Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lifetime Globalist

Search this Thread

Old Mar 2, 2017, 11:15 pm

Programs: Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, SQ PPS Solitaire
Originally Posted by RTW1
And it's exactly what you will get this year.... my speculation/opinion/whatever you call it is for how it will work next year. As a non-LT Glob I also can get 8 TSU's this year.... but then I won't get 4 on March 1st next year.
And that's fully in line with the published T&C. Globalist members will receive their TSU earlier once completing 60 nights and no longer only on March 1.

You and any Lifetime members can earn 4 TSU till the end of the year for staying 60 nights.

Lifetime members will get 4 TSU on March 1 next you (and you will not).

Hyatt has not put any expiration clause on their T&C and speculations that they might take out the 4 TSU for Lifetime members are baseless.
Old Mar 3, 2017, 12:05 am

Programs: Hyatt Global, Marriot Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by SMK77
And that's fully in line with the published T&C. Globalist members will receive their TSU earlier once completing 60 nights and no longer only on March 1.

You and any Lifetime members can earn 4 TSU till the end of the year for staying 60 nights.

Lifetime members will get 4 TSU on March 1 next you (and you will not).

Hyatt has not put any expiration clause on their T&C and speculations that they might take out the 4 TSU for Lifetime members are baseless.
I agree they will keep it. There aren't a huge number of active LT's.
Old Mar 3, 2017, 1:51 am

Originally Posted by JackE
I agree they will keep it. There aren't a huge number of active LT's.
I just realized that I might be in for another 4 TSU:

(In the Calendar Year when a Member satisfies the one million Base Point requirement and becomes new Lifetime Globalist, that Member will instead receive his or her four (4) Complimentary Suite Upgrade Awards and one (1) Category 1-7 Free Night Award at the time (s)he becomes Lifetime Globalist.)

I will make it to Lifetime next month ^
Old Mar 3, 2017, 1:58 am

Programs: UA GS, NH Diamond, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist (formerly Courtesy Card sadly), Amanjunkie, CLEAR
Just FYI, in case anyone is speculating in the other direction, I got confirmed written proof from Hyatt today that Lifetime Globalists will get the 4 suite upgrades and the free night every year irrespective of how many nights/stays they have with Hyatt.
Old Mar 12, 2017, 1:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Out of curiosity, has anybody heard if the people that got in on the mistaken "Diamond status as long as you remain a credit card holder" offer from a few years back are still receiving Globalist status?
Old Mar 13, 2017, 10:07 am

Programs: 2mm+ UAL | Lifetime Titanium Marriott | Globalist Hyatt | SpireElite IHG
Originally Posted by lucke27
Is there a way to check your progress towards Lifetime Globalist on the Hyatt web site?
Don't believe I saw any response to this, which I question as well.
On the spiffy new website, I can see my current pts in account, as well as progress to status renewal for next year, but nowhere as to sum total of achieve towards the 1mm base points needed. Anyone know where to see/track that?
Would be nice to hit that along with my Lifetime SPG, then just be done with it
Old Mar 13, 2017, 11:38 am

Originally Posted by KevinS
Don't believe I saw any response to this, which I question as well.
On the spiffy new website, I can see my current pts in account, as well as progress to status renewal for next year, but nowhere as to sum total of achieve towards the 1mm base points needed. Anyone know where to see/track that?
Would be nice to hit that along with my Lifetime SPG, then just be done with it
They've been appearing in the summary e-mails. If you're not getting those then you may need to change your communication preferences.
Old Apr 4, 2017, 5:39 pm

I qualified last weekend for Lifetime Globalist and can confirm that the status is immediately reflected on hyatt.com once the stay is credited. I received 1 additional Cat-7-night and 4 additional CSUA that were also credited immediately.

Thanks to WoH I was 'promoted' to Lifetime after 9 years and 11 months in the program. One day 1, I was statusmatched using my HHonors Gold and I have enjoyed my journey with Hyatt ever since. Last year, I completed 63 nights and earned 158,058 base points.
Old Apr 4, 2017, 7:04 pm

Wow! Good for you. The only thing I hate is that lifetime diamond really only rewards people on opm, because no personal traveler spends 30k+ a year. I have been with Hyatt for about 7 years and pay for my own travel for leisure and at my current pace, am still about 15 years away. Honestly, I think that's a bit absurd. I have honestly thought that I should have started with spg...I would be about 3-4 years from lifetime plat with them, and they have a ton more properties. For as absurdly costly compared to other lifetime statuses, lifetime diamond should have better benefits...more akin to cc.

I really wish Hyatt would add a night/year/spend component to make it more attainable for people like me. I mean, if you are diamond for 10 years and spend over 10k a year of your own money and stay 50-60 nights a year for a decade, I really do think that should be enough. Personally, I would like something like 750 nights, 10 years as a diamond total, 100k spend as an alternative to 200k spend flat.
Old Apr 4, 2017, 8:09 pm

Programs: Hyatt LIFETIME Globalist
Originally Posted by antonius66
Wow! Good for you. The only thing I hate is that lifetime diamond really only rewards people on opm, because no personal traveler spends 30k+ a year. I have been with Hyatt for about 7 years and pay for my own travel for leisure and at my current pace, am still about 15 years away. Honestly, I think that's a bit absurd. I have honestly thought that I should have started with spg...I would be about 3-4 years from lifetime plat with them, and they have a ton more properties. For as absurdly costly compared to other lifetime statuses, lifetime diamond should have better benefits...more akin to cc.

I really wish Hyatt would add a night/year/spend component to make it more attainable for people like me. I mean, if you are diamond for 10 years and spend over 10k a year of your own money and stay 50-60 nights a year for a decade, I really do think that should be enough. Personally, I would like something like 750 nights, 10 years as a diamond total, 100k spend as an alternative to 200k spend flat.
I guess I am a "no one" since all of my stays are out of my pocket. Yes, I am a personal traveler and a Lifetime Globalist.
synd and platbrownguy like this.

Last edited by Maui4me1; Apr 4, 2017 at 8:36 pm
Old Apr 4, 2017, 9:27 pm

Originally Posted by antonius66
SPG is going away soon, so you're an infinite number of years away.
Old Apr 5, 2017, 4:19 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by JackE
SPG is going away soon, so you're an infinite number of years away.
Marriott has lifetime elite status.
Old Apr 6, 2017, 1:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Maui4me1
I guess I am a "no one" since all of my stays are out of my pocket. Yes, I am a personal traveler and a Lifetime Globalist.
And rich. Don't forget rich.
Old Apr 6, 2017, 2:17 am

Originally Posted by GUWonder
Marriott has lifetime elite status.
Very true. But Marriott Rewards and SPG are different programs, with SPG going away soon. So if someone is 3-4 years away from SPG lifetime, they'll never get lifetime SPG. They may or may not get lifetime Marriott.
Old Apr 8, 2017, 2:58 am

First stay as Lifetime at Park Hyatt Shanghai. Booked a rack rate and upgraded to a Suite:

Royal welcome: met at the car and walked straight into the I Diplomat Suite - they didn't even wanted to see my credit card. Cake, wine and letter as welcome amenity.

Folks: Keep spending!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.