Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 8, 2015, 12:28 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FlyMan
Opinion will vary but this was compiled by what was highlighted by most members:

All allow 2 adult with 2 kids
Print Wikipost

which Hyatt in Tokyo?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 8, 2015, 5:37 am
formerly htang333
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: Virtuoso, Top Ranked: Four Seasons (Top 25 Advisor), AMAN (Top 50), Rosewood, Hyatt Prive, etc.
Originally Posted by Aventine
The Andaz XL is like a junior suite. Spacious enough for me and partner. Can fit max 3 people so that might be an option for you.

You could gift them Guest of Honor and they would get breakfasts at least and other Diamond benefits.
That's good to know!

Unfortunately, at the moment Guest of Honor is only through end of 2015 (I've already tried to book it with my points for friends - no go).
But am hoping that the program was a success and they'll continue in 2016 as well.
Old Aug 18, 2015, 2:19 pm

Programs: Hyatt Giraffe
Hi All,

Planning for our first visit to Tokyo next July. Looking to spend 6 nights (hopefully not too much) and will be 2 + 2 (kids 5 + 10). Open to the PH or to the Andaz. Any thoughts on comfort or occupancy issues with base room? Open to doing suites if available too. Andaz suite looks nice!
Old Aug 18, 2015, 7:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by sam_goh
Hi All,

Planning for our first visit to Tokyo next July. Looking to spend 6 nights (hopefully not too much) and will be 2 + 2 (kids 5 + 10). Open to the PH or to the Andaz. Any thoughts on comfort or occupancy issues with base room? Open to doing suites if available too. Andaz suite looks nice!
I think the Andaz large would be best for a family. The base rooms would be a tight fit and there's a chance that they MIGHT upgrade you to a suite based on availability from the Large.

Andaz Tokyo regularly sells out their suites and there's not so many of them. I would pay for the Large and cross your fingers to get lucky for the Suites.

Last edited by Aventine; Aug 18, 2015 at 9:11 pm Reason: Added more
Old Aug 19, 2015, 11:21 pm

Programs: DL PM 0.5MM, Hyatt Globalist, HHonors Gold, SPG Plat, Marriott Gold, Avis PC, National EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by sam_goh
Hi All,

I would go with Andaz. Personally, I thought the base room was big enough for a family of 4. Room was larger than a traditional base room in the US in my opinion.
Old Sep 18, 2015, 11:06 pm

Programs: DL GM, AA PLAT, Hilton Gold, AMEX Plat
Just finishing a stay at the HR. The way it was described on the thread, I thought I'd be walking into some moth eaten claptrap of a Hyatt.

Upon entering my room. I was taken aback. The rooms are gorgeous, and while in need of a slight update, the HR outpaces nearly every Hyatt I've been to in the US (save most Andaz's)
I do agree the lounge offerings are meager and could be better, but other than that, no complaints.

I think the term "Best Value" Hyatt in Tokyo is EXTREMELY relative here, as anyone familiar with the Hyatt brand and it's offerings in the US will be very pleased with the decor, ambiance, and service level of the hotel.
Old Sep 19, 2015, 12:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Never stayed at HR Tokyo but follow the thread in this forum. not surprised it's a good stay and value.

I'd say Andaz is also a good value proposition. Different price class but Diamonds are treated well.
Old Sep 19, 2015, 2:55 am

Never stayed at HR Tokyo but follow the thread in this forum. not surprised it's a good stay and value.

I'd say Andaz is also a good value proposition. Different price class but Diamonds are treated well.
All of the Tokyo Hyatts are nice and have their unique strong points. HR Tokyo even has a Michel Troisgros restaurant!

But I agree about Andaz, as I always say. It's one hell of a nice hotel and the people are the best! Therefore, it's my top choice by a mile. I won't be staying at the other Hyatts anytime soon.
Old Sep 19, 2015, 2:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by MikeFromTokyo
All of the Tokyo Hyatts are nice and have their unique strong points. HR Tokyo even has a Michel Troisgros restaurant!

But I agree about Andaz, as I always say. It's one hell of a nice hotel and the people are the best! Therefore, it's my top choice by a mile. I won't be staying at the other Hyatts anytime soon.
hahah see you there sometime MikeFromTokyo.
Old Sep 19, 2015, 3:00 am

hahah see you there sometime MikeFromTokyo.
It would be my pleasure

Unfortunately no immediate plans to go to Japan. The longer I stay away from Japan though, the more I forget about aspects of Japan that I didn't always enjoy, and the more fondly I remember it. I seriously need an Andaz fix and to go out for sushi! I might eat at my favorite two restaurants every day for a week when I visit! Alternating sushi and tempura at my favorite places, and then plenty of meals at Andaz Tavern...

Last edited by MikeFromTokyo; Sep 19, 2015 at 3:25 am
Old Sep 19, 2015, 3:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It would be my pleasure

Unfortunately no inmediate plans to go to Japan. The longer I stay away from Japan though, the more I forget about aspects of Japan that I didn't always enjoy, and the more fondly I remember it. I seriously need an Andaz fix and to go out for sushi! I might eat at my favorite two restaurants every day for a week when I visit! Alternating sushi and tempura at my favorite places, and then plenty of meals at Andaz Tavern...
The Andaz sushi bar is quite decent for an in-house sushi joint and way better than GH's Roku roku. Maybe it's just Andaz that makes everything seem better.
Old Sep 19, 2015, 3:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
I seriously need an Andaz fix and to go out for sushi!
You can get a sushi fix without leaving Andaz now.
Old Sep 19, 2015, 3:23 am

Oh I am sure, but my favorite sushi restaurant in Aoyama is probably where I would choose to have my last meal on earth, if I had to choose! I am a friend of the owner/chef, and it has a special place in my heart.

But, on his day off, or over a rare holiday closure, I look forward to having sushi at Andaz.

I can imagine staying at Andaz, having lunch at the Tavern, going to the spa for massage and treatments, having dinner at The Sushi, followed by drinks at Rooftop bar. I would be as happy as a clam without ever leaving the hotel
Old Sep 19, 2015, 3:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I can imagine staying at Andaz, having lunch at the Tavern, going to the spa for massage and treatments, having dinner at The Sushi, followed by drinks at Rooftop bar. I would be as happy as a clam without ever leaving the hotel
I could do that. Just need my brioche toast at breakfast or as dessert at Andaz Tavern. I've even had it as dessert at the sushi bar! Bless Mr. Asada and his team who make the magic happen.
Old Sep 19, 2015, 3:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
I can't imagine having room for lunch after breakfast at the Tavern.
MSPeconomist likes this.
Old Sep 19, 2015, 3:45 am

I could do that. Just need my brioche toast at breakfast or as dessert at Andaz Tavern. I've even had it as dessert at the sushi bar! Bless Mr. Asada and his team who make the magic happen.
^ Oh, I forgot to add that i would start the day with breakfast at my usual corner table, which F&B management always reserves for me when they know I am coming. A few cups of their delicious coffee, two of those one-egg omlettes, nutella brioche, japanese items, cheese and charcuterie... How could I forget!?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.