Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

[HYATT NEWBIE LOUNGE - 2016] Ask Your Questions Here (flame/snark free)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 18, 2023, 11:58 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jbeckett
The following info may be helpful for all newbies:

Hyatt issued CAT 1-4 award at 30 night milestone: expiration 6 months later.
Hyatt issued CAT 1-7 award at 60 night milestone: expiration 6 months later.
Chase WoH credit card issued CAT 1-4 award at annual renewal: expiration 12 months later.
Chase WoH credit card issued CAT 1-4 award at $15k spend: expiration 12 months later.
Hyatt issued CAT 1-4 Brand explorer award (for every 5 brands): expiration 12 months later.

Print Wikipost

[HYATT NEWBIE LOUNGE - 2016] Ask Your Questions Here (flame/snark free)

Search this Thread

Old May 26, 2021, 12:24 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, Hyatt Globalist
Any idea what I can expect in terms of WOH night credits for connecting rooms? Will I get credited 1 "elite qualifying" night per night, or 1 per night per room?

We have a total of 9-nights coming up in the next couple months, each with 2x-connecting rooms booked. Am I likely to get credit for 9-nights on my WOH account, 18 or somewhere-in-the-middle depending on the whims of Hyatt, phase of the moon and current astrological alignment?
Old May 26, 2021, 12:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
"Connecting" rooms is irrelevant, TBH...per the T&Cs you get credit for the nights for the room you are staying in. WOH doesn't do night credit for booking multiple rooms
atourgates likes this.
Old May 28, 2021, 9:59 am

Redeeming free night certificates

Hey Everyone,

I have a number of free night certificates. Some are expiring sooner and some later. Some are only category 1-4 and others are 1-7.

If I book a room through the app will it automatically use the cat 1-4 and one about to expire the soonest? I don’t want to use a 1-7 one on a category four hotel and don’t want to use one that expires in 2022 when I have one expiring sooner. Apologies if this has already been asked.
Old May 28, 2021, 10:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
I believe it takes the one expiring soonest. If it does not, a call the customer service will get it corrected.
Old May 28, 2021, 3:30 pm
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA
Originally Posted by BobJohnson
Hey Everyone,

I have a number of free night certificates. Some are expiring sooner and some later. Some are only category 1-4 and others are 1-7.

If I book a room through the app will it automatically use the cat 1-4 and one about to expire the soonest? I don’t want to use a 1-7 one on a category four hotel and don’t want to use one that expires in 2022 when I have one expiring sooner. Apologies if this has already been asked.
i once had a Cat1-7 pulled for a Cat4 hotel. So I cancelled again, booked a Cat7 hotel, then the Cat4 hotel, and cancelled the Cat7 again.... couldn‘t figure out the logic how Hyatt pulls from multiple awards... give it a try else no other option but calling in.
Old Jun 1, 2021, 1:38 pm

I have 3 nights on points booked (at Ventana 30k/night) with a suite upgrade award confirmed. Can I replace one of the 3 nights with a Cat 1-7 certificate while preserving my suite upgrade?
Old Jun 1, 2021, 1:49 pm

Programs: AA EXP, BA Gold, VS Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Troopers
I have 3 nights on points booked (at Ventana 30k/night) with a suite upgrade award confirmed. Can I replace one of the 3 nights with a Cat 1-7 certificate while preserving my suite upgrade?
I think you’ll struggle to even swap out the 3rd night for an award instead of points. You’d need to have three nights of award availability just to switch out the points for the award.
Old Jun 1, 2021, 1:55 pm

Originally Posted by coleslaw
I think you’ll struggle to even swap out the 3rd night for an award instead of points. You’d need to have three nights of award availability just to switch out the points for the award.
But doesn't award and points stay come from the same "pot"?
Old Jun 1, 2021, 1:55 pm
skj

Programs: UA 2MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold
No. Per the T&Cs, you can't use a suite upgrade award with a Cat 1-7 free night award.

" Complimentary Suite Upgrade Awards are valid on nights for which the Member has paid an Eligible Rate or has redeemed points for a standard-room Free Night Award, a Club Free Night Award, or a standard-room Points + Cash Award, up to a maximum of seven (7) consecutive nights. Not valid in connection with any Free Night Award other than those identified above, including, without limitation, Hyatt-branded Credit Card premium and anniversary Free Night Awards, 5-brand Free Night Awards, Category 1-7 Free Night Awards (defined below), or any other promotional Free Night Award. "

If you feel like gambling a bit, you could book your 3rd night with the Cat 1-7 certificate (assuming availability) and then reduce your points stay with suite upgrade to the first 2 nights only. It's possible the property would let you stay in the suite for the third night and not make you change rooms.
Old Jun 1, 2021, 1:56 pm
skj

Programs: UA 2MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold
But doesn't award and points stay come from the same "pot"?
No
Old Jun 1, 2021, 2:04 pm

Originally Posted by skj
No
Ok, thanks. I have swapped out one night on a multi-night points reservation with a FNA (although there was no suite upgrade attached to it), I swear the agent said as long as there is points stay available (which there was since I booked it), I can replace a points night with a FNA.
Old Jun 1, 2021, 2:08 pm

Programs: AA EXP, BA Gold, VS Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Ok, thanks. I have swapped out one night on a multi-night points reservation with a FNA (although there was no suite upgrade attached to it), I swear the agent said as long as there is points stay available (which there was since I booked it), I can replace a points night with a FNA.
As long as there is points stay available *when you want to rebook*. At ventana this is rarely the case. And cancelling your existing booking doesn’t mean your room will be available for points redemption.
Old Jun 1, 2021, 8:04 pm

Anyone else have trouble when they tried linking their WOH account with AAdvantage? It keeps coming back “AA read timeout error SP-004”
Old Jun 2, 2021, 7:48 am
FT

Originally Posted by FT
US hotel. Alcohol and non-alcoholic although the one that didn't post was only alcohol. I'd be surprised if that was the case and Hyatt didn't count alcohol toward base points.
how can I find out which locales do not apply alcohol charges as qualifying charges? Is it safer to assume alcohol charges are never going to count as qualifying?
Old Jun 2, 2021, 8:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
Originally Posted by FT
how can I find out which locales do not apply alcohol charges as qualifying charges? Is it safer to assume alcohol charges are never going to count as qualifying?
I would assume that and ask at the front desk. In most cases, it is because the city or state (in the US) does not permit it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.