Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lifetime Globalist

Search this Thread

Old Mar 17, 2022, 1:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by 59Impala
correct, I did not requalify. I am talking of TSU‘s, not SUA earned through milestones. These are the 4 TSU I get anyways, and they are valid 2 years. Previously they were valid for 1 year.
Isn't SUA just the new name for TSU since they switch to WoH?

Shouldn't the lifetime ones be valid for 2 years since they are treated as though earned this year? They are valid for the rest of this year and all of next year. Or is that not how it worked in the past?
Old Mar 17, 2022, 2:02 pm

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist, Marriot LT Titanium, UA 2.4MM, HH Gold, AS MVPG
Originally Posted by VegasGambler

Shouldn't the lifetime ones be valid for 2 years since they are treated as though earned this year? They are valid for the rest of this year and all of next year. Or is that not how it worked in the past?
My account actually makes distinction between the two.

The ones that posted on March 1 due to being LTG are labeled “Tier Suite Upgrade Award”. The others that I earned by hitting milestones are labeled “Suite Upgrade Award”.
59Impala likes this.
Old Mar 17, 2022, 2:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by SF1K
My account actually makes distinction between the two.

The ones that posted on March 1 due to being LTG are labeled “Tier Suite Upgrade Award”. The others that I earned by hitting milestones are labeled “Suite Upgrade Award”.
Oh that's interesting. Are they otherwise identical?
Old Mar 17, 2022, 2:42 pm
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA

no, I have both types in my account. At the end the same result when using them but could have an influence when trying to extend? Would be interesting to find that out….
Old Apr 11, 2022, 11:49 am

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist, Marriot LT Titanium, UA 2.4MM, HH Gold, AS MVPG
Oh that's interesting. Are they otherwise identical?
Yes otherwise the same.
Old May 29, 2022, 1:22 pm

How do I opt-in to get the monthly statement that lets me track my progress to LG? I selected it under Communication Preferences on the Hyatt website but do not get a statement.

Last edited by IAD_flyer; May 29, 2022 at 1:23 pm Reason: Error
Old May 31, 2022, 12:59 am

Programs: World of Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by IAD_flyer
How do I opt-in to get the monthly statement that lets me track my progress to LG? I selected it under Communication Preferences on the Hyatt website but do not get a statement.
Same here
Old May 31, 2022, 5:00 am
formerly a193991

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA
Originally Posted by IAD_flyer
Originally Posted by rota
Same here
I presume you already checked your spam inbox.
you should be able to call MHC to check the status. Another more technical way is to go to your account page and then look up the „java script“. You can then search for „lifetime points“ or similar. I only have my ipad now and cannot do it on this device to help you better, but on a PC it should work.

edit:
found a previous post of mine

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/33897423-post5.html

I recleive them every month.
another way of checking, albeit not user friendly, logon to your account and view JavaScript. search for "points"

Last edited by 59Impala; May 31, 2022 at 5:51 am
Old May 31, 2022, 8:40 am

I pulled the JSON data stored in the Javascript tag. The "lifePoints" element does not seem to just lifetime base points as the number it gives me is way too high. I am assuming this number includes bonus and CC points too which does not help calculate the total for the lifetime status.
Old May 31, 2022, 10:30 pm

Programs: World of Hyatt Globalist
But still don't get the monthly mail. Sure, I checked spam.

Last time I got the mail was July 2021.
Old Jun 1, 2022, 12:03 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by rota
But still don't get the monthly mail. Sure, I checked spam.

Last time I got the mail was July 2021.
I'm in the same position as well -- July 2021 is the last month I received an emailed monthly account summary too, very odd!
Old Jun 4, 2022, 11:17 am

Programs: UA1k, Oneworld Sapphire, Hyatt Globalist, IHG DiamondAmb, Hilton Diamond, Marriott LTP,
I have been a Hyatt member for approx. 9 years, I have been a Globalist / Diamond member for 8 of those 9 years.

I would like to hit LT Globalist status, firstly how do I check how far I am from hitting this? Secondly I understand that credit card spending can count towards the 1m base points total, does that include any spend on the CC?
Old Jun 4, 2022, 11:36 am
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Originally Posted by navatwal
I have been a Hyatt member for approx. 9 years, I have been a Globalist / Diamond member for 8 of those 9 years.

I would like to hit LT Globalist status, firstly how do I check how far I am from hitting this? Secondly I understand that credit card spending can count towards the 1m base points total, does that include any spend on the CC?
The easiest way to check is to call the Glob line and ask how many base points you have earned towards the 200k spending min
They can tell you exactly in base points and dollars how far off you are
CC spend does not earn base points towards earning LTG Status for that reason the WOH credit cards can’t help you earn lifetime Globalist status

Also as a fresh reminder never ask for miles at check in for a stay ever as you will earn miles and no base points towards your LT status
If you want miles let the stay post as points and later call to change over to miles.
It took me extra years to get my Glob lifetime status falling into this trap.Today on record and off I am close to over double lifetime Globalist status
I was staying with Hyatt for years before there was any loyalty program when you received no recognition other than liking your stay or not!
Perhaps Lifetime Globalist Plus status should be in the works

https://onemileatatime.com/guides/hy...balist-status/

Last edited by 777 global mile hound; Jun 4, 2022 at 11:50 am
Old Jun 4, 2022, 12:41 pm
formerly a193991

see 4 post before yours…
Old Jun 5, 2022, 12:11 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 100k, Delta Platinum

see 4 post before yours…
The lifetime points from the "accounts" page includes all credit card, bonus points, and points transfers from travel partners. It doesn't accurately calculate base spend points. Mine is showing almost 3 million, while the emails I am receiving are showing about 600k and I don't yet have lifetime
IAD_flyer likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.