show lifetime points!
Has the World of Hyatt website information technology (IT) improved in the past year? Any estimates when this account data will be readily available without checking e-mails or making requests?

Is Lifetime Globalist the only WOH Lifetime Level? No Lifetime Explorist?
Old Sep 6, 2020, 7:22 pm
skj
Original Poster

Programs: UA 2MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by SPN Lifer
Has the World of Hyatt website information technology (IT) improved in the past year? Any estimates when this account data will be readily available without checking e-mails or making requests?

No change in the visibility of progress toward lifetime and LT Glob is the only level.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Sep 6, 2020, 7:22 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by SPN Lifer

Yes, it's the only lifetime level in WOH. By contrast, Marriott Bonvoy does lifetime for lower levels (currently up to Plat at 50 nights per year, but at the time of the merger, lifetime Titanium at 75 nights was possible under various qualification standards), but never for their top published tier.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Sep 7, 2020, 9:11 pm
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
never had these types of upgrades as Globalist.
LT Glob is exciting!
Is it the general feeling that upgrades as LT Glob are better than upgrades as Glob? If so it might give me the incentive to shoot for it.
Old Sep 7, 2020, 10:16 pm
formerly a193991

Originally Posted by escape4
Is it the general feeling that upgrades as LT Glob are better than upgrades as Glob? If so it might give me the incentive to shoot for it.
that has been my experience so far.
MHC often calls the hotel proactively, mensions LT Glob to the manager and tries to arrange for special treatment, without me asking.
escape4 likes this.
Old Sep 7, 2020, 11:57 pm

Programs: United GS, MM, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
I’ve never received a monthly statement and it’s checked on my preferences page. I wish they would show it like Marriott does
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Sep 8, 2020, 5:34 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
that has been my experience so far.
MHC often calls the hotel proactively, mensions LT Glob to the manager and tries to arrange for special treatment, without me asking.
If you don’t hit 60 nights a year do LTG retain MHC? I thought it was a Milestone to have MHC annually. Just wondering. Also, nice to hear though.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.