Search

Lifetime Globalist

Search this Thread

Old Sep 8, 2020, 6:47 am
skj
Original Poster

Programs: UA 2MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Matt4200
If you don’t hit 60 nights a year do LTG retain MHC? I thought it was a Milestone to have MHC annually. Just wondering. Also, nice to hear though.
It's really not that hard to find in the T&Cs ...

from https://help.hyatt.com/en/hyatt-term...globalist#/VIC

"Benefits. Members with Lifetime Globalist status (each a “Lifetime Globalist”) will receive all of the benefits of Globalist status, as set forth in the “Globalist Status” section above. In addition, Lifetime Globalists will receive the following awards and benefits described in Appendix B without the need to satisfy a minimum annual Base Point earning or Tier-Qualifying Night threshold:
(i) Four (4) Complimentary Suite Upgrade Awards annually;
(ii) One (1) Category 1-7 Free Night Award annually; and
(iii) Access to a dedicated My Hyatt Concierge agent."
Old Sep 8, 2020, 8:25 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by skj

"Benefits. Members with Lifetime Globalist status (each a “Lifetime Globalist”) will receive all of the benefits of Globalist status, as set forth in the “Globalist Status” section above. In addition, Lifetime Globalists will receive the following awards and benefits described in Appendix B without the need to satisfy a minimum annual Base Point earning or Tier-Qualifying Night threshold:
So what you’re saying is I should try to spend 200k with Hyatt as soon as possible?
Old Sep 8, 2020, 9:16 am

Originally Posted by skj

LOL - wish people would READ (and follow).... not hard to do.
Old Sep 8, 2020, 9:17 am

I know others will disagree, but I love that Lifetime Globalist is revenue only. It keeps the cheaters away and values the people who actually pay Hyatt real money. When the economy improves I actually hope Hyatt puts spend requirements in place to get/maintain Globalist ($5 - $7K per year would be more than fair).
Markie, Maui4me1, drewp123 and 2 others like this.
Old Sep 8, 2020, 10:04 am
skj
Original Poster

Programs: UA 2MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by txhyattlvr
I know others will disagree, but I love that Lifetime Globalist is revenue only. It keeps the cheaters away and values the people who actually pay Hyatt real money. When the economy improves I actually hope Hyatt puts spend requirements in place to get/maintain Globalist ($5 - $7K per year would be more than fair).
I agree ... In another thread about lessening the requirements for LTG, I said

"I don't know why Hyatt would make any changes to the qualification requirements for LT status. They've had essentially the same criteria for at least 20 years, and they've already made it simpler by removing the 10 years as a Diamond/Glob status requirement. I'd also argue it's easier to reach the 1000000 base point/$200K spend today than it was 20 years ago, simply because the average room rate is higher. What's in it for Hyatt to make attaining the status any easier ? How is it beneficial to Hyatt to have a larger population of LT Globs ?"
Maui4me1 likes this.
Old Sep 8, 2020, 10:22 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
I am not sure I agree with the "cheaters" comment because personally I view points as just another currency. For example, if Hyatt gives me good points redemptions opportunities I will tend to transfer Chase Ultimate Rewards points to Hyatt and book rooms with Hyatt. If Hyatt does not offer good points redemptions, I will tend to use Chase points to transfer to airline miles instead and on my Hyatt stays I will use cash more often than not. In other words, my Chase points naturally gravitate to where they have decent value and I never felt like a cheater before. And regarding points which were earned on Hyatt stays well it's perfectly normal that those must be spent on Hyatt rooms so there is no cheating element for sure when using those points for rooms.

That said, if Hyatt was to introduce a spend requirement like Marriott did for the top tier, and if elite treatment was improved as a result (my suite upgrade success has improved with Marriott since the AMB100 threshold), then I am all for it. My interest in Hyatt top tier would rise, and therefore I would be staying at Hyatt more often.

I view a spend threshold more like an increase in the difficulty to reach top tier (bottom line is that I will need more total nights, cash plus points), rather than cutting out cheaters.

In my opinion it is a bit disconnected that you can reach Globalist without spend on an annual basis but that for LT it is purely spend based. If I was designing a program from scratch, I would probably make them match, for example either both are spend only, or both are nights only, or both are spend+nights.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Sep 8, 2020, 11:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

why wait til economy improves? surely ppl who pay "real money" are not hindered by silly things like lack of employer/client paid business travel...

