Wiki Posts
Search

Lifetime Globalist

Search this Thread

Old Aug 8, 2023, 4:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by SHLTP
I hear you. I paid around those Sydney rates for PHs in Dubai and in China in the last month and got spectacular service and incredible upgrades to specialty suites.

Hyatt treats me well and I get incredible value for my buck in Asia and Middle East.
​​​​

Not staying at PH Sydney in October - booked 5 nights at Sheraton because it seems better value. The reviews here of PH scared md off, same w PH NY.

US Hyatts treated me well last month but were shockingly expensive for what one gets. I wouldn't be loyal in US if most of my stays were there. I'd be a free agent.
The Sheraton seems like a total bargain compared to the PH. I never checked PH's pricing pre-pandemic, but was it consistently more than A$1300/night in the summer?
Old Aug 8, 2023, 5:02 am

Programs: Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, SQ PPS Solitaire
Originally Posted by Sophoclefr
Strange they haven’t increased the 1m points threshold for years despite inflation (no I’m not saying that because I just became LTG a few months ago )?
In 2027, I will be 20 years in the program as a Diamond/Globalist/Lifetime and I am on track to have earned more than 2 million base points by then as well. I never thought I would reach Lifetime and now I almost earned it twice
Old Aug 8, 2023, 6:42 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
I'm kicking myself for spending so much at SPG. I had friends who chose Hyatt, while I chose Starwood. I should've listened them.

What did it for me was a series of terrible stays at GH Guangzhou with an awful GM treating me with incredible disrespect. I never stayed at a Hyatt for years because of that experience until the Marriott merger forced me to try Hyatt again.

Ironically, I'm staying at that very same GH Guangzhou tomorrow where I'll requalify for Globalist this yr. That GM is long gone from the Hyatt system.
Old Aug 8, 2023, 6:57 am
skj
Original Poster

Programs: UA 2MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Sophoclefr
Strange they haven’t increased the 1m points threshold for years despite inflation (no I’m not saying that because I just became LTG a few months ago )?
The criteria have been 1 million base points/$200k spend for at least the past 20 years. Achieving lifetime status used to be a multi-decade endeavor and also required a minimum of 10 years as a GP member (which was removed when WoH was rolled out). When many of us started down the path to lifetime, rates were frequently $100/night or less and status was 2000 nights (more than 5 years!) away. Now there's multiple reports here and elsewhere of earning LTG in a much shorter period of time due to pricing these days. It's long past time for that threshold to increase.
Old Aug 8, 2023, 7:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by skj
The criteria have been 1 million base points/$200k spend for at least the past 20 years. Achieving lifetime status used to be a multi-decade endeavor and also required a minimum of 10 years as a GP member (which was removed when WoH was rolled out). When many of us started down the path to lifetime, rates were frequently $100/night or less and status was 2000 nights (more than 5 years!) away. Now there's multiple reports here and elsewhere of earning LTG in a much shorter period of time due to pricing these days. It's long past time for that threshold to increase.
crazyhorse, antonius66 and MarkOK like this.
Old Aug 8, 2023, 7:58 am

Programs: SK EBD, WOH Liftime, M&M LH Senator, Avis Pres, Sixt Diam, Hertz Pres, IHG Dia El amb, Radisson VIP
Just reached lifetime Globalist a couple of weeks ago. Took approx 16 years. Haven't yet stayed as a LTG and will let you know how the stay will roll out.
To park discussion about TSU's. You both get the TSU as milestone rewards and 4 handed out when you hit LTG. In addition concierge benefit and cat 7 award.
antonius66 and madmanshoney like this.

Last edited by HighNorth; Aug 8, 2023 at 8:03 am Reason: Typo
Old Aug 8, 2023, 8:55 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA PPro, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by lsquare
Insightful analysis...

