Wiki Posts
Search

Lifetime Globalist

Search this Thread

Old Mar 1, 2017, 7:03 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by skj
This thread is discussing Lifetime Globs and Section Vl is the relevant part of the T&Cs. In particular, Vl.b ...

"Lifetime Globalists will receive the following awards and benefits described in this Appendix C without the need to satisfy a minimum annual Base Point earning or Tier-Qualifying Night threshold:

(i) Four (4) Complimentary Suite Upgrade Awards annually;
(ii) One (1) Category 1-7 Free Night Award annually; and
(iii) Access to a dedicated My Hyatt Concierge agent."

further

"If a Lifetime Globalist completes sixty (60) Tier-Qualifying Nights or earns one hundred thousand (100,000) Base Points in a Calendar Year, (s)he will earn a second Category 1-7 Free Night Award and a second set of four (4) Complimentary Suite Upgrade Awards for that year."
Thanks for pointing that out.

What is a "Members who have received Globalist status for a multi-year term" in V (h) 1.? Status matched Glob?
Old Mar 1, 2017, 7:58 pm
skj
Original Poster

Programs: UA 2MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by seawolf
What is a "Members who have received Globalist status for a multi-year term" in V (h) 1.? Status matched Glob?
I'm just guessing here, but I think this is referring to someone who qualifies for Glob in Jan and Feb, as apparently some did this year. Their status goes through Feb 2019, as compared to many of us who have Glob through Feb 2018. There's probably other scenarios that lead to multi-year status, but nothing comes to mind right now.
Old Mar 2, 2017, 12:32 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by skj
"If a Lifetime Globalist completes sixty (60) Tier-Qualifying Nights or earns one hundred thousand (100,000) Base Points in a Calendar Year, (s)he will earn a second Category 1-7 Free Night Award and a second set of four (4) Complimentary Suite Upgrade Awards for that year."
It would be a neat feature if a LT Glob would now get 8 TSU's when staying 60 nights, but somehow I doubt it....
Old Mar 2, 2017, 1:08 am

Programs: Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, SQ PPS Solitaire
Originally Posted by RTW1
It would be a neat feature if a LT Glob would now get 8 TSU's when staying 60 nights, but somehow I doubt it....
It's in the T&C because they have no intention to follow their own rules...

Why the Hyatt bashing? I think this demonstrates that Hyatt really wants to focus on their high yield clients.
Old Mar 2, 2017, 1:15 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

What's that got to do with bashing.... why would a LT Glob get 4 additional upgrades compared to a "regular" Glob? Doesn't make sense to me....
And the T&C's can be rewritten at any time, and have been known to be incorrect the first time they are posted.

But as I said, a neat benefit.... if it really does work as assumed.

I suspect it only works like this THIS year. Everybody who has re-qualified has gotten 4 TSU's on March 1st and the moment you hit 60 nights you will get 4 more. But then you won't get any March 1st next year.
Old Mar 2, 2017, 3:22 am

What's that got to do with bashing.... why would a LT Glob get 4 additional upgrades compared to a "regular" Glob? Doesn't make sense to me....
And the T&C's can be rewritten at any time, and have been known to be incorrect the first time they are posted.

But as I said, a neat benefit.... if it really does work as assumed.

I suspect it only works like this THIS year. Everybody who has re-qualified has gotten 4 TSU's on March 1st and the moment you hit 60 nights you will get 4 more. But then you won't get any March 1st next year.
Your second-guessing of Hyatt is bashing. "Oh they wrote it but they will delete in six months anyway".

It seems to me that Hyatt initially did not want to give the 4 TSU to Lifetime members and only award them to the ones that spend the nights to achieve them. That was criticized and Jeff corrected this by promising all Lifetime members will get 4 TSU.

In order to incentivize Lifetime members to stay as much as possible you can earn another set of 4 TSU for 60 nights.

I think that's very smart of Hyatt and a great incentive.
Old Mar 2, 2017, 3:40 am

Programs: UA GS, NH Diamond, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist (formerly Courtesy Card sadly), Amanjunkie, CLEAR
Originally Posted by SMK77
Your second-guessing of Hyatt is bashing. "Oh they wrote it but they will delete in six months anyway".

