Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lifetime Globalist

Search this Thread

Old Sep 11, 2021, 2:20 pm

Interesting. THis post in a Marriott thread suggests otherwise...

Originally Posted by GrayAnderson View Post
I'm in an odd position WRT Hyatt because I have a single expensive event there every year which actually takes a reasonable chunk out of LTG there.

Would have loved for GrayAnderson to give details, but a moderator killed my request for more details. Hopefully they see this thread here and can comment on how to get LTG credit for events...
WasKnown likes this.
Old Sep 12, 2021, 8:13 am

Location: Manhattan, Palm Beach Island, San Francisco, Boston, & Hong Kong
Programs: Lifetime United Global Services, Delta Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Ambassador, & Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by boolean64
Interesting. THis post in a Marriott thread suggests otherwise...

Originally Posted by GrayAnderson View Post
I'm in an odd position WRT Hyatt because I have a single expensive event there every year which actually takes a reasonable chunk out of LTG there.

Would have loved for GrayAnderson to give details, but a moderator killed my request for more details. Hopefully they see this thread here and can comment on how to get LTG credit for events...
GrayAnderson care to comment on your experience?

We run an annual gala for our NGO in NYC every year. Currently hosted at a private club in the city but happy to shift it to a Hyatt if it can get me immediate Lifetime Globalist status. Would this (base point accrual wrt lt status) be something you specifically negotiate into your contract?
Old Nov 15, 2021, 1:27 pm

Programs: UA-1K, AA-Gold, H GP-LIfeTime Diamond
Not sure if this is hotel specific or an unofficial perk for LT Diamond (aka LT Globalists)…

Hyatt Regency Waikiki: booked multiple rooms and multiple nights with cash rate. Inquired to see if they still offer complimentary self parking and was told “yes, but only due to my LT status” and proceed to update my key card.

Any other LT had similar experience at other locations?
Old Nov 15, 2021, 1:52 pm
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Originally Posted by 168
Not sure if this is hotel specific or an unofficial perk for LT Diamond (aka LT Globalists)…

Hyatt Regency Waikiki: booked multiple rooms and multiple nights with cash rate. Inquired to see if they still offer complimentary self parking and was told “yes, but only due to my LT status” and proceed to update my key card.

Typically only on award nights I thought.Paid rates free parking? pretty cool if so
Old Nov 15, 2021, 7:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by 168

Wow. That's real love from HR Waikiki.

David
Old Nov 16, 2021, 10:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Looks like I'm just about a quarter of the way to LT status.

So I think that means I'll never hit it unless they run some promo where I could make some real progress.
Old Nov 16, 2021, 2:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by josephstern
Looks like I'm just about a quarter of the way to LT status.

So I think that means I'll never hit it unless they run some promo where I could make some real progress.
It's just spend.

David
Old Nov 16, 2021, 5:04 pm

Location: Bangkok, Thailand. No longer Palm Coast, FL though still exiled, again, from the Bay Area.
Programs: Only the good ones
Originally Posted by 168
According to my friend, Mr LT Globalist, he tells me it's not an official benefit, but that many times the hotel will waive the parking without even asking.
WasKnown likes this.
Old Nov 16, 2021, 6:55 pm
skj
Original Poster

Programs: UA 2MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by rbAA
According to my friend, Mr LT Globalist, he tells me it's not an official benefit, but that many times the hotel will waive the parking without even asking.
Property specific and very few properties in my experience. HR Austin is the only one out of maybe 20 domestic properties to waive parking on a paid stay.
WasKnown likes this.
Old Nov 18, 2021, 3:18 pm

Programs: UA-1K, AA-Gold, H GP-LIfeTime Diamond
Originally Posted by skj
Property specific and very few properties in my experience. HR Austin is the only one out of maybe 20 domestic properties to waive parking on a paid stay.
Spoke with a location in my town. It seems if the hotel does not own the parking facility, they will have no choice but to bill LT Globs on paid night. For award stays, they pay the 3rd party parking and bill Corporate. Was really hoping this is a new perk to entice us making additional leisure weekend travels.
WasKnown likes this.
Old Mar 16, 2022, 2:45 pm
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA
TSU 2-year validity

I only realized now, that the 4 TSU I received on March 1 are valid for 2 full years. Is this new? Others as well?

that is nice and generous.
Gertjaars likes this.
Old Mar 16, 2022, 3:37 pm

Programs: Southwest A List Preferred, Bonvoy Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, American Airlines Gold
Originally Posted by 59Impala
I only realized now, that the 4 TSU I received on March 1 are valid for 2 full years. Is this new? Others as well?

If you earn it this year, it is good for all of next year (which is through Feb 28, 2024).
Old Mar 16, 2022, 3:54 pm
Suspended
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta Gold Medallion, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Im guessing this is only for those that requalified this year.
Originally Posted by 59Impala

Old Mar 16, 2022, 4:02 pm

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist, Marriot LT Titanium, UA 2.4MM, HH Gold, AS MVPG
Originally Posted by Gertjaars
Once Lifetime Globalist you do not need to qualify again to get 4 TSUs, 1 Cat 1-7 and My Concierge access. You’ll get the awards on March 1 of each year. If you do stay 50 nights (and then 60) you’ll receive the additional TSUs and an additional cat 1-7 award.
Gertjaars likes this.
Old Mar 16, 2022, 11:38 pm
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA
Originally Posted by bwallet
If you earn it this year, it is good for all of next year (which is through Feb 28, 2024).
Originally Posted by Gertjaars
Originally Posted by SF1K
Once Lifetime Globalist you do not need to qualify again to get 4 TSUs, 1 Cat 1-7 and My Concierge access. You’ll get the awards on March 1 of each year. If you do stay 50 nights (and then 60) you’ll receive the additional TSUs and an additional cat 1-7 award.

correct, I did not requalify. I am talking of TSU‘s, not SUA earned through milestones. These are the 4 TSU I get anyways, and they are valid 2 years. Previously they were valid for 1 year.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.