Regards
LoungeLizardHugo likes this.
Old Aug 8, 2023, 9:17 am

Programs: Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, Marriott Gold, BA Gold
Originally Posted by HighNorth
Just reached lifetime Globalist a couple of weeks ago. Took approx 16 years. Haven't yet stayed as a LTG and will let you know how the stay will roll out.
To park discussion about TSU's. You both get the TSU as milestone rewards and 4 handed out when you hit LTG. In addition concierge benefit and cat 7 award.
Yes
Well done!
lsquare and HighNorth like this.
Old Aug 8, 2023, 9:51 am
skj
Original Poster

Programs: UA 2MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by HighNorth
Congratulations on reaching LTG! I hope your next stay is a good one!
HighNorth likes this.
Old Aug 8, 2023, 9:56 am

Programs: SK EBD, WOH Liftime, M&M LH Senator, Avis Pres, Sixt Diam, Hertz Pres, IHG Dia El amb, Radisson VIP
Thank you indeed skj! Most likely next stay will be in Europe and at H Regency or similar.
Old Aug 8, 2023, 10:36 am

Programs: AAdvantage ExecPlat, World of Hyatt Globalist, plain "member" of Marriott, IHG, enterprise, etc.
Originally Posted by skj
Depending on your travel patterns, you can still frequently be staying at rates of $100/night or less -- and tons of people aren't LTG yet but have lots of points accumulated during such times as well. No reason to devalue those efforts just because they didn't cross the finish line yet.

Most of my stays are in fact rather inexpensive because I often stay off peak at non-luxury hotels (and don't tell me that staying when hotels have empty rooms isn't valuable to the properties or the program!)

And there is no reason to adjust the threshhold. It's not like there are hoards of liftetime globalists competing for TSU space. If anything, the growth of Hyatt's footprint is probably far outpacing the growth of LTGs due to general inflation.
Old Aug 8, 2023, 1:10 pm
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Originally Posted by SHLTP
I hear you. I paid around those Sydney rates for PHs in Dubai and in China in the last month and got spectacular service and incredible upgrades to specialty suites.

Hyatt treats me well and I get incredible value for my buck in Asia and Middle East.
​​​​

Not staying at PH Sydney in October - booked 5 nights at Sheraton because it seems better value. The reviews here of PH scared md off, same w PH NY.

US Hyatts treated me well last month but were shockingly expensive for what one gets. I wouldn't be loyal in US if most of my stays were there. I'd be a free agent.
Great observation and what I have noticed too. Within the US my business is down in half leaning towards only premium experiences as I'm worn out from
tired sub par so called 3 or 4 star properties not measuring up.Now I look forward to staying.
Being a LT Globber really helps you to weed out the under performers as no stay requirements

I would debate that even with some very minor negatives the Sheraton Grand in Sydney offers more value
for elites than any property I can wrap my mind around
or think of other than Andaz Vienna both come in at or around 200 US dollars or slightly higher and offer
enormous recognition and value
When I think of folks booking the InterCon Sydney and then paying 250 a day to access the club even
for elites its mind blowing.
I hear the club offerings are mediocre too.Have to say Marriott Bonvoy is leading the way in that market
in that one property carrying on their elite tradition.
Sheraton Grand has an impressive club outdoing most Hyatts these days.Mornings and evenings.
Close but second place Grand Hyatt Melbourne
The Hyatt Regency Syd despite a wonderful GM has misguided ownership downgrading the club
while the new W SYD opening with a higher end hard product will be serious competition.

Yes its sad what PH Sydney has become based on most data points but still a must stay for the die hard fans
of the property and those
that still need to experience at least once.If you take the Sheraton away I would probably go for the Kimpton
and just buy my breakfast elsewhereViews aren't necessary especially when traveling alone.
lsquare and joecool1885 like this.
Old Aug 18, 2023, 9:48 pm

Programs: UA 1k now; AA (no status); HY Diamond; SPG Platinum
T

2nd family member in the household to reach life time G.

For Me is was about 11 years- for my nephew 16 years
Old Aug 18, 2023, 10:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by krispykrme
T
2nd family member in the household to reach life time G.

For Me is was about 11 years- for my nephew 16 years
Congratulations!

David
lsquare likes this.

Last edited by Zorak; Aug 19, 2023 at 7:13 pm Reason: removing quoted images
Old Aug 18, 2023, 10:29 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
Congrats. Happily jealous of you.
EuropeanPete and lsquare like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.