It seems to me that Hyatt initially did not want to give the 4 TSU to Lifetime members and only award them to the ones that spend the nights to achieve them. That was criticized and Jeff corrected this by promising all Lifetime members will get 4 TSU.

In order to incentivize Lifetime members to stay as much as possible you can earn another set of 4 TSU for 60 nights.

I think that's very smart of Hyatt and a great incentive.
That's how it reads to me as well.
Old Mar 2, 2017, 3:45 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Once upon a time I also believed everything GP promised.... now I know better. And after having to fight over getting night credit for the last days of December any credibility they had is completely gone.
So yes, I'm critical especially when things make no sense. But that's not bashing if there is a basis for being critical.

And I still don't believe that LT Globs will get 4 TSU's every March 1st AND get 4 additional ones for 60 nights. I would bet they will be treated exactly the same as regular Globs and if you meet the 60 nights you will get 4 TSU's immediately (and then lose the yearly award on March 1st). 2017 is the transition year with 4 DSU that you didn't get at the time you re-qualified but received on March 1st and the 4 TSU's you will get at the time you reach 60 nights.

But I could be wrong, time will tell.
Old Mar 2, 2017, 6:02 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Hyatt seems to be considering Glob status separately from the TSUs, free night certs, and My Hyatt Concierges. The benefits of Glob status per see seem to be ONLY the upgrade upon arrival, 4 pm checkout, and slight higher rate of points earning. The other stuff, including the four TSUs, are earned at 60 nights, not upon getting Glob status.
Old Mar 2, 2017, 6:35 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Probably all done in preparation for a future status match.... but you are forgetting the club access / free breakfast, and that's a major one
Old Mar 2, 2017, 7:16 am

I find RTW1's unfounded allegations baseless. Hyatt promised written clarification in March regarding Lifetime membership and the rules are clear: 4 TSU for being a lifetime member and another 4 for reaching 60 nights.

Anything else is willful misinformation and should be ignored unless there is any source or evidence at least hinted at.

The comments so far are not helpful for the community who wants to get facts.
Old Mar 2, 2017, 7:22 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

See me in court? Lighten up... I'm voicing my doubts about how it will actually work, I have no stake in the outcome since I never will be a LT Glob. But I do have an OPINION.
Old Mar 2, 2017, 7:24 am
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
This is FT, speculation is part of the experience.
Old Mar 2, 2017, 7:26 am

Programs: AA EXP & AAirpass, Hyatt Courtesy Card, SPG Platinum
With all due respect, the T&Cs for LT Globalist are crystal clear and specifically mention that additional suite upgrades plus 1-7 cert will be granted upon reaching 60 nights. It is not like they hadn't thought this through and somehow left the terms ambiguous.

See me in court? Lighten up... I'm voicing my doubts about how it will actually work, I have no stake in the outcome since I never will be a LT Glob. But I do have an OPINION.
Old Mar 2, 2017, 7:31 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by sensei
With all due respect, the T&Cs for LT Globalist are crystal clear and specifically mention that additional suite upgrades plus 1-7 cert will be granted upon reaching 60 nights. It is not like they hadn't thought this through and somehow left the terms ambiguous.
And it's exactly what you will get this year.... my speculation/opinion/whatever you call it is for how it will work next year. As a non-LT Glob I also can get 8 TSU's this year.... but then I won't get 4 on March 1st next year.

The whole policy regarding DSU/TSU's where you now cannot aply them to reservations after the validity and get new ones at the time of re-qualifying seems riddled with problems. Look at people even considering not getting to 60nights because they would run out of TSU's when they need them at the end of the year or in the first months. And it's not like GP hasn't been tweaking the T&C's after that first announcement.....

But who knows, it could be they are as generous as it sounds. They sure surprised me with the free night cert that is valid for the whole year.

Last edited by RTW1; Mar 2, 2017 at 7:48 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.