Search

Lifetime Globalist

Search this Thread

Old May 14, 2021, 10:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by cfabar1
Does spending on your chase card help get you there?
Sorry, nope.

Gotta spend and stay at Hyatt properties enough to earn 1,000,000 base points. Bonus points from the card do not apply.

David
Old May 14, 2021, 10:57 am
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Originally Posted by cfabar1
Does spending on your chase card help get you there?
No it does not just eligible rates/incidentals etc when spending at a hotel
cfabar1 likes this.
Old Aug 4, 2021, 1:51 pm
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA
With all these extensions of awards and TSUs during the pandemic, I have lost a bit track on the amount of TSUs I (potentially) can get. At one point of time I had 15 TSU (I know - weird figure), but could not track back to when they were actually earned. My account still shows I earned 15 TSU, all but three are taken.

Am I right that as a LT Glob I would get TSU based on the Milestones, and another 4 on March 1 every year?

Last edited by 59Impala; Aug 4, 2021 at 1:59 pm
Old Aug 4, 2021, 1:59 pm
skj
Original Poster

Programs: UA 2MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by 59Impala
With all these extensions of awards and TSUs during the pandemic, I have lost a bit track on the amount of TSUs I (potentially) can get. At one point of time I had 12 TSU, but could not track back to when they were actually earned.

Am I right that as a LT Glob I would get TSU based on the Milestones, and another 4 on March 1 every year?
I believe that's correct. That would be a total of 12 each year assuming you earn more than 100 qualifying nights and choose Suite Upgrade Awards instead of the 10K points at 70+ nights.
59Impala likes this.
Old Aug 4, 2021, 2:04 pm
formerly a193991

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA
Originally Posted by skj
I believe that's correct. That would be a total of 12 each year assuming you earn more than 100 qualifying nights and choose Suite Upgrade Awards instead of the 10K points at 70+ nights.
Thanks for confirming. I also noticed that I had 12 TSU and 3 SUA. I believe the SUA are from the milestones (and I must have had 4 originally, 1 fully used and the 3 extended), hence the odd number. I guess the 12 TSU were truly TIER related.
Old Sep 1, 2021, 9:03 pm

Programs: LH HON,BA GGL GfL,Hyatt LT Glob,Mrtt LT P,Hilt LT D,IC Amb,Acc P,GHA Tit,LHW Strlg,Sixt/Av/Hz D/Pres
Originally Posted by altstadthro
Does anybody has a number/figure how many Lifetime Globalist members WOH has world wide? approximately?
Bumping this question out of curiosity.
Old Sep 2, 2021, 8:28 am

Location: Manhattan, Palm Beach Island, San Francisco, Boston, & Hong Kong
Programs: Lifetime United Global Services, Delta Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Ambassador, & Hilton Diamond
Does event spending count? So theoretically if someone hosts a few events at Hyatt hotels, they could achieve lifetime Globalist?
Old Sep 2, 2021, 8:38 am
skj
Original Poster

Originally Posted by WasKnown
Does event spending count? So theoretically if someone hosts a few events at Hyatt hotels, they could achieve lifetime Globalist?
Event spend does not count. According to the T&Cs "All points that can be earned through Qualifying Events as described under this Appendix D are Bonus Points." and Lifetime status requires 1,000,000 Base Points.
WasKnown likes this.
Old Sep 10, 2021, 10:43 pm

Programs: Lifetime United Global Services, Delta Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Ambassador, & Hilton Diamond
If I book rooms for my friends on groups trips and the points go to my account, do these additional points count toward lifetime status? Given the lack of a 10 year requirement, I think I can realistically farm LTG by 2023 if group bookings work.

Am I correct in assuming that LTGs innately get a cat 7 cert and 4 suite upgrade awards then another cat 7 cert and 4 suite upgrade certs at 50 then 60 nights?
Old Sep 10, 2021, 10:59 pm

Programs: AA Pro (mostly B6) OZ♦ (flying BR/UA), BA Silver Hyatt LT, Wynn Black, Cosmo Plat, Mlife Noir
If I book rooms for my friends on groups trips and the points go to my account, do these additional points count toward lifetime status? Given the lack of a 10 year requirement, I think I can realistically farm LTG by 2023 if group bookings work.

Am I correct in assuming that LTGs innately get a cat 7 cert and 4 suite upgrade awards then another cat 7 cert and 4 suite upgrade certs at 50 then 60 nights?
The limitation is up to 3 rooms at once, which also applies to Mlife partnership with the additional restriction of a $5000 limit on incidentals.

And yes to the second question.

Last edited by gengar; Sep 11, 2021 at 2:12 pm Reason: corrected as per below
Old Sep 11, 2021, 5:45 am
skj
Original Poster

From the T&Cs ...

8. Multiple Rooms. A Member may earn points for up to three (3) rooms per night (Member’s room and two (2) additional rooms) within the same hotel or resort. The Member must be a registered guest, occupy at least one of the rooms, and pay an Eligible Rate for all applicable rooms. The Member will earn Base Points for each of the rooms, but the Member will only earn Tier-Qualifying Nights (defined in Appendix B) for one (1) room.
Old Sep 11, 2021, 7:09 am

Thx. What if I pay for my room on points and pay for their room with cash? Does that work?
Old Sep 11, 2021, 7:35 am
formerly a193991

Thx. What if I pay for my room on points and pay for their room with cash? Does that work?
yes, hotel has no way to identify which room you are actually staying in when all are in your name. No issue at all.
WasKnown likes this.
Old Sep 11, 2021, 8:02 am

Originally Posted by 59Impala
yes, hotel has no way to identify which room you are actually staying in when all are in your name. No issue at all.
Thx! This makes LTG super accessible for people that do group trips.
59Impala likes this.
Old Sep 11, 2021, 8:53 am
formerly a193991

Thx! This makes LTG super accessible for people that do group trips.
yep, helped me as well on my 2 trips prior to achieving LTG.
WasKnown likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.