airlines and hotels survive on money they get from banks by selling points and miles to cc users so let's not get on this high horse if we cant ride it...
Old Sep 8, 2020, 11:10 am
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Originally Posted by escape4
Is it the general feeling that upgrades as LT Glob are better than upgrades as Glob? If so it might give me the incentive to shoot for it.
In my experience its about the same.
The hotels that treated you well before LT Glob continue to treat you well occasionally you may get the
extra vip suite if everything else is booked out due to demand
But realistically I see no difference after years of being a Lifer Glob
The upside is never having to earn it so you stay only in your preferred hotels that deserve your business and treat you well
I rarely stay in the limited service properties and was forced to in years past having to meet requirements.
The pressure is off
Also having lifetime Titanium status with Marriott and Diamond Hilton I've got everything I need and all my bases covered if one hotel is not fairly
priced or a given brand is a better hotel in the given destination/ market etc.If your only purpose is to get better upgrades IMHO your wasting your time shooting for LT
The Globalist tier already accomplishes that on point pretty much the same
hedoman, renila, SPN Lifer and 2 others like this.
Old Sep 9, 2020, 12:26 pm

Not sure why achieving Globalist through any means advertised and recognized by Hyatt, including by providing business to its strategic partners, makes anyone a "cheater." Or is your otherwise militant insistence that all parties follow the T&Cs to the letter only applicable when it conforms to your preferences regarding how Hyatt runs its business and loyalty program?
renila and Matt4200 like this.
Old Sep 9, 2020, 1:44 pm

Originally Posted by skj
I agree ... In another thread about lessening the requirements for LTG, I said

"I don't know why Hyatt would make any changes to the qualification requirements for LT status. They've had essentially the same criteria for at least 20 years, and they've already made it simpler by removing the 10 years as a Diamond/Glob status requirement. I'd also argue it's easier to reach the 1000000 base point/$200K spend today than it was 20 years ago, simply because the average room rate is higher. What's in it for Hyatt to make attaining the status any easier ? How is it beneficial to Hyatt to have a larger population of LT Globs ?"

I don’t think anyone is arguing for Hyatt to lessen the requirements for LTG. I think 1,000,000 base points is reasonable for a Lifetime Status. I know some have “wished” it would include points nights stayed, but haven’t given a serious argument towards that.

On my end I think spending 200k with a hotel chain is a lot. I’d say I spend 5-8k a year on hotel stays. None of them business related some visiting family, and some vacations. So with that in mind it’d take me 35-40 years to reach. I’m not arguing to change that in any way. I think if I came into serious money somehow one of the first things I would do is stay long term at a top Hyatt spending 50k to boost my LTG meter, then again in a month or so. There’s no way to “cheat” LTG, whenever your spend hits 1 Million Base Points earned you’ll get it no sooner no later.

But anyone who wins the lottery or comes into over a Million Dollars I’d highly recommend just staying a couple weeks at a time at PH NYC or another top property. That investment (and amazing stay) will help you the rest of your life. I say that because I’ve known millionaires who’ve had it all and now make 50k a year, just the way of life. Things come and go but LTG is forever

At least that’s my viewpoint on it. And some may consider that “cheating” because they’re hitting half or more of the LTG requirements in a couple months versus the typical 10 years or stays and spend. But it’s completely legitimate and it’s my strong recommendation should anyone find themselves in that situation.
Old Sep 10, 2020, 9:52 pm
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
Originally Posted by Matt4200
Things come and go but LTG is forever
Or until Hyatt is bought by some hotel chain like IHG and they give you Spire for life as compensation
Personally I do not think it's Globalist forever - it's Globalist until further notice
Old Sep 10, 2020, 11:57 pm

Originally Posted by escape4
Or until Hyatt is bought by some hotel chain like IHG and they give you Spire for life as compensation
Personally I do not think it's Globalist forever - it's Globalist until further notice
To me it’s a Lifetime, I strongly doubt Hyatt will be acquired anytime in my life. I see them building up and franchising. They’ll be on top forever
Old Sep 11, 2020, 3:53 am

Programs: Hilton LTD, Hyatt Glob, Marriott LTTE, AA LTP, Avis PC, National EE, Seabourn DE
Matt, your preoccupation with Hyatt.......suggest you seek help from a mental health nurse.
Maui4me1 and ZBigFam like this.
Old Sep 11, 2020, 12:48 pm

Originally Posted by hedoman
Matt, your preoccupation with Hyatt.......suggest you seek help from a mental health nurse.
To me Hyatt is the Lawry’s The Prime Rib of their category. For those that don’t know Lawry’s the Prime Rib has been around since the 1930’s serving up the best Prime Rib in the country. And they’ll be around for another 90+ years in the same way as Hyatt. Catering to the Elite, Having a Limited footprint (giving them a feel of exclusivity) and the best quality is what both have in common.

Thats how I feel about Hyatt. I’m sorry you don’t share those feelings.
Old May 14, 2021, 10:43 am

Programs: Delta Skymiles
Does spending on your chase card help get you there?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.