Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 8, 2015, 12:28 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FlyMan
Opinion will vary but this was compiled by what was highlighted by most members:

All allow 2 adult with 2 kids
Print Wikipost

which Hyatt in Tokyo?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 30, 2016, 11:50 am

Originally Posted by Aventine
I like Andaz but their pool doesn't look anything like Aman's pool. F&B at Andaz is better than Pen if they're not looking for high end Cantonese food. I'd much rather eat at Andaz than Tokyo Pen.
Even if looking for Chinese, the Peninsula's F&B is disappointing. Mandarin Oriental and The Palace would be much better options.
Old Mar 3, 2016, 11:43 am

I have 2 free night certificates and I am trying to decide between the PH and the Andaz. I have platinum from the credit card. Most posts here suggest to pick the Andaz over the PH unless you have diamond status. Is this correct?
Old Mar 3, 2016, 1:54 pm

Originally Posted by khochurn
I have 2 free night certificates and I am trying to decide between the PH and the Andaz. I have platinum from the credit card. Most posts here suggest to pick the Andaz over the PH unless you have diamond status. Is this correct?
Yes. Diamond status is what really puts PHT over the top.
Old Mar 3, 2016, 2:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by MattEvan
Yes. Diamond status is what really puts PHT over the top.
If location and a good club lounge are really important to you, then the Grand Hyatt Tokyo should also be in play.
Old Mar 4, 2016, 2:24 am

Programs: Hyatt Glb, MR Plat
Any experiences lately of extra charge or not for 3rd adult at PH and Andaz on award nights? Rollaway won't be needed. Also how do they treat Diamonds on reservation, not booked from their account.
Old Mar 4, 2016, 2:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by frudd38
Any experiences lately of extra charge or not for 3rd adult at PH and Andaz on award nights? Rollaway won't be needed. Also how do they treat Diamonds on reservation, not booked from their account.
No charge at Andaz. And the rollaway has always been free for me.
Old Mar 4, 2016, 11:56 am

Originally Posted by hailstorm
No charge at Andaz. And the rollaway has always been free for me.
Nice, thank you. So with official 3rd adult on the room, were you able to get Diamond breakfast benefit for all 3 adults included?
Old Mar 4, 2016, 3:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by frudd38
Nice, thank you. So with official 3rd adult on the room, were you able to get Diamond breakfast benefit for all 3 adults included?
Of course. That is standard Hyatt policy by the T&C.
Old Mar 6, 2016, 12:08 am

Originally Posted by hailstorm
Of course. That is standard Hyatt policy by the T&C.
Sorry, I meant from my original question with Diamond on the reservation (3rd adult) but not booked out of that Diamond's account. I think it's YMMV up to the hotel to how they treat that for upgrades/breakfast.
Old Mar 27, 2016, 1:47 am

Debating

Taking family to Tokyo for the first time. I currently have 2 nights of a guest of honor Diamond booking at the PH...currently debating whether I should switch to the Andaz. Thoughts?
Old Mar 27, 2016, 1:53 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

which Hyatt in Tokyo?

The Andaz is less points... If you can find availability....
Old Mar 27, 2016, 5:10 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by jlfriedman
Taking family to Tokyo for the first time. I currently have 2 nights of a guest of honor Diamond booking at the PH...currently debating whether I should switch to the Andaz. Thoughts?
PHT is iconic but I thought was meh. As stated, Andaz is less points. Both Diamond breakfast are great but I was blown away by the quality at Andaz. PHT is know for the pool and bar from Lost in Translation, but the Andaz pool is THE nicest city (infinity) pool I've ever seen. Am in Tokyo now at HR, heading to HR Kyoto and am excited to return to Andaz after Kyoto.

PHT did not meet expectation for me, Andaz met/exceed the hype. I agree with the many favorable reviews for Andaz on FT.
Old Mar 27, 2016, 5:19 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

For me both don't meet the hype...... I like the Shinjuku area better, but like the Andaz more than the PH. On points it wouldn't be a contest.
Old Mar 27, 2016, 6:52 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta Diamond/ Hyatt top tier(lifetime)
If your diamond go PHT. Go Andaz. PHT treats diamonds very well (never once have stayed non suite here in over 10 stays only used a Dsu once or twice) and In my opinion the location is preference versus the Andaz.
Old Mar 27, 2016, 7:56 pm
Moderator: Mileage Run, InterContinental Hotels

Originally Posted by footastic
If your diamond go PHT. Go Andaz. PHT treats diamonds very well (never once have stayed non suite here in over 10 stays only used a Dsu once or twice) and In my opinion the location is preference versus the Andaz.
I wouldn't think that a first time guest staying on points is practically guaranteed a suite at PH. So maybe better not to go in with that expectation.

Location-wise, I find that part of Shinjuku pretty depressing. Nothing is in easy walking distance, transportation options aren't great, and much of the 1980s construction around the Tokyo Metropolitan Government building and the western side of Shinjuku station (Odakyu/HALC) has the charm of Eastern Germany before the fall of the wall.

Agree with others that PH and Andaz are overhyped, but IMO, PH more so than Andaz. The latter is a great experience, and a bargain at 25k points or P&C. GH is also a very strong option if you apply a DSU. HR is best avoided.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.