Old May 8, 2015, 12:28 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FlyMan
Opinion will vary but this was compiled by what was highlighted by most members:

All allow 2 adult with 2 kids
Print Wikipost

which Hyatt in Tokyo?

Old Jan 29, 2015, 1:18 am

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, UA
Thanks again.

Decided to go with 2 nights at Andaz, since it will very likely be the only time we ever stay there. Used the DSU at the GH because it will be the last 2 nights of the trip and thinking that the PH suites might be less likely to fill up on a weekday.

So we've got 2 nights at Andaz on C&P, 2 at HR in an Atrium Suite on C&P, 2 at PH at the weekday rate of 39,000++ for a Deluxe Room, and 2 at GH in a Grand Exec King Suite on C&P.
Old Feb 4, 2015, 1:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by OsakaWino
Thanks again.

Decided to go with 2 nights at Andaz, since it will very likely be the only time we ever stay there. Used the DSU at the GH because it will be the last 2 nights of the trip and thinking that the PH suites might be less likely to fill up on a weekday.

So we've got 2 nights at Andaz on C&P, 2 at HR in an Atrium Suite on C&P, 2 at PH at the weekday rate of 39,000++ for a Deluxe Room, and 2 at GH in a Grand Exec King Suite on C&P.
From 2/2-9, their spa treatment rooms are undergoing maintenance and the pool as well.
Old Feb 4, 2015, 8:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Hyatt Diamond... I'm going to be in Tokyo in April. Booked into the HR on P+C for 3 nights.

Due to a flight change, I have an extra day in Tokyo and was thinking of treating myself to a night at the PH. Is it really worth it though? An extra 18,000 points, which is an extra $300 for those of us who have to buy points rather than MS on a credit card. Or I could just walk over with the missus for a drink and dinner for presumably much less, and still get some of the ambiance?

Alternatively, anybody care to comment about the HR in Hakone?

Last edited by craigthemif; Feb 4, 2015 at 8:38 pm
Old Feb 4, 2015, 11:37 pm

FWIW, I hated my stay at the HR.

Booked 2 rooms. Very minor upgrade on the 1st room (1 category only). Absolutely no upgrade on the 2nd room. Their base rooms are like a 1980s film set, particularly the bathroom.

And the service was... interesting. It was all the inflexibility of Japanese culture (which I know and understand well), but with the twist of a very non-Japenese air of arrogance/hostility/abruptness. And not just a one-off either - felt it a number of times. Very strange, and nowhere to be found at the Hilton next door when I moved the 2nd room in protest after one night.

When I return to Tokyo, it will absolutely not be at the HR. But I am looking forward to trying the Andaz - looks excellent.
Old Feb 5, 2015, 2:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by craigthemif
Hyatt Diamond... I'm going to be in Tokyo in April. Booked into the HR on P+C for 3 nights.

Due to a flight change, I have an extra day in Tokyo and was thinking of treating myself to a night at the PH. Is it really worth it though? An extra 18,000 points, which is an extra $300 for those of us who have to buy points rather than MS on a credit card. Or I could just walk over with the missus for a drink and dinner for presumably much less, and still get some of the ambiance?

How do you get 18000 points for $300? Last I checked they sold 1000 points for $24.

Anyway, if you're willing to give up sightseeing and indulge in all the PH has to offer a Diamond, then I think that it would be worth it.

As for HR Hakone, it's nice, but a bit sterile. If you're the kind of person that, given the choice of any beer in the world to try, would choose a Heineken, then the HR Hakone is for you.
Old Feb 5, 2015, 3:02 am

Originally Posted by hailstorm
How do you get 18000 points for $300? Last I checked they sold 1000 points for $24.
The 40% purchase bonus offer which finished 5 days ago.
Old Feb 5, 2015, 8:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

it's a bit out of the way from Tokyo too. I'd rather be at the PH, GH or Andaz than use my last Tokyo night out in Hakone.
Old Feb 5, 2015, 10:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Aventine
it's a bit out of the way from Tokyo too. I'd rather be at the PH, GH or Andaz than use my last Tokyo night out in Hakone.
Actually, I'd rather be in Tokyo on business and have my Japanese trading house colleagues / friends take me out on the company tab...

Originally Posted by hailstorm

Anyway, if you're willing to give up sightseeing and indulge in all the PH has to offer a Diamond, then I think that it would be worth it.

As for HR Hakone, it's nice, but a bit sterile. If you're the kind of person that, given the choice of any beer in the world to try, would choose a Heineken, then the HR Hakone is for you.
Interesting blog... Thanks for the insight on the PH... Funny you described it exactly as I told my girlfriend... that if we stay there it would be zero sightseeing / leaving the hotel for those 24-30 hours... Presumably there's no problem with 4 p.m. diamond late check-out?

re.Hakone. Number 1 on my girlfriend's list of "to do" for Japan is Mount Fuji. Having done the Hakone loop myself previously as a daytrip from Tokyo, only to see clouds, I thought 2 days would be better than 1 for getting that elusive glimpse... And since it does have an onsen, I can barely manage to convince myself to part with 25k points (actually P+C).

Yes, I work on the basis on the 40% bonus I see regularly enough = 1.7 cents a point...
Old Feb 6, 2015, 8:18 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
An extra 18,000 points, which is an extra $300 for those of us who have to buy points rather than MS on a credit card.
Actually, some of us just earn our points through stays
MSPeconomist likes this.
Old Feb 6, 2015, 8:48 am

Originally Posted by Kacee
Actually, some of us just earn our points through stays
GP pt sales seem to be a pretty legitimate way of picking up some some extra pts.

Last edited by OsakaWino; Feb 6, 2015 at 9:17 am
Old Feb 6, 2015, 10:17 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

They all are... get them in a way that suits you. I can only wish that I had the option to have the credit card.
Old Feb 6, 2015, 5:43 pm
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

...re.Hakone. Number 1 on my girlfriend's list of "to do" for Japan is Mount Fuji. Having done the Hakone loop myself previously as a daytrip from Tokyo, only to see clouds, I thought 2 days would be better than 1 for getting that elusive glimpse... And since it does have an onsen, I can barely manage to convince myself to part with 25k points (actually P+C)....
I'd say you're as likely to see Mt Fuji from a room facing that direction at the PH as you are from Hakone,
Old Feb 6, 2015, 8:20 pm

Originally Posted by RichardInSF
I'd say you're as likely to see Mt Fuji from a room facing that direction at the PH as you are from Hakone,
And since often the most likely time of day is very early in the morning, it is a lot easier to look out the window at 6 AM.
Old Feb 6, 2015, 11:58 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, IHG Gold Ambassador, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by RichardInSF
All this talk of PH almost makes me want to switch part of our long stay (8 or 10 nights) from GHT to PHT but it's my mom's special trip and don't think she'd be in favor of moving hotels.

Plus got a pretty nice BRG (~35500 yen) and DSU to a suite
Old Feb 11, 2015, 7:44 pm

Hyatt Regency Tokyo, Executive or Atrium Suite?

I was given a choice between the Regency suite and the Atrium suite at HR Tokyo when using DSU.

I've read great things about the Atrium suite and picked that option. However, I learned that this type of room is only available on the lowest floors of the property.

Is it worth giving up Atrium suite for a high floor Regency suite, for the views?

As a diamond member, what are the chances the hotel will further upgrade me upon check-in to another suite?

Another consideration is to go with alternate Hyatt in Tokyo altogether. Are the others worth the increase in points/cash? Is there a great use of DSU at the GH or Andaz?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.