Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

[HYATT NEWBIE LOUNGE - 2016] Ask Your Questions Here (flame/snark free)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 18, 2023, 11:58 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jbeckett
The following info may be helpful for all newbies:

Hyatt issued CAT 1-4 award at 30 night milestone: expiration 6 months later.
Hyatt issued CAT 1-7 award at 60 night milestone: expiration 6 months later.
Chase WoH credit card issued CAT 1-4 award at annual renewal: expiration 12 months later.
Chase WoH credit card issued CAT 1-4 award at $15k spend: expiration 12 months later.
Hyatt issued CAT 1-4 Brand explorer award (for every 5 brands): expiration 12 months later.

Print Wikipost

[HYATT NEWBIE LOUNGE - 2016] Ask Your Questions Here (flame/snark free)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 23, 2021, 9:28 am
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA
Originally Posted by thuctrang
Reservation agent accidentally booked a cat 1-4 hotel with my cat 1-7 cert. Then she cancelled the cert but this "free night" reservation is still active on my account. What is happening with this reservation?
if there is still award space available, I'd cancel the reservation(s). Then book a ficticious Cat7 room far out. then book the Cat1-4 hotel and later cancel the Cat7 reservation.
unfortunately, sometimes just any cert is pulled... this is the only way to circumvent and that's what I always do.
Old Dec 23, 2021, 9:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
I'll have 48 nights by the time of my stay extending through New Years from Dec 30 - Jan 3. Is there anyway to get the first two nights credited to 2021 so that I reach the 50 night milestone?
Old Dec 23, 2021, 9:56 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by hailstorm
I'll have 48 nights by the time of my stay extending through New Years from Dec 30 - Jan 3. Is there anyway to get the first two nights credited to 2021 so that I reach the 50 night milestone?
Yes, make a 2 night stay between now and 12/30, it’s definitely worth the (2) TSU’s for a $150 (2) night MR.
Old Dec 23, 2021, 10:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Matt4200
Yes, make a 2 night stay between now and 12/30, it’s definitely worth the (2) TSU’s for a $150 (2) night MR.
Nah, not doing that. Guess I'll see if the hotel can help me out.
Old Dec 23, 2021, 11:18 pm

Originally Posted by hailstorm
Nah, not doing that. Guess I'll see if the hotel can help me out.
With a 12/30 check in you don’t even have 2 eligible nights to credit to 2021…

12/30 would be one night possibly eligible to 2021

12/31 would not be eligible to credit to 2021 as the night of 12/31 always credits to the following year

From then on all the rest are automatically the following year.

Guess (2) TSU’s aren’t worth $150 to you…
Old Dec 23, 2021, 11:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Guess (2) TSU’s aren’t worth $150 to you…
Actually, they aren't. I don't anticipate too much travel in 2022-23, I've had good luck with being upgraded to a suite without TSUs during down times, and haven't seen an opportunity to use them during busy times. So I'd end up going out of my way to use them, much like going out of my way to spend two nights that definitely will cost a lot more than $150 in Tokyo.

I'll take them if I can, but not worth my trouble to spend my way up to them.
Old Dec 24, 2021, 7:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Can someone please help me here as I'm totally confused about what to do? So on August 4th, 2021, I got an email from Chase informing me that I had earned my Cat 1-4 FNC after spending $15k. While on the phone with Chase discussing some account issues, I asked Chase what my total 2021 spend is on my Hyatt card. The rep said roughly $12.5k. Whoa? If true, how did I get the email informing me of the FNC? I have to admit I haven't done a good job keeping track of my spending on the FNCs I have accrued over the years. I don't know for sure if Chase/Hyatt actually issued the FNC for this year to me as I already had FNCs on my account. I know that Chase/Hyatt is moving to calendar-based spending for 2022 and beyond. I got my Chase Hyatt card in 2019. So how do I know for sure I got my FNC for 2021? If not, I still have a week left in the year. Can I make the remaining spending and get the FNC for this year?

Thanks!
Old Dec 24, 2021, 9:12 pm

How fast for points to be back in account?

1- Assuming the hotel directly by calling them waives the cancellation policy and provides a cancellation # -- How long for the points to be available?

2- Is it more of a shure thing to call Christmas Day the explorer desk and have them call hotel if needed. If I have the Explorer phone line access do you think this can be do Dec 25 for travel on Dec 26 or Dec 27
Old Dec 24, 2021, 9:55 pm
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA
Originally Posted by writetorich
1- Assuming the hotel directly by calling them waives the cancellation policy and provides a cancellation # -- How long for the points to be available?

2- Is it more of a shure thing to call Christmas Day the explorer desk and have them call hotel if needed. If I have the Explorer phone line access do you think this can be do Dec 25 for travel on Dec 26 or Dec 27
once the reservation is cancelled, points are back in your account immediately. I only once had an issue in my many years, that MHC had to manually make an adjustment, but I must admit I had made a couple of new reservations and cancellations within only a couple of minutes, which may have been the issue.
Old Dec 25, 2021, 9:37 am
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by lsquare
Can someone please help me here as I'm totally confused about what to do? So on August 4th, 2021, I got an email from Chase informing me that I had earned my Cat 1-4 FNC after spending $15k. While on the phone with Chase discussing some account issues, I asked Chase what my total 2021 spend is on my Hyatt card. The rep said roughly $12.5k. Whoa? If true, how did I get the email informing me of the FNC? I have to admit I haven't done a good job keeping track of my spending on the FNCs I have accrued over the years. I don't know for sure if Chase/Hyatt actually issued the FNC for this year to me as I already had FNCs on my account. I know that Chase/Hyatt is moving to calendar-based spending for 2022 and beyond. I got my Chase Hyatt card in 2019. So how do I know for sure I got my FNC for 2021? If not, I still have a week left in the year. Can I make the remaining spending and get the FNC for this year?

Thanks!
As you mentioned, the calendar-year accounting starts in 2022 so for this year it's still based on card anniversary; thus it's believable that, even though you spent < $15k in CY2021, you have $15k+ between your card anniversary in 2020 and your card anniversary in 2021. The $15k certs seem to be good for a year, so check your account for one that expires Aug 2022? If you haven't already used it that is (I'm not sure how quickly they fall off but right now I only see unused ones in my account)

I believe there's also a one-time opportunity, due to the upcoming conversion, to spend an additional $15k between your anniversary in 2021 and 31 Dec 2021 for a 2nd cert, but since my anniversary is in late December I didn't pay a lot of attention to this...

Would suggest the main WoH Visa thread for further followup (also the info in the wiki): https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyat...ed-2018-a.html
lsquare likes this.
Old Dec 25, 2021, 12:24 pm

First globalist stay coming up....my bill currently shows resort fees of $135 for the stay. This is a paid stay, do they eventually get wiped away or is that only for award stays? Thanks!
Old Dec 25, 2021, 12:36 pm

Programs: AA EXP, BA Gold, VS Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by NJTeacher
First globalist stay coming up....my bill currently shows resort fees of $135 for the stay. This is a paid stay, do they eventually get wiped away or is that only for award stays? Thanks!
If they’re resort fees (and not service fees) and you qualify for Globalist before your check in date then you won’t be liable for the resort fees.
NJTeacher likes this.
Old Dec 25, 2021, 2:41 pm

Has anyone had this issue when a stay posts?

(Stay was booked through official Hyatt channels it was an Award stay, but shows 0 Qualifying Nights)
Old Dec 25, 2021, 2:56 pm

Programs: AA EXP, BA Gold, VS Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Has anyone had this issue when a stay posts?

(Stay was booked through official Hyatt channels it was an Award stay, but shows 0 Qualifying Nights)
Just message on Twitter or Hyatt.com chat and ask them to fix it. It's unusual but it happens sometimes.
Old Dec 25, 2021, 4:10 pm

Originally Posted by coleslaw
Just message on Twitter or Hyatt.com chat and ask them to fix it. It's unusual but it happens sometimes.
I did message and call both said they can’t do anything until 3-4 days after, even though it’s posted to my WOH account.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.